What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

Jne___

Wife and I did 14 mile, 17 pubs, 10.5hr charity walk in the countryside to wear new boots in Saturday.

Picked caravan up, not been used for a year since we had a baby. Everything still working on gas, fridge/shower, fixed indicator.

Bought a new pop up baby cot after he out grew his last.

Friend received out tickets...it’s happening!

?

6 hours ago, Deneva48 said:

No Plastic bottles is a real pain, I don't really see it making any difference for 3 to 4 days, that's just my opinion. I have bought a couple of lightweight alloy bottles from local cycle shop, just to put squash in . Its also a pain they are no longer selling bottled water on site, I used t drink lots of the cold Glastonbury water from there stalls, I will miss that, ok there are the bars, but there's only so much alcohol you can drink never mind afford. 

Where does it say you can't bring in plastic bottles?

Kids got me a 'loud' short sleeved shirt that clashes big style with my sesh hat...so all good.

Currently sat here at work on my last nightshift until well after the festival. My son is just back from uni too so feeling pretty good about life right now.

3 minutes ago, Wurzelcat said:

It doesn't. No traders can sell them (intrigued to see stock in the on-site co-op) but nothing stopping you taking your own plastic bottles with you.

This was alway my understanding...thanks.

6 hours ago, Deneva48 said:

No Plastic bottles is a real pain, I don't really see it making any difference for 3 to 4 days, that's just my opinion. I have bought a couple of lightweight alloy bottles from local cycle shop, just to put squash in . Its also a pain they are no longer selling bottled water on site, I used t drink lots of the cold Glastonbury water from there stalls, I will miss that, ok there are the bars, but there's only so much alcohol you can drink never mind afford. 

Oh come on, that’s a terrible lazy attitude to have towards anything. Yes of course In the context of all the single use plastic produced in the world one festival banning it will of course not make a difference in isolation.

Surely you know that’s not the point though is it? There are close to 8 billion people in the world, extrapolate your attitude across every human being and we’re all well and truly fucked. If Glastonbury banning single use plastic helps to to change the habits and attitude of a few people, extrapolate that across the world and it will make seismic difference.

Human beings having the attitude that whatever they do won’t make a difference is why there are so many issues in the world.

Perhaps if you don’t just think about yourself and the inconvenience it causes you individually, but get behind it and understand why it’s being done the the world will be a far better place.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Deneva48 said:

I won’t drink the water from stand pipes, it’s not very hygienic with people washing under it, washing hair, cleaning muddy wellingtons, plus it’s got a chlorine taste to it. I will go with the cans, and have heard Glastonbury Spring water may be available to buy from certain areas. Otherwise a few cans will be fine. 

WTF!   People washing under it, cleaning wellies etc does not affect the quality of the water coming out of the taps!

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

WTF!   People washing under it, cleaning wellies etc does not affect the quality of the water coming out of the taps!

Obviously when you turn the tap off all of the dirty water is sucked back up into the tap. Just unsanitary. 

• Upvote 1

Did Download... that was a prep if ever there was one for mud. On the boots v. wellies debate: if you can, take both, your feet will love the change. Just 3 days walking in mud for 10+ hrs/day and no matter how comfy your footwear is, something will rub since it's a push&pull thing in mud.

9 hours ago, Deneva48 said:

I won’t drink the water from stand pipes, it’s not very hygienic with people washing under it, washing hair, cleaning muddy wellingtons, plus it’s got a chlorine taste to it. I will go with the cans, and have heard Glastonbury Spring water may be available to buy from certain areas. Otherwise a few cans will be fine. 

I presume you don't drink water out of your kitchen tap then, what with all that dirty washing up and people cleaning their hands that goes on underneath it.

21 minutes ago, Deneva48 said:

Afraid I’m old school when it comes to all this green / recycling. To old to change now. Don’t get me wrong, I think things need to change in someways, I recycle at home and that’s it. Only reason I’ve ever gone to Glastonbury is for the fantastic atmosphere and music. I’m 70 now and not likely to change my ways  or lifestyle for anyone. 

Great attitude, the earth is dying but it's not like it's a problem your generation created and wont have to live with. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Not going to allow any buzz kills. Seven days from now, at this time, I will be sat on a train heading to the West Country with a beer, a Simon Armitage book and a giddy sense of anticipation.

Back on message.  I spent an hour in the pub shed yesterday starting the pack. Can’t believe how much room I have for stuff.  Have been really careful to cut out unnecessary shite.  The 2 litres of Aldi Courvoisier is the only thing to significantly change the picture waiting to be loaded into true rucksack.

we normally take a tear drop caravan and a bell tent to festivals. This travelling light is very liberating

8 hours ago, MetaKate said:

Obviously when you turn the tap off all of the dirty water is sucked back up into the tap. Just unsanitary. 

Do taps have some type of siphon effect which has been hitherto hidden from me?

34 minutes ago, Deneva48 said:

Afraid I’m old school when it comes to all this green / recycling. To old to change now. Don’t get me wrong, I think things need to change in someways, I recycle at home and that’s it. Only reason I’ve ever gone to Glastonbury is for the fantastic atmosphere and music. I’m 70 now and not likely to change my ways  or lifestyle for anyone. 

Are you trolling?  Posting on a site filled with festival lovers that you aren't interested in one of the festival's key green initiatives when your reasoning seems spurious at best.

Edited by clarkete

35 minutes ago, Deneva48 said:

Still managed to change your ways from using pigeons to send messages to posting on an internet forum though didn't you? Never too late to change, we can all do our bit especially at the greatest festival in the world!

7 minutes ago, Youtopia said:

Still managed to change your ways from using pigeons to send messages to posting on an internet forum though didn't you? Never too late to change, we can all do our bit especially at the greatest festival in the world!

Worse. Analogy. Ever. 

24 minutes ago, Deneva48 said:

To old to change our views, our lifestyle is not wasteful, we’re both careful. It’s no good blaming our past mistakes, you need to look at the the way the next generation lives today, some of those need educating on there lifestyle. It’s not the place to argue this on here, so I’m leaving it. I’m to old to be lectured to. END OFF. 

Are you too old to learn your basic homophones too?

• Upvote 1