Clash regrets...I've got a few

Tootts

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Hate to say but this should be quite obvious before hand. Fairplay to anyone that likes them but I waled past on the top past past on the right side of the stage and it was staggeringly dull to listen to....without him being smashed which by the sounds of it now he was. Saw Sasha and Digweed separate which I hope happens again in a couple of years. I thought Biffy were one of the sets of the weekend, but then so was Craig David. Foo's were great but too much talking...extended bits that could have included soem more songs in, no This is a Call was a bit shit.

but they did play this is a call...

On 7/1/2017 at 11:57 PM, russycarps said:

Picked radiohead over flaming lips, to be with friends rather than going solo.

Exactly the same thing happened in 2003, picking radiohead over SFA.

Glastonbury is a cruel mistress. But radiohead was an unreal experience.

That surprised me Russy, you were particularly vocal about where Thom and the lads could place it if they clashed with Flips!  Glad you enjoyed the set though.

Watched Flips on iPlayer and it did look like an absolute blast, but equally happy I went with Radiohead.

As a previous poster wrote, everything was on on Friday.  I missed Kris Kristofferson, Kiefer Sutherland, Margo Price, Alabama 3 - all of whom I would have loved to have seen.  Happy with what I saw instead though.  Did Emily Barker all the way through to Seth Lakeman on the Acoustic.  I find you often get to see more if you stick to one stage (did not like Martha Wainwright though).

I had a tough time deciding between Billy Bragg (+ the Mavericks) versus Radiohead.   Went for BB in the end as I thought that would be more fun.  He was great, though the Mavericks were disappointing.  Poor sound in the Avalon (way too much bass; I had to stand outside the tent to get decent sound).  I watched Radiohead since on the iPlayer and I guess that would have been rather good to be at....

On 02/07/2017 at 4:30 PM, Troop Dogg said:

Toots and the Maytals vs ANYTHING ELSE

Thought I'd missed them Saturday when we stopped for Liam (bit of a disappointment, what happened to the sound at the Other, desperate need for Mark Coyle on the desk), then walked round a corner in Shangri-La at about 2:30 Sunday morning, and lo and behold stumbled into their surprise set.  Apparently they missed their WH slot so played Shangri-La instead.  Having not seen them in the last 22 years must have been one of the highlights of the weekend for me.   

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

WHY did nobody tell me about these guys. now my greatest regret at anything ever 

Same here man. Was gonna see them on Friday night but I just didn't have the energy to stay up any longer after dancing in Miniscule Of Sound. The drizzle also put me off. 

Just now, BlackHole2006 said:

Same here man. Was gonna see them on Friday night but I just didn't have the energy to stay up any longer after dancing in Miniscule Of Sound. The drizzle also put me off. 

Oh maaaaaan they played in the Rabbit Hole oh my god this has killed me. This is the sorta shit I go to Glastonbury for  

I had a bit of clash regret over missing 'Foo Fighters headlining Glastonbury' until I watched it on telly. Holy shit. After the first combo of hits followed the most tedious 90 minutes of entertainment thinkable and I watched Free Fire the other night.

Edited by dentalplan