What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

Jne___

Hi a couple of quick questions to folks who have stayed near the site on the Tuesday night before the gates open on the Wednesday morning. Looking to do this for first time having driven down from near Manchester leaving at 3am in all the other years we have done it  and got there at peak queue time  

- Does it make any odds as to Wells or Shepton Mallet given we want to get in East car park and gates B/C?  We stay in Cockmill Meadow.

- What is the drill in the morning - is it best to get to the gates early doors and if so what time do you recommend? Any other hints or tips?

Cheers

9 minutes ago, chuckles07 said:

Hi a couple of quick questions to folks who have stayed near the site on the Tuesday night before the gates open on the Wednesday morning. Looking to do this for first time having driven down from near Manchester leaving at 3am in all the other years we have done it  and got there at peak queue time  

- Does it make any odds as to Wells or Shepton Mallet given we want to get in East car park and gates B/C?  We stay in Cockmill Meadow.

- What is the drill in the morning - is it best to get to the gates early doors and if so what time do you recommend? Any other hints or tips?

Cheers

People queue in front of the gates from the moment they get there so by opening time Wednesday there are huge queues. So staying local doesn’t help much.

I use them to power my fancy dress ,small ones for hat lights  ... the EE one is for a firework effect ... the ec tech is probably the best one , I do think its a slight fetish :) but I keep thinking will I have enough to last me 

4 minutes ago, Gedh said:

I’ve got the middle one below the solar panel. I see you have an exploding EE one.

Do you run a Glasto recharging service or is this just a plain old fetish??

• Like 1

10 hours ago, chuckles07 said:

Cheers

We come from Saddleworth, in 16 stayed at Wookey Hole, up and at em at 4am, hit a queue at Shepton at 5.30, me and my lad walked it with tents from Cannards Grave to Gate C at 7.30 at got there at 9 with zero queues to get in Cockmill. Bear in mind queues that year were horrendous due to ground conditions. 

In 17 stayed south east of site, up at 4, car parked and hoofed it a mile to join Gate C queue by 5.30 and got in at 9.30! It was roasting by 6am.

We’re in WV this year, although still staying nearby so we can travel down Tuesday pm, get a good meal, a nights sleep, shower and breakfast ?

23 hours ago, chuckles07 said:

Cheers

Never done it before myself but coming down from Manchester too and provisionally booked a hotel in Taunton for the Tuesday in the hope that the majority of traffic will be coming from the north and east while we come from the south west.. Be great to be able to have a relative lie in and last minute shower and ideally be on site by dinner time... @crazyfool1 dropped us a pm the other day about this and can advise better than me anyway.

I've been having a perve over Glastocam this morning. Not much going on, mind.

Just found out the Mrs is pregnant with our first child. Obviously that's great.

We won't know the exact due date for another 12 weeks or so.

We've tried to work it out, and depending on the length of the pregnancy, it could be anything between 24th June - 15th July.

If the due date is before the start of July, obviously I can't go to GF (I have a ticket).

It's my brother and best mates 1st one, and will/would be my 5th.

Pretty fucking numb with a range of emotions if I'm honest. My mrs is amazing and understands how much GF means to me, and fully wants me to still go if the due date is July.

I can picture it right now. I'm in the queue, and I get the phone call. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Massive congrats @Stokesy10!!!!

It is very easy to calculate her actual due date though if you didn’t want to wait 12 weeks? Baby could come anytime though, esp from 37 weeks so it probably won’t alleviate your fears about Glasto.

Fair play to her for letting you go, I’d hope I would do the same for my husband.

12 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

@Stokesy10 - congrats, your missus sounds like a gem, and if she's happy for you to go, you won't care if you have to leave to be ready to meet your kid. :)

She is incredible. I'm a very lucky guy, I'm massively punching haha.

I feel selfish, and I'm obviously mega happy and even more so seeing how ecstatic she is. But I am unfortunately worried about the due date falling before or in GF. My brother and mate will be so upset if I'm not there for their first and the excitement I've had to show them the place has been unreal.

She will be moving in with her sister for GF week f I go anyway, especially if the due date is July - I wouldn't dream of going otherwise if she was on her own.

Thank you, by the way :)

5 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Massive congrats @Stokesy10!!!!

It is very easy to calculate her actual due date though if you didn’t want to wait 12 weeks? Baby could come anytime though, esp from 37 weeks so it probably won’t alleviate your fears about Glasto.

Fair play to her for letting you go, I’d hope I would do the same for my husband.

Yeh we've been trying to work it out, she has an app and all sorts but still tricky trying to predict the date. I "think" it'll be 8th or 14th of July, that's counting 40 full weeks. As you say, this could be 37 onwards, though.

Thank you :)

6 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Yeh we've been trying to work it out, she has an app and all sorts but still tricky trying to predict the date. I "think" it'll be 8th or 14th of July, that's counting 40 full weeks. As you say, this could be 37 onwards, though.

Thank you :)

????. A lot of first pregnancies go to full term and beyond, so I’m going to cross my fingers that this happens to you too! In which case, you’ll be totally fine and rested by the time baby makes an appearance. Good luck!! 

@Stokesy10Congrats.

We had similar in 2017. except our due date was 8 weeks before. We decided in the end that it would be too tricky to do Glasto with an 8 week old (my misses is not as good as yours and would kill me if i went without her) so we made the decision to give up our tickets. Good thing too as she went 2 and a bit weeks over.

Hopefully for you, your missus does the same, and if not you will be so stoked about your new little one you wont even feel that your missing out. You will get equally as little sleep and do just as much running around for those that need you the most.

Best of luck though

2 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

Just found out the Mrs is pregnant with our first child. Obviously that's great.

We won't know the exact due date for another 12 weeks or so.

We've tried to work it out, and depending on the length of the pregnancy, it could be anything between 24th June - 15th July.

If the due date is before the start of July, obviously I can't go to GF (I have a ticket).

It's my brother and best mates 1st one, and will/would be my 5th.

Pretty fucking numb with a range of emotions if I'm honest. My mrs is amazing and understands how much GF means to me, and fully wants me to still go if the due date is July.

I can picture it right now. I'm in the queue, and I get the phone call. 

Congratulations!

3 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

She is incredible. I'm a very lucky guy, I'm massively punching haha.

I feel selfish, and I'm obviously mega happy and even more so seeing how ecstatic she is. But I am unfortunately worried about the due date falling before or in GF. My brother and mate will be so upset if I'm not there for their first and the excitement I've had to show them the place has been unreal.

She will be moving in with her sister for GF week f I go anyway, especially if the due date is July - I wouldn't dream of going otherwise if she was on her own.

Thank you, by the way :)

Congrats! Very exciting but also conflicting emotions... I wouldnt want to miss glasto either ? I think its common for most first pregnancies to go full term. 

If I was in your situation, what would help alleviate my guilt for leaving, would be an even exchange. If I was the pregnant one, I would love to have a getaway with my sister or friend for a weekend either before the baby is here, or maybe when the baby is a bit older? 

Just a suggestion, but what if you booked them a spa weekend (or something else she would enjoy) at the same time you're at glasto? (Assuming the due date is in July. )

25 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

Congrats! Very exciting but also conflicting emotions... I wouldnt want to miss glasto either ? I think its common for most first pregnancies to go full term. 

If I was in your situation, what would help alleviate my guilt for leaving, would be an even exchange. If I was the pregnant one, I would love to have a getaway with my sister or friend for a weekend either before the baby is here, or maybe when the baby is a bit older? 

Just a suggestion, but what if you booked them a spa weekend (or something else she would enjoy) at the same time you're at glasto? (Assuming the due date is in July. )

Great minds think alike. We often encourage the other to go off for weekends and enjoy themselves and always said we'll make sure we do that when we have children.

She is invited to a wedding in August in Greece, and she's worried she'll miss out, but I've offered to go along as the babysitter (not to the wedding) as she wouldn't be able to leave the baby at home if breastfeeding!

Yeh mega mixed emotions. It's the news we needed, she's had such a rough couple of years with various issues and I can already see how much this news has helped her. 

Now I have the due date to worry about?! I am secretly PRAYING that it's after GF. I don't think my brain could take it after being so lucky getting tickets.

Thank you all for well wishes, I'm too shy to start a thread on it and not everyone is bothered by that kind of stuff, but I was excited so added it to this convo! 

Peace and Love, see you on the farm... I hope!!!

p.s. Love the spa idea Kate! x

Edited by Stokesy10

30 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Great minds think alike. We often encourage the other to go off for weekends and enjoy themselves and always said we'll make sure we do that when we have children.

She is invited to a wedding in August in Greece, and she's worried she'll miss out, but I've offered to go along as the babysitter (not to the wedding) as she wouldn't be able to leave the baby at home if breastfeeding!

Yeh mega mixed emotions. It's the news we needed, she's had such a rough couple of years with various issues and I can already see how much this news has helped her. 

Now I have the due date to worry about?! I am secretly PRAYING that it's after GF. I don't think my brain could take it after being so lucky getting tickets.

Thank you all for well wishes, I'm too shy to start a thread on it and not everyone is bothered by that kind of stuff, but I was excited so added it to this convo! 

Congratulations Stokesy! The deal breaker for me if I was a pregnant/new mum would be how far do you have to travel to get to me/hospital?  Who else is there to support me? Realistically the baby could come anywhere between 36 and 42 weeks and you’ll both be on pins. Please (especially as it’s your first) don’t underestimate the physical/emotional impact on both of you. This baby is a big deal and a unique experience. As much as I adore it, Glastonbury is just a festival. How would you feel if your phone signal dropped and you missed an emergency? How you both feel now may not be how you both feel at 36 weeks... x

53 minutes ago, battleborn said:

Drafted the annual protest let to Somerset Council to ensure that your 5 days of crap music are thwarted for obvious public order and safety reasons, as well as for environmental protections. If public action can force Wireless to be nice and middle class I'm sure it can get Glastonbury abandoned.

?

57 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Congrats to you and the missus Stokesy!

As someone with loads of kids and who has been to Glastonbury loads of times (both with and without the children) I should probably have some sort of meaningful and useful advice for you.

Alas, I’m fucking useless and have none.

But best of luck dude. X