Worthy Farm is clean!

Sawdusty surfer

12 minutes ago, dazednconfused said:

Ta for the clarification. 

Had no idea people would travel that far for such a short stint of work to be fair. 

Zero hour contracts for this kind of work are obvious. Nevertheless, that isn't a carte blanche to treat people shit. Wouldn't be hard to set the right expectations.

Fully with Sawdusty Surfer, it is incredibly easy to let people off content and happy. 

At the very least given them a meal ticket 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Tyonks said:

Find this extremely disheartening to be honest. If this was Sports Direct we'd rightly be up in arms  

I'm no fan of the way it appears to have been handled, but there's quite a big difference between this & the likes of sports direct

19 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

I'm no fan of the way it appears to have been handled, but there's quite a big difference between this & the likes of sports direct

Think you may have mis read my post slightly. I'm not saying Glastonbury is like Sports Direct but if Sports Direct was behaving in this manner we'd be pissed off. 

Edited by Tyonks

I noticed the lack of the usual "volunteers wanted for after festival clean up" posters this year. Always something I've thought about doing but have never been in the position to do.

It would appear that maybe they they took a different route to the clean up this year. Possibly contracting it out?

Have to agree that this year I have never seen the site so clean on a Monday. Remarkably less litter.

Edited by MrZigster

5 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

I noticed the lack of the usual "volunteers wanted for after festival clean up" posters this year. Always something I've thought about doing but have never been in the position to do.

It would appear that maybe they they took a different route to the clean up this year. Possibly contracting it out?

Have to agree that this year I have never seen the site so clean on a Monday. Remarkably less litter.

If I were to guess at what's happened here I'd go with this. They contracted the work out and it hasn't worked out so well. 

21 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

We saw those posters around near West Holts and Green Fields area.

10 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

We saw those posters around near West Holts and Green Fields area.

Funnily, this was the first year I had seen posters for litter picking clean up crew. My son saw them around too.

It advertised £7.50p/hour and meals provided, but no mention of any guaranteed number of days work.

A few friends used to do it several years ago, went to a nearby village hall on the Tuesday and it was first come first served with the jobs, depending on how long they expected it to take. Then they would reduce the numbers every few days as demand reduced. They always seemed to enjoy the whole process often as much as the fest itself. Big shift seems to be if theyve let people sign on in advance online, and people have travelled specifically for the work, rather than festival goers it's normally intended for.

Obviously if the sites clean there's no more work, but seems harsh to not provide the meals for the rest of the day. Will be interesting to hear a bit more.

Edited by Dan R

10 hours ago, MrZigster said:

You missed rather a lot of posters then - there were LOADS around.

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

or people could drop none .. and therefore be no need to employ and annoy these people at all 

Indeed. The during-festival litterpickers finish at 1200 on Monday, by which time all the stages are clear and clean. The post-festival crews are dealing with all the shit that people leave behind in the camping fields. If everyone took their stuff home on Monday like they're supposed to........