Places you never made it to

Michaels denim shorts

Still to ... see a park headliner ... find the dragon ... miss the  headliners at main stages for SE corner ... visit piano bar .. go to rabbit hole .. go to newish strummerville ... go to new temple (walked past it before it opened ) ... put glitter on my face :) go up the ribbon tower ....  think I'm going to have to do at least another  10 before I've ticked these off 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I tried I still didn't manage to get into the Rabbit hole this year, queues were just insane every time I went past! Also missed out on Strummerville, Acoustic, Beat Hotel, Piano bar. Seemed to end up in Greenpeace every night weirdly.

3 hours ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

Strummerville is essentially a fire pit in the trees with a small stage. Not far from the stone circle 

its moved a couple of times though the original I believe was somewhere in the south east corner, the stone is still there, I'm sure someone will have a pic 

This is from back when it was in the Unfairground.

FB_IMG_1499003652888.jpg.b85df5130894092faff0fb0a9084bd5b.jpg

The Strummer stone is still there, but I think it's in a crew area now (terrible pic, sorry!)

FB_IMG_1499003585413.jpg.fb07ff2a7ea921f7649d7a54450eb868.jpg

Edited by mr gumby

Its down to who I want to see each year as to where I pass through tbh. You have to kind of triage it somewhat as well as you just cant see everything. As a result, just passed through Park and didnt visit Rabbit Hole and Strummer. However, had a long and amazing sesh in Piano Bar, which had been moved up the hill a bit this year, was redesigned internally and had a number or other features added (eg a mini Piano Bar), in what was a whole new area really. Saw Bohemianauts there...

3 hours ago, Homer said:

Despite doing absolutely tons (I mean, I went to the Astrolabe twice), I still didn't manage Strummerville, Ribbon Tower, Rabbit Hole or piano bar. Did find Crows Nest though (albeit without actually watching anything in there). Have come to accept that these places just aren't important enough to me. Also, why queue to go up the ribbon tower when you can just walk up the (higher) hill behind it instead?!

Because it's a different angle and more importantly, you walk through a rainbow to get to the top.

I didn't get to loads of places this year, the line up was just too good for me to manage to do much exploring. To name a few: strummerville, stone circle, Glastonbury sign, rabbithole (in fact anywhere that end of the park), most of silver Hayes, cineramegeddon and arcadia.

Edited by barkley87

8 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Still to ... see a park headliner ... find the dragon ... miss the  headliners at main stages for SE corner ... visit piano bar .. go to rabbit hole .. go to newish strummerville ... go to new temple (walked past it before it opened ) ... put glitter on my face :) go up the ribbon tower ....  think I'm going to have to do at least another  10 before I've ticked these off 

I STILL have glitter in my hair... 

(Yes I've washed!) 

Just realised I never saw a single act at the other stage. That is a first for me. I was walking past when Lorde,  Wiley, alt J & BBK  were all on, but nothing I heard made me want to stay. 

Lorde possibly, but I was gunna be at the back & didnt know any of the tunes so would struggle to get into it. 

2 minutes ago, UEF said:

There's something about the Feng Shui of the Other Stage that doesn't sit right with me

I dont mind the stage tbh. People seem to dislike it, but this year nothing was on it I wanted to see apart from British Sea Power (saw Jools Holland instead) & Liam Gallagher (saw Katy Perry)

On 02/07/2017 at 11:39 AM, Dillyblue said:

Due to a hubbie health issue, we managed just the end one and a half days so only tried to fit in our favourite little places.....can I go back and try again this week please for the rest?!!!!   I wish.....xxx

Perhaps go back to Worthy Farm when it's out of season and have a wander around, and then perhaps go to Glastonbury town after for a pint of cider? 

On 2017-7-2 at 11:38 AM, stuartbert two hats said:

This year was the first time since it started that I've been to the festival and not seen a single act at The Park Stage. Went through The Park area a few times Wed, Thurs + after hours. I love that stage, just the way the lineup fell this time.

Me too. My 4th Glastonbury and I was surprised there was nothing I caught on the stage despite spending loads of time in the Park as usual. Reading this forum I really wish I'd made it for Elbow and the very end of Flaming Lips after Radiohead. 

I only went to SE corner once this year and when I got there went straight to NYC Downlow so missed all of the rest of it, which is a shame...especially as one of our group was a newbie. Never made it to strummerville, rabbit hole, piano bar, john peel or silver hayes this year. What was I actually doing?!!

I spent more time around the circus field and finally made it up the ribbon tower...in fact my boyfriend asked me to marry him at the top :)

Watching highlights at the moment still trying to wrap my head around not going next year.