battleborn

Arctic Monkeys 2019

37 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

Funny you should say that, because all this Arctic Monkeys talk sent me back to their first three albums (i.e. the ones that came out when I was in my mid to late teens, and therefore actually paid attention to) and found that while the debut holds up well, FWN is musically brilliant but lyrically pretty horrible. Bitter, paranoid, mean-spirited and deeply, deeply suspect towards women.

A lot of it is about his ex girlfriend isn’t it?

If You Were There, Beware is probably my favourite off the album and I know that’s about the press hounding his ex.

6 hours ago, Winslow Leach said:

Funny you should say that, because all this Arctic Monkeys talk sent me back to their first three albums (i.e. the ones that came out when I was in my mid to late teens, and therefore actually paid attention to) and found that while the debut holds up well, FWN is musically brilliant but lyrically pretty horrible. Bitter, paranoid, mean-spirited and deeply, deeply suspect towards women.

Hmm - you've made me more conscious about this, I haven't listened to FWN in a long time so may have to reconsider this opinion and give it another spin. 

2 hours ago, reflekting said:

Hmm - you've made me more conscious about this, I haven't listened to FWN in a long time so may have to reconsider this opinion and give it another spin. 

One of the best albums of all time in my opinion. The run of three from Do Me A Favour to If You Were There Beware, is astounding.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

One of the best albums of all time in my opinion. The run of three from Do Me A Favour to If You Were There Beware, is astounding.

Nuclear take

15 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Stop sniffing glue pal.

Favourite Worst Nightmare literally has D is For Dangerous, Balaclava and The Bad Thing on it.

One of the best albums of all time yikes.

I do always say I'm not a fan of FWN, it does have some great songs on though. If You Were There, Beware, Do Me a Favour, Only Ones Who Know are fantastic.

14 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

I do always say I'm not a fan of FWN, it does have some great songs on though. If You Were There, Beware, Do Me a Favour, Only Ones Who Know are fantastic.

Yeah Do Me a Favour is top few Arctic Monkeys tunes for me and Only Ones Who Know is also great.

I don't know why, but Favourite Worst Nightmare's dated production really puts me off, it makes them sound so landfill indie.

1 hour ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Yeah Do Me a Favour is top few Arctic Monkeys tunes for me and Only Ones Who Know is also great.

Just realised I said Only Ones Who Know here when I meant to say If You Were There, Beware.

23 hours ago, Winslow Leach said:

I can’t say I’ve ever noticed any misogynistic lyrics in his writing, which songs in particular?

On 5/16/2018 at 11:02 AM, jj2001 said:

i hate this new album it sucks and isnt what this band were supposed to be

And who decides what they’re supposed to be? You?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 5/16/2018 at 10:02 AM, jj2001 said:

i hate this new album it sucks and isnt what this band were supposed to be

"what this band were supposed to be". Well, Alex Turner has a message for you, from 2006:

Everybody's got their box
Doing what they're told
You pushed my faith near being lost
But we'll stick to the guns
Don't care if it's marketing suicidal
Won't crack or compromise
Your derides or individes
Will never unhinge us

https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/arcticmonkeys/whothefuckarearcticmonkeys.html

Who else has entered the War Child RAH ballot? Just gauging how hard it will be to get a ticket that isn't in the gods. 

18 minutes ago, reflekting said:

Who else has entered the War Child RAH ballot? Just gauging how hard it will be to get a ticket that isn't in the gods. 

I have.

TBHC has grown and grown and grown on me. I'm a fan.

Golden Trunks has finally clicked and that's the final piece of the TBHC jigsaw for me.

It's an album that gives another side to the band, something different to the other 5. I'm loving it more and more.

• Like 1

I still don’t like golden trunks or she looks like fun but I love the rest of it

Well @battleborn believe it or not this has smashed the charts. 

Fastest selling vinyl of the last 25 years, by some distance too. 

Edited by the wonderwhy

1 hour ago, the wonderwhy said:

Hardly, the lead single is No 18. 

2 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

Why oh why did you try to engage with him?

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Why oh why did you try to engage with him?

Need something to do on a Friday night init 

Doesn't appear I've had any luck with the ballot :(

On the off chance anyone ends up with a spare please give me a shout!

58 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Doesn't appear I've had any luck with the ballot :(

On the off chance anyone ends up with a spare please give me a shout!

Have successful types been notified then? Not had anything through myself either.

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Have successful types been notified then? Not had anything through myself either.

Yep there are people on Twitter with tickets. My mate's also in the ballot and doesn't seem to be awake yet; I'm gonna be annoyed if he's got an email and we've missed out on standing tickets cos he wanted a lie in haha.