battleborn

Arctic Monkeys 2019

I'm obsessed with this album.

Glad that That's Where You're Wrong is getting on these lists, its criminal that it doesn't get played. I've only ever seen it once at Don Valley.

7 hours ago, Mattd1205 said:

I had that feeling with Secret Door recently. For some reason I thought it was Humbug filler but now I realise it's fantastic. Similar feeling for almost every track on TBHC in the last 3 days. I'm not sure I've ever experienced a grower to this extent. 

Secret Door is one of the greatest songs ever written. Along with Dance Little Liar. Lyrically they're astounding. 

Glad you've said that about TBHC. I love 2 or 3 off it after one listen, hoping it clicks with me soon. Not going to force it, mind.

Edited by Stokesy10

1 hour ago, EighteenSixty7 said:

Glad that That's Where You're Wrong is getting on these lists, its criminal that it doesn't get played. I've only ever seen it once at Don Valley.

Madness isn't it how they don't play it. Phenomenal tune.

1 hour ago, Stokesy10 said:

Secret Door is one of the greatest songs ever written.

So is Castle On The Hill by Ed Sheeran

3 hours ago, Mash011 said:

So is Castle On The Hill by Ed Sheeran

Prefer Fireflies by Owl City.

One of the true greats. 

Very good to see all the love and appreciation that SIAS is getting, I'm also in the "it's their best album" camp. My major disappointment is the lack of inclusion of those songs in their 2013 set, albeit that show was better than the AM love in they followed up with at Finsbury Park. 

I'm enjoying TBHC, I can see why it's divisive, but there is enough content in their to keep it interesting. It's certainly Alexs best writing since the Favourite Worst Nightmare. 

I have to say I’ve been listening to this album every day and it’s really growing on me.

Initally I was listening to it in an attempt to like it, I really wanted to like it but I didn’t, but I kept going anyway. 

Now I’m listening to it because I actually like it, it definitely rewards perseverance.

I think you need to listen to some of the tracks about 10 times to get the hang of them and enjoy them.

They've announced a gig at the Royal Albert Hall on June 7th for Warchild.

Tickets are through a ballot that costs £2 to enter (goes to Warchild).

9 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

They've announced a gig at the Royal Albert Hall on June 7th for Warchild.

Tickets are through a ballot that costs £2 to enter (goes to Warchild).

You have to buy tickets then if you get through in the ballot, don't know if anyone has seen the price? I don't wanna pay to enter a ballot for £80 tickets. But I guess that's about what it's gonna be.

35 minutes ago, Odessa said:

You have to buy tickets then if you get through in the ballot, don't know if anyone has seen the price? I don't wanna pay to enter a ballot for £80 tickets. But I guess that's about what it's gonna be.

Prices start from £45 apparently

Love 4 out of 5, She looks like fun is pretty good.... struggling with the rest..... I feel like i'm listening and thinking, ok, the next song will get out of 1st gear... but it never happens. Feels like an over indulgent solo album to me, all far too 1 paced and too contrived. 

If I had tickets to the new tour I would be thanking god they have such a good back catalogue of material or I would be bored senseless. 

2 minutes ago, sisco said:

Prices start from £45 apparently

Thanks!

Hmmm, in that case, has anyone been in the cheapest bit at the RAH before? Is it alright?

39 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Why not donate £2 then you have a choice - it all goes to charity anyway

1 minute ago, Odessa said:

Thanks!

Hmmm, in that case, has anyone been in the cheapest bit at the RAH before? Is it alright?

It's brilliant, been the RAH a few times and stood sat in most places, you're high up but it works really well. My second favourite place in London to watch a gig (Camden Roundhouse still #1).

18 hours ago, EighteenSixty7 said:

Agree with both points.

This album is dominating my life.

And 'That's Where You're Wrong' could be my fave track of theirs.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

It's brilliant, been the RAH a few times and stood sat in most places, you're high up but it works really well. My second favourite place in London to watch a gig (Camden Roundhouse still #1).

Nice one cheers! I'll chuck my name in the hat then.

21 hours ago, dentalplan said:

:wacko:

This video made me cringe. By far the weakest track on the album. 

Edited by lighthouse

4 hours ago, reflekting said:

It's certainly Alexs best writing since the Favourite Worst Nightmare. 

Funny you should say that, because all this Arctic Monkeys talk sent me back to their first three albums (i.e. the ones that came out when I was in my mid to late teens, and therefore actually paid attention to) and found that while the debut holds up well, FWN is musically brilliant but lyrically pretty horrible. Bitter, paranoid, mean-spirited and deeply, deeply suspect towards women.

• Downvote 1

30 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Thanks!

It’s really high and a steep rake. I avoid the circle and gallery if possible because I’m not great with heights!