Jne___

What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

On 5/1/2019 at 8:33 AM, Charm said:

I’ve used this tent for the last 3 festivals, it’s great, hasn’t had to stand up to any intense rain though but I’m sure it would be fine, had to get a new one for this year as it’s a bit heavy and I have to carry the tent in alone this year.

Charm x

based entirely on this thread - i went to look at this tent yesterday and was very impressed.

just deciding on whether or not to order - our trusty old 3 person dome tent still has a good few years in it... but so tempted to treat ourselves to this.

now i'm getting on a bit, the idea of the big space in the porch area is very appealing indeed!

Does this count? 

I've never actually got a cider from the Brothers Bar... sacrilege!

IMG_20190506_175101219.jpg

Trained the bladder a bit by holding in a wee for an hour and a half during a half marathon.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Does this count? 

I've never actually got a cider from the Brothers Bar... sacrilege!

IMG_20190506_175101219.jpg

no ... it has to be in one of those 2 litre bottles they used to sell ....:) 

I've entered the Guardian newspaper competition to win tickets to get ready for Glastonbury 2019 😏

My illustrious husband fitted a new carpet in the van, looks fab :wub:

• Upvote 1

Started the clothes & stuff pile, will add and subtract as the weeks go by, bought new walking boots.

Tested the new backpack on a hike today. Hike also part of getting Glasto fit. 

If anyone is contemplating train. Don’t buy a return. Buy two SINGLES. It should work out cheaper. 

Bought 3 bottles of Sambuca from Amazon and some strawberry scented paper soap.

Charm x

19 minutes ago, Charm said:

Charm x

Paper soap - what a great idea 💡 

Bought my train ticket to my coach departure point   Waiting to be told my return coach time to book the return.  But at least I'm going (even if I'm not coming back!).

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 2:41 PM, AS35DF said:

https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/15903010/freedomtrail-sendero-8xl-8-person-tunnel-tent-15903010

Has anyone tried/had this 4 man tent from go outdoors? Price seems too good to be true. Very spacious and able to stand up in it. Thinking of buying, only 2 of us will be in it... worth it?

go_320912_a.jpg

I got one of these for Glasto 17. I was in it by myself but I shared it with my son at GM and it was fine for 2 but wouldn't want any more in there. I also bought a canopy for it for about £30 which is great for sitting around under if it's too hot or raining. Mines done 5 festivals now and it's still in good shape.

1 hour ago, Yeo-vile idiot said:

Walked five miles round site to start stretching my legs.

I think you must be from a similar part of the world to me judging by your username.. where did you park up to walk around site?

1 hour ago, Charm said:

Charm x

Just reminded me to stock up on some raspberry sambuca, it’s like beautiful shots of calpol. 

7 hours ago, Ducky89 said:

I think you must be from a similar part of the world to me judging by your username.. where did you park up to walk around site?

You from Somerset’s armpit too then?:-) 

We always park on the side of the road near the Recreation Ground in Pilton. Then it’s an easy stroll either down Muddy lane or through past the site office onto the top of Big Ground camping and on to the Pyramid field. Going by signs on the gate yesterday Security will shortly be present. But you may be lucky. 

Edited by Yeo-vile idiot

Bought dry shampoo in Superdrug for half price and some blister plasters.

Charm x

Tested my new stove. Glad I had a look as it was held prisoner by multiple zip ties that would have been a bugger to cope with bleary eyed one morning.

Edited by Gedh

7 hours ago, Yeo-vile idiot said:

You from Somerset’s armpit too then?:-) 

We always park on the side of the road near the Recreation Ground in Pilton. Then it’s an easy stroll either down Muddy lane or through past the site office onto the top of Big Ground camping and on to the Pyramid field. Going by signs on the gate yesterday Security will shortly be present. But you may be lucky. 

Guilty. I'd love to go for a little site walk, maybe one evening this week - cheers for the tip. I've given it a quick look on google maps - seems pretty straight forward - thanks.

1 hour ago, Ducky89 said:

Guilty. I'd love to go for a little site walk, maybe one evening this week - cheers for the tip. I've given it a quick look on google maps - seems pretty straight forward - thanks.

Someone posted this on the Facebook Glasto Chat (ugh) group yesterday, so you might be out of luck I'm afraid.

Image may contain: sky, tree, cloud, plant, outdoor and nature

Booked the rabbits into bunny boarding today for Glastonbury week. Think that's my last bit of Glastonbury admin done now.