Rate Your Festivals

FuzzyDunlop

Obviously they all get a 10, but if you put them in order of enjoyment.....

For me:

For the first 3 days this was possibly my favourite festival, but I peaked on the Friday night. I think I hit it a bit too hard and by Saturday night was struggling to come up. Saturday night headliners were a bit meh and I went to Fatboy Slim (would have gone to Sasha and Digweed if I knew it wasn't going to be crazy busy) Plus after Chic, nothing really appealed. I wasn't in the mood for Justice as I was physically exhausted. So I ended up at Shaggy.

I think if there had've been a good Sunday headliner I'd have bumped this one above 2016. Not sure if any will ever top 2011.

2 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Obviously they all get a 10, but if you put them in order of enjoyment.....

For me:

For the first 3 days this was possibly my favourite festival, but I peaked on the Friday night. I think I hit it a bit too hard and by Saturday night was struggling to come up. Saturday night headliners were a bit meh and I went to Fatboy Slim (would have gone to Sasha and Digweed if I knew it wasn't going to be crazy busy) Plus after Chic, nothing really appealed. I wasn't in the mood for Justice as I was physically exhausted. So I ended up at Shaggy.

I think if there had've been a good Sunday headliner I'd have bumped this one above 2016. Not sure if any will ever top 2011.

Funnily enough, top for me is 2010, bottom is 2011. 

2017, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2010, 2016, 2013

top 3 primarily due to the great groups of mates I was with. Weather being decent in 2017 and 2014 helped

brexit and mud took the edge off 2016. 2010 was too hot. 2013 would have been brilliant but gf at the time having a couple of days being very ill

2017 undoubted best though- good mates, good weather, some great sets and we've really learned where to find the smaller Glastonbury staple acts

I've had an unbelieavble time at all 4 i've been to although if I attempted to put them in order it would be, 

2014, 2011, 2017, 2015

I will say this year i saw more of glastonbury probs helped by the weather and being slightly less inebriated than previous years.

On another day it could be different. 

Edited by Tyonks

Its impossible for me to seperate 2013, 2015 and 2016. 2011 is definitely bottom of the list. Where weather might have been better one year, the lineup kind of makes up for it. Had a great time at all of them, but didn't see enough music in 2011, wasted a lot of time drinking around the tent.

Edited by Alan_C

12 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

Its impossible for me to seperate 2013, 2015 and 2016. 2011 is definitely bottom of the list. Where weather might have been better one year, the lineup kind of makes up for it. Had a great time at all of them, but didn't see enough music in 2011, wasted a lot of time drinking around the tent.

I saw the least amount this year - which bumps it down for me too.

2010 - Very similar to 2017 but only top because two more of my best friends also attended that year.

2017 - Near perfection, so very happy with how this year went.

2009 - First Glasto, totally overwhelmed, loved it though, ending the weekend with Blur right at the front was just brilliant fun.

2013 - Rolling Stones - Enough Said.

2014 - Solid year. Can't remember much else.

2011 - Poorly chosen camp, rain, ill all weekend, mates having a bad time on drugs, Chase and Status and the Chems saved it.

2015 - Had real Anxiety problems after Kanye that meant I saw no music in person on the Sunday, a low point.

All time:

1- Reading 2005 - The craziest antics I've ever got up to and probably will never repeat anything like it.

2 - Glasto 2010 - Most of my best friends in attendance, damn hot, Stevie Wonder, was a perfect Glasto.

3 - Glasto 2017 - Honestly still buzzing about how great this year was, almost perfection.

4 - Big Chill 2011 - After a disappointing Glasto in the mud with a poor camp, this well and truly made up for it weeks later.

5 - Reading 2008 - RATM and Metallica and everything else a bonus, great festival in my home town.

2003- my first and favourite- weather, lineup, everything was superb!

2010- the best weather of all and another fantastic year for the lineup

2009- due to life events outside the festival I was in a Foul mood throughout!

2004- not a nice atmosphere, not a great lineup and not great weather

2011- arrived there late Thursday and didn't particularly enjoy much while there

Edited by Mr.Tease

2014 - I don't know what it was, I just loved it the most!
2007 - my first :wub:
2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2016, 2017 - all on par really
2013 - bad hangover and a lot of messing about, no fault of the festival!

Edited by verrymerry