Glastonbury flu

Amy Lawn

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 years I've been now and I've always thought the Glastonbury Flu was a myth. Never had nothing before but It's hit me good this year, ironically it being the driest of all the times I've ever been. I would have thought after last years mud and rain I would have caught something but nope.

Been dying since Wednesday. Earache, bad throat, headache, blocked nose, runny nose, sneezing, popped ears, all over feeling of general shit. Having a great old time :)

Was back at work on Friday, and probably been in decent nick since yesterday. I've hammered the exercise since Thursday and that tends to sweat the toxins out of me. Kept going with the milk thistle and berocca also. Hopefully that'll be it, though it took a fortnight for the flu to kick in last year.

As an aside, I had what I'm now referring to as Arcadia Arse Syndrome on Saturday night while up there for Goldie/Jon Hopkins. That bass was so lethal I very nearly went back to my tent, until I spotted some Immodium at the shop at the bottom of the Park.

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

on another note ...I find the farm does wonders for my spots ... don't know if its the cider ... or the sunshine ... or maybe a diet with fewer fizzy drinks .. or what it is ? as soon as I return home so do the spots :( and I'm bloody 41 !!

I'm the same. I think it's the lack of stress compared to the "real world".

I had no idea this wasn't just me! Still haven't recovered from Glasto flu, so in all I haven't felt normal in over 10 days.... I would assume it's the mixture of germs/immunities from all over the world converging in one place, I definitely count myself lucky for never having caught this before

I've got Glastonbury Flu too. Had this last week booked off work luckily. I started feeling bad Wednesday and it's only today that I am feeling more normal. I don't drink much and don't do drugs but I do over excert myself with a lot of walking  about and late nights. Those 5 days in Somerset are both totally magical and utterly knackering!

Thank god I'm not the only one out there with Glasto Aids... 

I was fine Tuesday and part of Wednesday, since then I've been rough as a badgers arse. No obvious symptoms of a cold or flu or bugger all, just felt absolutely deflated and lifeless with a persistent throaty cough. I can usually battle on with a cold or stomach bug ect but this has knocked me for six. Pretty much led in my Camper since Friday morning doing nothing but sleep. Haven't even had the energy to cook anything. 

Saddest thing is my dog of eleven years shat all over the floor in the early hours yesterday because I couldn't take her out. Never felt so guilty, poor thing must of been bursting to do that. 

1 hour ago, sime said:

I've got Glastonbury Flu too. Had this last week booked off work luckily. I started feeling bad Wednesday and it's only today that I am feeling more normal. I don't drink much and don't do drugs but I do over excert myself with a lot of walking  about and late nights. Those 5 days in Somerset are both totally magical and utterly knackering!

I have done 14 Glasto,'s and although I am used to the come down I have never been ill.

Usually I spend the week after with a fire in my back yard crying .

Ths year I have only wanted to sleep and felt really poorly which is not like me.

My partner had to go to doctors late Monday and they sent her to A&E .

We have def caught something this year !

1 hour ago, ivan said:

I have done 14 Glasto,'s and although I am used to the come down I have never been ill.

Usually I spend the week after with a fire in my back yard crying .

Ths year I have only wanted to sleep and felt really poorly which is not like me.

My partner had to go to doctors late Monday and they sent her to A&E .

We have def caught something this year !

Hope your partner is OK now.

Definitely something going around! This was my 21st  Glastonbury and I don't usually get a cold after coming back, just have a very tired body. This year though, lots of people have picked something up!

Edited by sime

My nose has been running like a tap for about 4 days and I'm feeling a little bit "chesty", but feel fine otherwise, so don't think it's a cold or flu... I'm wondering if it's some kind of mental hay fever/dust allergy combo? it's driving me insane either way!

First day back at work today and no change... I slept all of three hours max and was coughing my guts up. Slept my break and a cheeky extra 15 minutes on front seats of van. Feel run down and tired, bad throat and chest. 

The dry cough has turned into proper dark green mucus now which means I have a few days to go. Not enjoying life one bit at the moment.... 

Roll on 2019