Worthy Farm is clean!

Sawdusty surfer

I finally left site last night. The whole place is looking incredibly clean. 500 litter pickers were laid off yesterday lunchtime. (Small protest happened outside Goose Hall as many were expecting many more days work)

I've never seen the place look so clean and tidy so quickly before. This time last year the farm was still absolutely minging.

Huge big up to all festival goers who clearly used the bins, tidied up their camping areas and left no trace. Looks like the message has finally got through!

This must have saved the festival a fortune and so will leave more money for charity.

Brilliant!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So glad this is all done - funny, I have a contact on Facebook who says she is still on site, still cleaning and it's all kicking off re: protests, lack of meals and workers rights. 

Have you spotted anything like this? The person I know is a contact, rather than someone I know well - but don't know any reason for her messages to not have weight.

Thanks for all your work xx

Well done to all the hard work carried out while us punters slowly regain our bearings in the outside world. Great to hear the site was generally tidier this year too - something I noticed whilst there. Great stuff. 

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Interesting. As in actually fewer bags of rubbish gathered in a shift? (you're a litter picker right, or have I got that mixed up?)

Just arriving to the Pyramid at 6 every day you can see it is just less messy than previous years, less big items left behind. We were always waiting for a post-Beyonce level of pick (the horror) but it just didnt happen. 

When we were sent around the site only the area around Love bullets was particularly bad. I think theres an obvious correlation between litter and how fked people are, the Pyramid just didn't attract it this year and we weren't sent on long walks to help other teams out that much either.

@pie_and_a_pint what did you think?

4 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

I finally left site last night. The whole place is looking incredibly clean. 500 litter pickers were laid off yesterday lunchtime. (Small protest happened outside Goose Hall as many were expecting many more days work)

I've never seen the place look so clean and tidy so quickly before. This time last year the farm was still absolutely minging.

Huge big up to all festival goers who clearly used the bins, tidied up their camping areas and left no trace. Looks like the message has finally got through!

This must have saved the festival a fortune and so will leave more money for charity.

Brilliant!

nice to meet you dude, my Swedish candles were mint !

2 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Interesting. As in actually fewer bags of rubbish gathered in a shift? (you're a litter picker right, or have I got that mixed up?)

I was a worthy warrior again this year and there was a noticeable difference I thought. I had to search out rubbish in our campsite for the first few days. 

3 hours ago, giantkatestacks said:

Just arriving to the Pyramid at 6 every day you can see it is just less messy than previous years, less big items left behind. We were always waiting for a post-Beyonce level of pick (the horror) but it just didnt happen. 

When we were sent around the site only the area around Love bullets was particularly bad. I think theres an obvious correlation between litter and how fked people are, the Pyramid just didn't attract it this year and we weren't sent on long walks to help other teams out that much either.

@pie_and_a_pint what did you think?

Love Bullets was a nightmare with those stupid nos canisters. I was in there on Friday night and you couldn't move without standing on them.