Jne___

What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

11 minutes ago, EMorgz92 said:

Bought some bungee cords and first lot of booze from Aldi- some tins of peach and mango cider and rhubarb and ginger cider and a bottle of coconut and vanilla "rum liquer" which is 20% vol and really tasty. Reckon I can just drink this neat to top myself up!

Also started the Glasto Pile in the spare room! Rucksack, day bag and bum bag, waterproof, sleeping bag and roll mat!

How much was the rum thing? Might give that a blast. Sounds like something that would have to be neat!

6 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Apologies that was meant to be said In a not serious way but can see how it can be taken the other ... absolutely agree with you . Crumbs my memory is shocking so apologies for that too

No worries. It just got my hackles up. I always hated sewing so it's not something I want to do in my spare time. There are many avenues for creativity and delighted you have found yours. It's doesn't negate the possibility of being individual if you buy off the rack. It's all in how you rock it.

Seeyou at the meet for a drink. We're almost family eh? Same surname and all. 😉

• Upvote 1

Today I’ve driven up and down part of the A303 about 4 times. 

That counts right?

I'm pretty well supplied for this year's festival (bar the booze run in a couple of weeks) - but I did go wild and pick up a couple of reusable water bottles today. 

I miss the joy of buying a new tent. 

1 hour ago, vintagelaureate said:

How much was the rum thing? Might give that a blast. Sounds like something that would have to be neat!

Tenner for 50cl! So not mega cheap but tasty!

29 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

No worries. It just got my hackles up. I always hated sewing so it's not something I want to do in my spare time. There are many avenues for creativity and delighted you have found yours. It's doesn't negate the possibility of being individual if you buy off the rack. It's all in how you rock it.

Seeyou at the meet for a drink. We're almost family eh? Same surname and all. 😉

of course it doesn't .... plenty better at rocking an over 40s look than me :) ... can't say the sewing is great fun ... in fact its the worst bit ..... see you at the meet :) 

Just now, EMorgz92 said:

Tenner for 50cl! So not mega cheap but tasty!

I've literally just pulled up outside an Aldi (coincidentally) so I might just check it out! Thanks.

IMG_20190525_174049983_HDR.jpg

1 hour ago, vintagelaureate said:

I've literally just pulled up outside an Aldi (coincidentally) so I might just check it out! Thanks.

IMG_20190525_174049983_HDR.jpg

coincidentally :) 

Started a detox! I’ve been drinking way too much recently and I want to have a much healthier three weeks before leaving for England. A period off the booze will help me feel much better about myself and put me in a good place to enjoy the festival. 

• Like 1

I’m starting the packing today , next weekend I, busy and then that’s it, leaving for Glasto 

music is on and I am totally giddy today 🌈🤩🌈🤩🌈

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

I’m starting the packing today , next weekend I, busy and then that’s it, leaving for Glasto 

music is on and I am totally giddy today 🌈🤩🌈🤩🌈

I’m also really giddy!! The “one month to go” posts on Instagram haven’t helped. I’ve told myself that I’m not allowed to start packing until June. Hurry up June!!! 

I’ve been wanting to do another test tent pitch but this time sort all the guide ropes so they are right sized to speed up the pitch. 

For the past few weekend when it comes to the time that I want to do it, it has been raining, including today. 

17 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

I’ve been wanting to do another test tent pitch but this time sort all the guide ropes so they are right sized to speed up the pitch. 

For the past few weekend when it comes to the time that I want to do it, it has been raining, including today. 

Ditto! I've got a week for now (the last before Glastonbury) so I need a days good weather!

Bought cheap pop up tent, sleeping bag, torch. Never take my decent gear there, As long as it lasts the three days It will do fine. Best bit is I won’t have to pitch it this year, few friends are going on Tuesday night, so there taking my tent with them, I’m not going till Friday morning, as it’s only a 20/25 min drive I’ll be there at 9am. 3 days is enough for me these days.

• Downvote 1

Went to Asda today and saw they’re selling self inflating mattresses which would certainly be easier to carry there and back than an air bed but they don’t look particularly thick/comfortable.

Anyone used one before?

36 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Went to Asda today and saw they’re selling self inflating mattresses which would certainly be easier to carry there and back than an air bed but they don’t look particularly thick/comfortable.

Anyone used one before?

will have a look in the morning and see what I think ... but if its the same quality as the tents they sell I wouldn't bother 

57 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Anyone used one before?

I don’t know about the asda ones but I bought this from amazon last year and slept 4 nights on it. It’s as comfortable as an air bed and you don’t get that layer of cold air either. That and it packs up really small too https://www.amazon.co.uk/SGODDE-Inflating-Inflatable-Waterproof-Comfortable/dp/B079FZTC93

3 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Ditto! I've got a week for now (the last before Glastonbury) so I need a days good weather!

I’m ok for another couple of weeks, we have already had it up to make sure everything is fine, but I want to be doubly sure. 

We have just had our tent up. Tell you what putting a tent up together is a true test of a relationship :lol:

My door has a zip down both sides and one was broken. We’ve managed to fix it and it’s shut but might operate a strict “Do not use that side of the door” rule as there is no way I’ll be able to do that drunk!

6 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Tell you what putting a tent up together is a true test of a relationship :lol:

You should try a fucking great awning.....20 mins of fabulous fun, oh how we laugh afterwards....🙄🤬

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Kizzie said:

You should try a fucking great awning.....20 mins of fabulous fun, oh how we laugh afterwards....🙄🤬

My personal relationship favourite is unknowingly driving the wrong way into a McDonald's drive through in the van (no signs) , finding out they don't even stock what your wife wanted, discovering an overhang prevents you driving forward, reversing into a bush that cracks the bumper, and eventually getting out before going round the corner to shout at the van worse than Basil Fawlty with his mini. I'm now familiar with fibre glass and filler.

• Upvote 1

I know I should do a tents test since they have both been packed away since the epic 2016 ( 2017 it was just me and I took a smaller tent to fit the space my friends kept for me as I arrived later on Thursday). I know I should pitch both up to check and to do a bit of waterproofing but I am not sure I can be bothered 😕

motivate me!