What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

Jne___

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 2:41 PM, AS35DF said:

https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/15903010/freedomtrail-sendero-8xl-8-person-tunnel-tent-15903010

Has anyone tried/had this 4 man tent from go outdoors? Price seems too good to be true. Very spacious and able to stand up in it. Thinking of buying, only 2 of us will be in it... worth it?

go_320912_a.jpg

I got one of these for Glasto 17. I was in it by myself but I shared it with my son at GM and it was fine for 2 but wouldn't want any more in there. I also bought a canopy for it for about £30 which is great for sitting around under if it's too hot or raining. Mines done 5 festivals now and it's still in good shape.

1 hour ago, Yeo-vile idiot said:

Walked five miles round site to start stretching my legs.

I think you must be from a similar part of the world to me judging by your username.. where did you park up to walk around site?

7 hours ago, Ducky89 said:

I think you must be from a similar part of the world to me judging by your username.. where did you park up to walk around site?

You from Somerset’s armpit too then?:-) 

We always park on the side of the road near the Recreation Ground in Pilton. Then it’s an easy stroll either down Muddy lane or through past the site office onto the top of Big Ground camping and on to the Pyramid field. Going by signs on the gate yesterday Security will shortly be present. But you may be lucky. 

Edited by Yeo-vile idiot

7 hours ago, Yeo-vile idiot said:

You from Somerset’s armpit too then?:-) 

We always park on the side of the road near the Recreation Ground in Pilton. Then it’s an easy stroll either down Muddy lane or through past the site office onto the top of Big Ground camping and on to the Pyramid field. Going by signs on the gate yesterday Security will shortly be present. But you may be lucky. 

Guilty. I'd love to go for a little site walk, maybe one evening this week - cheers for the tip. I've given it a quick look on google maps - seems pretty straight forward - thanks.

1 hour ago, Ducky89 said:

Guilty. I'd love to go for a little site walk, maybe one evening this week - cheers for the tip. I've given it a quick look on google maps - seems pretty straight forward - thanks.

Someone posted this on the Facebook Glasto Chat (ugh) group yesterday, so you might be out of luck I'm afraid.

Image may contain: sky, tree, cloud, plant, outdoor and nature

1 hour ago, Keithy said:

Booked the rabbits into bunny boarding today for Glastonbury week. Think that's my last bit of Glastonbury admin done now.

Well that's something I didn't know existed. To be honest that wasn't what I expected to learn as "something new very day"

Made this test belt pouch today to hold money cards etc. No need to worry about losing your wallet as this is safely fastened to your belt. I’m probably going to be making a revised version of this for everyone in our group once my custom Glastonbury leather stamp arrives from china.

o8tZL6R.jpg

4p5jDX9.jpg

X1zKTr3.jpg

GDqIYsx.jpg

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, StormCrow said:

Made this test belt pouch today to hold money cards etc. No need to worry about losing your wallet as this is safely fastened to your belt. I’m probably going to be making a revised version of this for everyone in our group once my custom Glastonbury leather stamp arrives from china.

o8tZL6R.jpg

4p5jDX9.jpg

X1zKTr3.jpg

GDqIYsx.jpg

That looks great.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

how did you guess :) ....Think im dreaming :) 

Haha! I'm not even a football fan and I thought that second half was impressive. My partner (who is a massive football fan) was going crazy! 

Enjoy it, and good luck in a few weeks! 

15 minutes ago, Jah_Roots said:

Great Northern service* into / out of Moorgate by any chance?

* the term "service" used in this context in the most farcical possible way.

Mostly Northern rail, I have to get 2 trains each way so the likelyhood of a delay is higher. 

I had a £50 claim for a delayed train from Swansea which has helped. 

On 4/20/2019 at 12:33 PM, hfuhruhurr said:

And so the infusions begin: 3 blueberry vodkas (1ltr vodka, 2 do dahs of blueberries to make up 1.5ltrs); 1 pineapple gin (1 ltr gin, 2 pineapples for 2 ltrs).

20190420_122427.thumb.jpg.f5dc8cc8bb49b8a978ac581b28b99945.jpg

Would raspberries work just as well? Going to have a go ?

8 minutes ago, CeriG said:

Would raspberries work just as well? Going to have a go ?

Yes.

There's a balance between mushing the fruit and sieving it out later - if you squish too much then you'll have more pulp in your final drink. If you don't squish enough, you don't get all the juice. So what I do is put the washed fruit in the freezer the night before - this helps release the juice once thawed in the vodka/gin.

Ours is looking fab now - lovely rich colour.

20190508_103308.jpg

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, hfuhruhurr said:

Yes.

There's a balance between mushing the fruit and sieving it out later - if you squish too much then you'll have more pulp in your final drink. If you don't squish enough, you don't get all the juice. So what I do is put the washed fruit in the freezer the night before - this helps release the juice once thawed in the vodka/gin.

Ours is looking fab now - lovely rich colour.

20190508_103308.jpg

Fab! Thanks a million