Clash regrets...I've got a few

Tootts

This always happens to me and I wish it wouldn't, but there are a couple of acts I regret missing every year. This year I am mostly kicking myself over missing Jon Hopkins at Arcadia and choosing a quieter night at The Jacksons instead. The choice of acts this year was particularly immense though and there were always going to be some tough choices! Who are you most kicking yourself over missing? 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The XX Vs Elbow secret set.

Radiohead Vs Flaming Lips Vs Major Lazer.

Katy Perry Vs Liam.

Sasha & Digweed Vs Fatboy Slim Vs The Jacksons Vs The Foos

Cassette Boy Vs Dr Meaker

Nile Rogers and Chic Vs The Killers secret set.

Biffy Clyro overlapping Goldfrapp & London Grammar.

Groove Armada Vs Metronomy Vs Ed Sherran Vs Justice.

Saw Radiohead - should have seen flaming lips or Major lazer - either would have been more entertaining.

Saw Liam - should have seen Katy Perry.

Saw Jacksons - should have seen Sasha & Digweed.

Saw Ed Sherran and some of Justice - should have seen Groove Armada & Justice.

Edited by Penrhos

Virtually every band I wanted to see was playing Friday evening. I missed about six acts that day, most of which were higher on my list than anyone on Saturday or Sunday. 

Beforehand I said "The xx had better be fucking stunning, the number of bands I'm going to miss for them". Basically I needed nothing short of the finest run of three performances I'd ever seen in 13 festivals not to end the night feeling severely aggrieved with my lot at the end of the night.

No regrets :D

Future Islands - Regret nothing as I don't think i've ever been as happy but by all accounts the xx and Anderson Paak seem to have both been great.

Katy Perry - I was always heading towards Liam but last minute decided to stay for the show. It was a spectacle, better than I thought but Liam would have been enjoyable with mates

3 minutes ago, rattlerattlerattle said:

Katy Perry - I was always heading towards Liam but last minute decided to stay for the show. It was a spectacle, better than I thought but Liam would have been enjoyable with mates

You were better off at KP - the crowd were a bit lack-lustre at LG apart from the Oasis songs.

I think its normal to come back from Glastonbury with tiny regrets of what you missed. I'm not daring to watch any BBC footage of Warpaint, cos I was simply too exhausted to trek all the way down to The Park and back to see them. But hey, overall I had such a great time and saw some great stuff, so best to just accept it as inevitable of the place being so big and good.

38 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I hear RIDE were really good?

Ride were excellent. I'm too young to remember them from the 90's but I've really enjoyed their new stuff and it didn't disappoint live. They really go to town with the long guitars jams. Andy Bell is particularly good. JP was probably only a quarter full, but it had the feeling those there were real fans that had waited a long time for that gig.