What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

Jne___

Stressed about getting the time off work if that counts.

Our leave isn't out yet and normally June is a safe month with most people wanting leave later in the year for school holidays etc but overheard someone mention it to my boss that she needs most of June off for a wedding. Then another person say "oh yes I need a week off in June as well". They better not all be getting pencilled-in in advance :mellow:

Just bought a second hand ex Army tent.  It's big (8m x 6m) but there will be ~12 friends staying in it (so takes up less space than 6 separate tents). Its blacked out so you can get some kip in the morning.  Will need to get one of those trollies above to wheel it in!  Since there won't be any mud next year that will be fine.

tent.jpg

10 minutes ago, timbrass said:

Just bought a second hand ex Army tent.  It's big (8m x 6m) but there will be ~12 friends staying in it (so takes up less space than 6 separate tents). Its blacked out so you can get some kip in the morning.  Will need to get one of those trollies above to wheel it in!  Since there won't be any mud next year that will be fine.

tent.jpg

Looks like another stage.

45 minutes ago, timbrass said:

tent.jpg

looks great ... dont think I've ever found a pitch that large :) guess you are going to be in the queue nice and early to get one ?

1 hour ago, timbrass said:

Just bought a second hand ex Army tent.  It's big (8m x 6m) but there will be ~12 friends staying in it (so takes up less space than 6 separate tents). Its blacked out so you can get some kip in the morning.  Will need to get one of those trollies above to wheel it in! 

How much does that weigh?

2 hours ago, timbrass said:

tent.jpg

That's an early queue job or by the gates pitch! I thought my 9 man was big last year...! ?

I had the annual leave discussion with the boss, I'm allowed the Monday off, but I have to work the Tuesday, that's the earliest I'll ever have had to go back to work, although we have a agreed I can work from home on the Tuesday. I'm hoping it wont be too brutal as my recovery time has shortened by a day each year roughly. 2014 took about a week recovery, 2015 was about four days, same with 2016 and last year after three days I was mostly fine.

8 hours ago, timbrass said:

tent.jpg

I’ve been in stages smaller than that! Where on Earth are you going to pitch it?!

55 minutes ago, duke88 said:

I’ve been in stages smaller than that! Where on Earth are you going to pitch it?!

Well I hope to be in early.  Worst case is Back House or Rig's Field which from Glastomap (taken Fri or later since Pyramid had a crowd) still had space to put a big tent even when everything else was full.

10 minutes ago, timbrass said:

Well I hope to be in early.  Worst case is Back House or Rig's Field which from Glastomap (taken Fri or later since Pyramid had a crowd) still had space to put a big tent even when everything else was full.

Just remember its Glastonbury. Best laid plans can turn to shit in a deluge of heavens*. 

*there will be no deluge

10 hours ago, timbrass said:

tent.jpg

F*U*C*K M*E!

Wasn’t M*A*S*H filmed in that?