The XX

The Red Telephone

Sorry if there's another thread on these, but can't find it!

Thought they absolutely smashed it, one of my favourite sets of the weekend. First few songs were a bit OTT bass-wise, but after that sublime. They way they built it up to RaveCentral at the end was genius. You could see how much it meant to them all.

Just watching it back now and I forgot Jamie dropped a bit of "Belfast" by Orbital before "On Hold".

Edited by The Red Telephone

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They nailed it.  I was a bit worried about them in that spot as the Pyramid crowds can be terrible for just hanging around for acts perceived to be cool and then talking all the way through them.  Not the case at all though, most of the crowd where I was were really into it.  They definitely showed they have what it takes to headline festivals next time around.

10 minutes ago, rpfranks said:

I thought it would be a bit boring but boy was I wrong...one of the highlights of the festival for me, our group loved it. XX into Radiohead was stuff of dreams.

With Kate Tempest beforehand, I think that might have been the best run of acts I've ever witnessed in 13 festivals!  Surely a future headliner, whenever their album schedule next aligns?  Especially if the next album is as good as the current one.

Been saying they should headline for a while now but the thought of it being a bit further down the line once they are more confident playing bigger shows is really exciting. Imagine a 2+ hour set where the first hour and 15 is XX stuff, it builds up to a Jamie XX 20-30 minute rave then back to XX euphoric tracks at the end. They get the setlist right on that occasion and it will go down as historic.... *goosebumps thinking about it and goes off to compile what that list may look like if done today...*

Have to echo what's been said above. I was really looking forward to seeing them for the 1st time and they certainly didn't disappoint! I absolutely loved it and will probably watch it back tonight with a few beers :)

Loved every second. The minute it finished I wanted to watch it all over again. One of the best festival performances I've ever seen. Even paid £30(!!) for an xx tshirt afterwards whilst riding on the high 

Edited by fionajm777