Jump to content
Jne___

What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, sedra said:

Yeah fashion mac’s tend not to be waterproof either! 

Yeah I had a really fun giraffe print poncho - leaked like a sieve!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Krazypinkminx said:

Well I ordered one from Topshop but it looks like it's a pile of crap so sending it back :( I do have a Mac but this looked cool. But it's not lol

Bummer 😩 xx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ive been doing an inventory of my lights to see what ive got for outfits for next year and realise I dont need anymore bloody lights :) ... Ive also taken the pyramid stage down ... so I can recycle the screens for a better pyramid stage next year 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SecretFish said:

so far I've written a 'kit to buy; list. 

ive just scanned google maps for my route to pilton.. 

 

 

I may be jumping the gun

nothing wrong with being prepared ... ive been slowly preparing since arriving home from the last one 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SecretFish said:

so far I've written a 'kit to buy; list. 

ive just scanned google maps for my route to pilton.. 

 

 

I may be jumping the gun

I've checked the maps and the train timetables already too!  I've also found myself going through in my head what shoes and clothes to take!  Like you, I think I may be a little in front of myself!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SecretFish said:

i'm worried i'll have nothing left to research at this rate!

if all else fails ...I will get you making fancy dress 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SecretFish said:

i'm worried i'll have nothing left to research at this rate!

But there will be the ever expanding playlist to research!

Oh I've also been looking again at different camping areas, pros and cons etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

But there will be the ever expanding playlist to research!

Oh I've also been looking again at different camping areas, pros and cons etc.

sounds like a good use of time. I wonder if my boss realised I watched a 20 minute youtube video of entering the campervan campsite - whilst at my desk? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

if all else fails ...I will get you making fancy dress 

I think I would need to find some talent before starting that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing as I didn't get tickets this year, bought EOTR tickets instead 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tyonks said:

Seeing as I didn't get tickets this year, bought EOTR tickets instead 😎

I've only heard great things about EOTR.  Might be tempted to try to squeeze it in one year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lost the bag for my tent at a festival this summer while out of it. Right pain in the arse and it doesn't seem like it can get a replacement so I've been doing research on new tents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Lost the bag for my tent at a festival this summer while out of it. Right pain in the arse and it doesn't seem like it can get a replacement so I've been doing research on new tents.

Wow having to buy a new tent just for a new bag?  Can you find the same one on ebay second hand cheaply? Or just buy a sports bag or something the right size to put it in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

I've only heard great things about EOTR.  Might be tempted to try to squeeze it in one year.

Yea 2019 will be my first year. As you say though, have only heard good things! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tyonks said:

Yea 2019 will be my first year. As you say though, have only heard good things! 

My son absolutely loves it - he liked the Park area of Glasto so I assume it's similar to that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Beerqueen said:

My son absolutely loves it - he liked the Park area of Glasto so I assume it's similar to that.

If it has similarities to the Park area I'll be a very happy man. Possibly my favourite area of Glastonbury. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tyonks said:

If it has similarities to the Park area I'll be a very happy man. Possibly my favourite area of Glastonbury. 

Well as I said, that was my son's favourite area of Glastonbury and he said that he would be happy to pay for that as a separate festival.  He found Glasto too much for him so goes for EOTR instead so I think you may be very happy!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Wow having to buy a new tent just for a new bag?  Can you find the same one on ebay second hand cheaply? Or just buy a sports bag or something the right size to put it in?

I second this... surely other bags exist. 

 

I walked 10km today while celebrating Canadas legalalization... felt like the only way a person could really "train" to do glasto

Edited by MetaKate
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can get tent bags, possibly not for a pop up. Vango, Eurohike and a company called Tent Spares, all are available on that big internet store but are probably available elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve been looking for some decent boots, my old pair failed me last time when the sole came off and I ended up with a very hurty ankle, thinking that Dr Martens might be a good choice as proper walking boots would be a waste as I would only use them for Glastonbury.  

Charm x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I continued my tent research (my usual tent it on the cusp of failing), and discovered I have been sleeping in my tent the wrong way round my whole life! All the pictures illustrating the number of people who are meant to fit in the tent, show the persons head goes near the entrance, where as I always assumed that if you're on a slight slope, you ensure the entrance is at the bottom of the slope (so rain/puddles/streams wouldn't flow into the tent when you open the door, and then you sleep with your head at the top of the slope, and meaning your feet are then at the the tent entrance.

I refuse to believe I am wrong on this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

I continued my tent research (my usual tent it on the cusp of failing), and discovered I have been sleeping in my tent the wrong way round my whole life! All the pictures illustrating the number of people who are meant to fit in the tent, show the persons head goes near the entrance, where as I always assumed that if you're on a slight slope, you ensure the entrance is at the bottom of the slope (so rain/puddles/streams wouldn't flow into the tent when you open the door, and then you sleep with your head at the top of the slope, and meaning your feet are then at the the tent entrance.

I refuse to believe I am wrong on this!

This has made me laugh ...... you sleep in your tent how you want to mate, don't listen to the tent police !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...