What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

Jne___

I'm worried about where to find a place to pitch a small four man i.e big enough for two people tent!  You may have to lug that a hell of a way from whatever car park you end up in!  And will you go to the areas you mention first?  It would be too stressful for me to even contemplate taking a tent that size!!

2 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

I'm worried about where to find a place to pitch a small four man i.e big enough for two people tent!  You may have to lug that a hell of a way from whatever car park you end up in!  And will you go to the areas you mention first?  It would be too stressful for me to even contemplate taking a tent that size!!

Just look at how many wooden pallets it was delivered on.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, timbrass said:

They change the names, but there is always space by Campervan West exit 

rigs.JPG

Back House is a bit of a secret, but it is only open from Thursday morning, which is why there is always room. Also, it is enclosed on all sides by hedges or the fence so is difficult to spot. It was an oasis of green in '16.

2 hours ago, Fishman said:

Back House is a bit of a secret, but it is only open from Thursday morning, which is why there is always room. Also, it is enclosed on all sides by hedges or the fence so is difficult to spot. It was an oasis of green in '16.

Any idea how much of a trek Back House is from whichever entrance the coaches dump you? Leaving from Reading at 7am Thursday so I'm assuming I wont be on-site until 11am at least taking into account travel time and getting through the gates

Edited by grilladelphia

4 minutes ago, grilladelphia said:

Any idea how much of a trek Back House is from whichever entrance the coaches dump you? Leaving from Reading at 7am Thursday so I'm assuming I wont be on-site until 11am at least taking into account travel time and getting through the gates

Probably about 20-30 minutes walk from the gate I'd imagine depending on how speedy/kitted up you are

32 minutes ago, grilladelphia said:

27 minutes ago, 42hamlet said:

Probably about 20-30 minutes walk from the gate I'd imagine depending on how speedy/kitted up you are

Yeah - it's about 20 minutes .... downhill on the way in, so all good. Also, it's less of a trek from the late night shenanigans to your bed than those who stay up in Darble.

6 minutes ago, Fishman said:

Yeah - it's about 20 minutes .... downhill on the way in, so all good. Also, it's less of a trek from the late night shenanigans to your bed than those who stay up in Darble.

noting your 'downhill' comment what the flooding potential?  we're coach arrival Thursday morning too and I would def favour that side of the site.... but always try to camp up slope....

57 minutes ago, 42hamlet said:

is it bad that I read this as "depending on how speedy/ketted up you are"..... thanks for the info though sounds like a decent spot (note - I will not be on speed or ketamine.)

24 minutes ago, Kay95 said:

noting your 'downhill' comment what the flooding potential?  we're coach arrival Thursday morning too and I would def favour that side of the site.... but always try to camp up slope....

I just meant the walk from Gate A is mostly downhill (as it is to most places from there). There is no flooding danger in those fields out west. 

Preparation?, we’ve just got over getting tickets.  Now trying to decide what tent to take.  Looking at something easy to put up, those pop up ones look easy. So missed this year that we took a break in the area and walked the site, incredible to see campsites covered in crops , cows under the pyramid skeleton and had a walk over bellas bridge.  

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

4 hours ago, John the Moth said:

Couple of days ago I put the first bit of cash into a spare savings account to start my glasto fund. Hope to put a little aside each week.

I’ve been saving a tenner a week in a Glasto fund tin since last year. Got over £600 now. Should be a decent wedge by June.