Who should reform?

maelzoid

Who should reform?  

292 members have voted

1. 1. Which band would you most like to see reform and play at Glastonbury in 2019?

• Abba
    • Pink Floyd
    • Led Zeppelin
    • The Smiths
    • Oasis
    • Talking Heads
    • Sex Pistols
    • White Stripes
    • The Jam
    • R.E.M.
    • Swedish House Mafia
    • other (and let us know who)

I am an Abba fan and I don't want them to ever reform. Let the memory remain as it is. I think they are smart enough to know that themselves.

I want Bellowhead to reform - just not yet. In about five or six year's time.

1 hour ago, Quark said:

I was wondering how you'd cope without being able to vote for Pearl Jam old son ;)

They haven't split up old son.. Still going strong.. New album in the pipeline very possibly a tour next year.. No worries here apart from the fact that if they are touring next year they can't gig Glastonbury next year then they will probably not tour 2019 so probably won't gig then SO WHEN will I get to see them at Glastonbury.. 

1 hour ago, guypjfreak said:

They haven't split up old son.. Still going strong.. New album in the pipeline very possibly a tour next year.. No worries here apart from the fact that if they are touring next year they can't gig Glastonbury next year then they will probably not tour 2019 so probably won't gig then SO WHEN will I get to see them at Glastonbury.. 

No new album coming old son ! And if Ive told you once Ive told you thrice, they ain't ever playing the farm ! 

Oh and no Euro tour next year either. No chance. :(

Love to see The Smiths but never ever happening. Same with the jam, but with his 8th kid on the way and latest record being sub-par Weller might grab the cash. Abba would be a laugh but no doubt I'd find something else to watch!  Floyd or Zep forget about, and judging by LGs tweets lately I doubt Noel will ever speak to him again. Doesn't matter, after seeing LG at Glasto and Beni he's got new bangers and old hits so fook oasis. 

10 hours ago, Bonaneas said:

No new album coming old son ! And if Ive told you once Ive told you thrice, they ain't ever playing the farm ! 

Oh and no Euro tour next year either. No chance. :(

I refuse to be down hearted I'm gonna phone Mr E and demand pearl jam play..... I'll even tell you'll pay old son lol 

Another vote for REM here. 

As for Abba, when my son was a baby we were offered a lift to visit my parents at xmas by friends, who unfortunately insisted on (1) Driving the back roads all the way there at no more than 30 miles per hour, making the 2 hour journey into a 4 1/2 hour journey and (2) playing Abba gold on repeat on the cassette deck the whole journey.  After that I never wanted to hear Abba again in my life.  I'd also mention that one of them always smelled a bit like off milk, so I was stuck in a very small car with a newborn, the smell of off milk and the soundtrack of Abba on a seemingly never ending loop.  The intro to super trooper still makes my skin crawl a quarter of a century later.

Thankfully my dad gave us a lift back.

On ‎19‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 10:30 PM, Watergirl said:

I am an Abba fan and I don't want them to ever reform. Let the memory remain as it is. I think they are smart enough to know that themselves.

I want Bellowhead to reform - just not yet. In about five or six year's time.

Yes, definitely. Fairly soon - long enough that the 'comeback tour' feels like it's worth it but not so long that Jon Boden loses his looks ;)

• Upvote 1

On 7/19/2017 at 7:59 PM, Gnomicide said:

From the list, I've gone for one of the few bands I really regret never having seen.

Yes, they'd be shit.

Yes, they've already reformed once for a money grabbing tour that I didn't go to.

But man alive, I'd live to see the Pistols.

Saw them in 08 or 09 I think. They were great. Steve Jones guitar sound (and stance) live is a thing of beauty. Would love to see them again. 

I'd probably prefer to see PiL with Wobble back in the band though. 

Edited by The Nal

53 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Saw them in 08 or 09 I think. They were great. Steve Jones guitar sound (and stance) live is a thing of beauty. Would love to see them again. 

I'd probably prefer to see PiL with Wobble back in the band though. 

Yeah, had the chance to go then and didn't. Kicking myself that I didn't. Finsbury Park (?) looked goid on the telly.

15 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Brixton? This one?

No, I tried and failed to get tickets for Brixton, they also did Finsbury and I just didn't think that would be any good. Might not have been that one that was televised though.

Was it the Brixton one were the crowd looking like beans on toast from the balcony quote comes from?

17 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I'd like Kanye West and Kanye West's sanity to reform.

We could seriously do Radiohead thread like top ten lists of people who we wish to meet sanity.

Although I did try then deleted it cos got to four and couldn't be fucked anymore.. bit depressing