What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

Jne___

We have just had our tent up. Tell you what putting a tent up together is a true test of a relationship :lol:

My door has a zip down both sides and one was broken. We’ve managed to fix it and it’s shut but might operate a strict “Do not use that side of the door” rule as there is no way I’ll be able to do that drunk!

6 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Tell you what putting a tent up together is a true test of a relationship :lol:

You should try a fucking great awning.....20 mins of fabulous fun, oh how we laugh afterwards....??

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Kizzie said:

You should try a fucking great awning.....20 mins of fabulous fun, oh how we laugh afterwards....??

My personal relationship favourite is unknowingly driving the wrong way into a McDonald's drive through in the van (no signs) , finding out they don't even stock what your wife wanted, discovering an overhang prevents you driving forward, reversing into a bush that cracks the bumper, and eventually getting out before going round the corner to shout at the van worse than Basil Fawlty with his mini. I'm now familiar with fibre glass and filler.

• Upvote 1

I know I should do a tents test since they have both been packed away since the epic 2016 ( 2017 it was just me and I took a smaller tent to fit the space my friends kept for me as I arrived later on Thursday). I know I should pitch both up to check and to do a bit of waterproofing but I am not sure I can be bothered ?

motivate me! 

29 minutes ago, sedra said:

I know I should do a tents test since they have both been packed away since the epic 2016 ( 2017 it was just me and I took a smaller tent to fit the space my friends kept for me as I arrived later on Thursday). I know I should pitch both up to check and to do a bit of waterproofing but I am not sure I can be bothered ?

motivate me! 

Well I can’t speak for everyone but putting mine up just filled me with excitement that the next time I do it will be on the farm!

Get some music on, have a drink and set the tent(s) up. Maybe listen to a Glastonbury playlist.

30 minutes ago, the beadle said:

Pour it straight into the longdrop, cut out the middle man. ?

Where would the fun in that be? This is the finest ale know to man, woman or child! 5.5% of heaven ?

22 hours ago, gratefulbread said:

Final booze run complete. Oh and picked up a double sleeping bag for £16 in Tesco (£8 off). 

IMG_20190526_140909.jpg

Oh eeekkk., have you tried that Espresso Martini ? Please try it before you go if you haven't already , I've just chucked a load of cans from 2 years ago - just couldn;t stand it :-( - maybe because I drink very rarely, but even the hardened drinkers in the gang didn;t like it :-(

4 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Oh nooooo @Dave_c!!! Are you in a lot of pain?? What’s the recovery time? 

Not as much as I thought I would be. Healing time 6-8 weeks, have doctor's tomorrow as may need a plate in it. Still going to Glastonbury, just a bit bummed that I'll likely not have use of my right arm.

3 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

Not as much as I thought I would be. Healing time 6-8 weeks, have doctor's tomorrow as may need a plate in it. Still going to Glastonbury, just a bit bummed that I'll likely not have use of my right arm.

Ohhh ouch! Thank goodness you’ll still be able to go though. That would be my first worry. Fingers crossed for you that it heals quicker than expected.

2 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Ohhh ouch! Thank goodness you’ll still be able to go though. That would be my first worry. Fingers crossed for you that it heals quicker than expected.

Thanks, fingers crossed! Wouldn't miss it for anything.

19 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

I broke my collarbone last night mountain biking, so I'm all set ☹️

IMG_20190527_001628.jpg

I broke mine in the April before 2015 and managed it ok. Ended up with a plate though ☹️

90D6D8D0-6813-4B4A-BCC4-AECCD6204E1F.jpeg

Edited by Skelts
Added phote

47 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

I broke my collarbone last night mountain biking, so I'm all set ☹️

IMG_20190527_001628.jpg

Aww man. Just wincing think of that. The logistics of getting your kit onto site with no use of your right arm.

Who shoulders the blame for the injury tho.....

Sorry could resist

7 minutes ago, Stocksey said:

Aww man. Just wincing think of that. The logistics of getting your kit onto site with no use of your right arm.

Who shoulders the blame for the injury tho.....

Sorry could resist

Haha no worries, blame lies with me for hurtling down a hill too fast. Luckily I am going with my girlfriend, her sister and my mate, so between them they should be able to manage. I can just sit back and drink beer supervising their tent erecting ?

2 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Oh eeekkk., have you tried that Espresso Martini ? Please try it before you go if you haven't already , I've just chucked a load of cans from 2 years ago - just couldn;t stand it ? - maybe because I drink very rarely, but even the hardened drinkers in the gang didn;t like it ?

Haven't tried it yet but thanks for the heads up. There were only 4 left on the shelf so I thought I best grab em in case they run out.