Between the Acts

SFTAR

Hello, I will be at Reading this year for the first time. Right now I am making plans. I do want to be at the front row for a certain Artist and so I will have to camp out in front of the stage. Now someone told me that at some Festivals, people (at least in the front) sit down between the acts. I was wondering if that also is the case with the main stage at Reading. Thanks in advance

On 30/06/2017 at 8:15 AM, SFTAR said:

Hello, I will be at Reading this year for the first time. Right now I am making plans. I do want to be at the front row for a certain Artist and so I will have to camp out in front of the stage. Now someone told me that at some Festivals, people (at least in the front) sit down between the acts. I was wondering if that also is the case with the main stage at Reading. Thanks in advance

Personally, camping out at the front isn't worth it. You can turn up the act before and get really close to the front but camping out the whole day never really works (you need the loo, food etc).

However, if you do decide to camp it out, I have never personally seen the people who are right at the front sit down. Lots of people in the crowd move back away from the stage and sit down but there is always a group of people who stay standing around the stage

no point in being at the front you can see the artists from pretty far back, but also one of the best bits about listening to live music at a festival is the crowd and the atmosphere all around you, something you do not feel at the front.

Also don't miss everything you could see by camping at the front, and you cant sit down at the front, you will annoy all the people around you plus there is a high chance of being stood on

• 1 month later...