Jne___

What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

3 minutes ago, Aroseey said:

Got my last minute bits, packed my bag...and my car broke down! Excellent timing of course!

How annoying, hope you can sort it quickly. 

Charm x

Got my nails done (yesterday). Bought the last of the booze and snacks. Wrote half a 6000 word project report I promised myself I’d draft before I leave Tuesday (most definitely not going to happen). I’m the best procrastinator and I’m too excited to do non Glastonbury related things! 

4D9DB3BA-9B2F-49B5-A7C4-81CFE286A452.jpeg

6D209D53-AB19-4866-B978-09F1B46EE5FA.jpeg

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Padgey said:

Just been out for a run tonight and aggrivated my achillies, very sore at mo so need to rest it for next 48 hours. 

No running a week before Glastonbury from now on! 

Decanted booze today and dragged all my camping gear out from under the stairs. Started packing.

Feel woefully underprepared!

Off to Boots tomorrow lunch break to buy all my final bits and pieces: sun cream, blister plasters, some Nytol, painkillers, rehydration sachets etc.

Then finish off final packing after work!

On 6/22/2019 at 7:53 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

So now in a m6 travelodge's half way to Glastonbury, somewhere near Birmingham.  Heading to the town tomorrow morn.  Desperate for one more like as my superstition is get to 300 and the weather will be good. I know , I am mental, but that's what is going on in my mind after driving 350 miles non stop!  

Seems my superstition isn't all rubbish after all ! Now in Glastonbury town having more than a few beers. Been up the tor today 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Seems my superstition isn't all rubbish after all !

But you're on 302 now so everything will be fine.

• Upvote 1

Panic bought some walking boots despite just buying new wellies because I fear the wellies/old trainer combo will be inferior to the boots considering the current proposed weather reports.

4 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

But you're on 302 now so everything will be fine.

It's crazy the things that go through a usually rational mind when Glastonbury is involved! 

7 hours ago, Istari said:

Realised the spare sack truck wheel was flat so reinflated it

This!  had a flat a few years ago and had the pick of spares abandoned along the tracks past gate D.  Can recommend a few split rings and a pair of needle nosed pliers taped to the trolley too.  A spare wheel sits on top of the axle at the back ever since.  

I was moving my 'pile' from one part of the garage to another like I have been for days now. Then got a message from work asking if I could come in at short notice on OT for tonight's shift....couldn't resist the lure of double time so here I am, waiting for 6am when I can go home; I'll try and get some zeds from not 'til 5ish. Bit of practice for some time in the SE corner I suppose.

8 hours ago, Notamurderer said:

This!  had a flat a few years ago and had the pick of spares abandoned along the tracks past gate D.  Can recommend a few split rings and a pair of needle nosed pliers taped to the trolley too.  A spare wheel sits on top of the axle at the back ever since.  

Yes. We learnt the hard way about 10 years or so ago. Had to drive into Glastonbury and go to the B&Q to buy a replacement after 1 of the tyre spindles went. So ended up with a spare tyre and always kept 1 with us. Definitely take some spare split rings as well

What a weekend! Would definitely not recommend moving house the weekend before Glastonbury to anyone! But all sorted now an packed for Glastonbury, decided I need some pre-Glasto ciders for Tuesday night so popping out at lunch to get some and some bottles of water to freeze to drink in the queue given the predicted temps :)

Handed over my tent, and a Gazebo to friends who are going tomorrow to set up early on Wednesday. I’m not going till Friday, 3 days is enough for me. Weather looks promising for the three days. 

• Downvote 1

Packed up last night, working today and tomorrow and I don't want to be doing it Tuesday night.  

Pretty happy, managed to get everything, including tent and booze, into a single bergen.  Fully hands free :)

Using the toilets in work for the last time today. I could wage a bet they smell worse than all the long drops put together on the Sunday. I will not miss this smell of stinking arse for a week. Definitely prepped for the smell of the festival now.