Who should reform?

maelzoid

Who should reform?  

292 members have voted

1. 1. Which band would you most like to see reform and play at Glastonbury in 2019?

• Abba
    • Pink Floyd
    • Led Zeppelin
    • The Smiths
    • Oasis
    • Talking Heads
    • Sex Pistols
    • White Stripes
    • The Jam
    • R.E.M.
    • Swedish House Mafia
    • other (and let us know who)

35 minutes ago, battleborn said:

Why? Why? Why?

Elton John, Stevie Wonder, Kylie Minogue, Madonna and ABBA etc are still alive and you want to put Adam and the Ants on?

On a slide sideways shift, are Bon Jovi and Bryan Adams dated enough to qualify for the legends spot?

For the legends slot. He was massive once and is wrongly overlooked.

The list you mentioned next are (bar one) not split up/retired as far as I know and all are still (probably) big enough to headline.

I'll agree with Bryan Adams for legend slot (or even higher). A truly great songwriter. A master of the pop tune. A great guitar composer. Reckless was hardly off my turntable the year it came out.

But if he does that Robin Hood tune he can do one.

From the ones not mentioned in that poll, Pulp or N.W.A. I think Pulp re-reuniting is almost certain. If The Libertines and Stone Roses could do two reunions with all the sheer animosity between members of those bands, then I don't see why Pulp wouldn't

Ice Cube has said that he's ready for an N.W.A. reunion, but Dr. Dre being something of a recluse has hindered it. You'd have thought something would have happened with the film the other year, but maybe that ship has sailed.

Pavement would be cool as well.

Out of the ones on that poll, The Smiths, R.E.M. or The Jam would be brilliant.

As I missed them headlining last time, I'd like to see The Verve reunite. I also thought Forth was a bloody great album so there's plenty of decent material since they last played. Luckily I did have the chance to see them at V. But there's no better place to see a band than the pyramid headliner. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 29/06/2017 at 5:12 PM, The Red Telephone said:

I attended their "Last Ever Show" at Brixton Academy in 2007. Think they've had a least 7 "Last Ever Shows" since then mind...

They've stopped now. I went to the last one (almost 3 years ago).

From the list, I've gone for one of the few bands I really regret never having seen.

Yes, they'd be shit.

Yes, they've already reformed once for a money grabbing tour that I didn't go to.

But man alive, I'd live to see the Pistols.

On 29/06/2017 at 6:41 PM, Chinaski_ said:

Well I'd rather hear the earlier stuff - i.e. before Green. 

I was going to shout you down for the post-AFTP embargo, but their IRS years material is amazing. I had the best of on cassette, listened the shit out of it. Beautiful stuff.

On 29/06/2017 at 4:25 PM, Fingerbobs said:

Snap. Beat me to it. 

I dunno, once they'd played The Power and Rhythm Is A Dancer I think it'd go a bit quiet.

On 29/06/2017 at 4:28 PM, pie_and_a_pint said:

Imagine the singalong to Olympian!

Fighting Fit was better ;)

Just realised I'd been a smartass but completely ignored the question. Having seen REM once, as much as I'd love to see them at Glastonbury I'd have to go for The Jam.

Edited by Quark