Clash regrets...I've got a few

Tootts

The only one I regret is seeing BBK over Justice, not even a clash as I had no desire to see BBK at all, but by Sunday night just wanted to stay with my group and had no luck trying to convince anyone to go and see Justice.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Left anderson paak who was brilliant early to catch radiohead, missed flaming lips obviously but managed to catch the last 2 and they were wonderful.

Radiohead were fantastic and definitely happy I picked them but watching the other 2 sets back I reckon those would have been my top 3 if there was no clashes.

I also picked future islands instead of the xx, they were great but I'm seeing them again on Thursday. Also missed the first song of andy paak for them now that I think of it!

Watched Tove Lo at John Peel instead of Temples at Park Stage, because I wanted to be certain of getting a good spot for The National. Considering how few people watched The National and how good Temples were, judging by the BBC broadcast, I wish I had made the trek up to the Park.

Tove Lo was decent though, and I do wonder who got to dip their hands in glitter and fondle her breasts.

Left halfway through Elbow to catch Paak.

Left halfway through Paak for Radiohead.

Left after half an hour through Radiohead for the Flaming Lips.

With hindsight, I should have watched all of Paak and meandered up to the Park. I found myself getting more and more frustrated leaving Elbow, then Paak when they were both clearly belting shows.

My intention was to watch all of Radiohead until the lack of atmosphere where I was standing put me on a right downer and I made a last minute call and went all in on Wayne & co to save my night. A gamble that paid off considerably.

Lessons learnt though, bite size chunks of sets are rarely satisfying.

I wish I'd seen Katy Perry instead of Liam... the sound was awful at Liam and the crowd were clearly just there for Oasis songs which made it a bit flat when he played all his own stuff.

And I wish I'd seen The Pretenders instead of the inside of my tent with a hangover. :lol: 

13 hours ago, rattlerattlerattle said:

Future Islands - Regret nothing as I don't think i've ever been as happy but by all accounts the xx and Anderson Paak seem to have both been great.

Katy Perry - I was always heading towards Liam but last minute decided to stay for the show. It was a spectacle, better than I thought but Liam would have been enjoyable with mates

What this person below said, I left after the 1st two but heard the 3rd as was in an Other stage crush....something that needs sorting but in all fairness it happens regardless of whether Liam was on or not but not as bad, no one gave a shit for Wall of Glass around that entire bit and were just waiting for Oasis song, and judging by the 1st two, to be sang pretty poorly but I'll admit Whats the Story was better than Rock and Roll Star which sounded dreadful. What I meant to do was stand on the edge of the area so it was easier to get to KP but I had headed back to my tent and byt he time I got there it was a very rushed effort to eat before Liam even started.

13 hours ago, Penrhos said:

You were better off at KP - the crowd were a bit lack-lustre at LG apart from the Oasis songs.

13 hours ago, kaytee... said:

Still wish I made time to catch Lorde between The xx and Radiohead. Actually cried when I watched her set back

Didn't rate is that much for what I saw to be honest.

Having to sacrifice Anderson Paak, Billy Bragg and Alabama 3 to ensure good radiohead spot, then having to sacrifice flaming lips while radiohead were on. Radiohead were great, but it was still annoying especially as there were no other headliners I was particularly arsed about the rest on the Saturday and Sunday. 

14 hours ago, Penrhos said:

The XX Vs Elbow secret set.

Radiohead Vs Flaming Lips Vs Major Lazer.

Katy Perry Vs Liam.

Sasha & Digweed Vs Fatboy Slim Vs The Jacksons Vs The Foos

Cassette Boy Vs Dr Meaker

Nile Rogers and Chic Vs The Killers secret set.

Biffy Clyro overlapping Goldfrapp & London Grammar.

Groove Armada Vs Metronomy Vs Ed Sherran Vs Justice.

Saw Radiohead - should have seen flaming lips or Major lazer - either would have been more entertaining.

Saw Liam - should have seen Katy Perry.

Saw Jacksons - should have seen Sasha & Digweed.

Saw Ed Sherran and some of Justice - should have seen Groove Armada & Justice.

Hate to say but this should be quite obvious before hand. Fairplay to anyone that likes them but I waled past on the top past past on the right side of the stage and it was staggeringly dull to listen to....without him being smashed which by the sounds of it now he was. Saw Sasha and Digweed separate which I hope happens again in a couple of years. I thought Biffy were one of the sets of the weekend, but then so was Craig David. Foo's were great but too much talking...extended bits that could have included soem more songs in, no This is a Call was a bit shit.

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

Hate to say but this should be quite obvious before hand. Fairplay to anyone that likes them but I waled past on the top past past on the right side of the stage and it was staggeringly dull to listen to....without him being smashed which by the sounds of it now he was. Saw Sasha and Digweed separate which I hope happens again in a couple of years. I thought Biffy were one of the sets of the weekend, but then so was Craig David. Foo's were great but too much talking...extended bits that could have included soem more songs in, no This is a Call was a bit shit.

“Don’t get too fucked up, you got work on Monday. Unless you don’t give a shit. I did after Glastonbury.”

NME with their clickbait titles.

I had a super Sunday at west holts planned, ended up staying on the pyramid because I couldn't be arsed trekking over there and finding my group afterwards. I still had a great time and had already previously seen moderat and justice so didn't feel like I missed out too much.

It's times like that where I wish I could clone myself 

Only regret I have is missing Royal Blood but I was already in The Park for the previous 2 acts and couldn't be sure I'd get a decent spec for Elbow if I'd left. Still don't know, so happy with my choice.

Other than that, all is right with the world, didn't see a poor act all weekend.

I nailed my decisions. Got dragged to the Foo Fighters against my will and then had a blast; missing the Jacksons who were apparently rubbish (and I've seen being good at Bestival).

Ducked out of Radiohead early instead of being one of the annoying moaners, went to Dizzee and, er, had a blast.

Can't complain!

Just now, Gnomicide said:

Didn't see a poor act all weekend.

Amen to the that; everything I saw was great. Only slightly crap bit was Groove Armada DJ set - but that was down to not being able to hear it too well from outside the Stonebridge Bar (there was a one in, one out system).

Edited by Homer

Future Islands/Clean Bandit/Radiohead instead of The Park on Friday night...my missus' feet were in bits so I'll sort of let her off...at least she realised that Radiohead were as dull as I said so we left after 30mins!

Saturday worked out well, though we still didn't make everything

Sunday - Killers v Chic...aaargh ended up loving Chic but wondered what I missed. We picked Ed and should have gone for Groove Armada and Justice and caught the last 20 mins of the latter

Only one Ive got is sitting at West Holts for 45 mibutes waiting for Toots and the Maytals to no show. 

Would have liked to have seen Flaming Lips but clashibg with Radiohead I was on a win-win and a lose-lose either choice I made. 

Wouldnt have minded seeing Chic but Magic Numbers were really good so not all that fussed. I enjoyed near every band I saw so was happy with my choices. 

This year was my first with plenty of close friends. Made the decision to have two bands a day I had to see, then completely go with the flow the rest of the time, because I wanted to share as much Glastonbury time with my friends as possible. Worked out well I reckon!

Would have had a drastically different time if I did what I usually do and charged about doing my own thing, but no regrets whatsoever! Last week will live in my heart forever.

Was saying that next time (they're all hooked now! :D ) we'll probably all end up spending a lot more time apart, and meeting each other as and when.

Also I've been really enjoying watching back the stuff I missed, as even though I wasn't there, I still feel a part of it somehow. Warpaint looks glorious, xx beautiful, Biffy a wonderful sunset crescendo... Ohhhhh, Glastonbury!

13 hours ago, russycarps said:

Picked radiohead over flaming lips, to be with friends rather than going solo.

Exactly the same thing happened in 2003, picking radiohead over SFA.

Glastonbury is a cruel mistress. But radiohead was an unreal experience.

I had both of these dilemmas and went with Radiohead both times.