What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

Jne___

2 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Thanks - just had a nice  long chat with my ally from work and feel better.   And yeah, at least the best party is about to start but work spoiled the excitement today rather.  Never mind, fuck it (as I may have said rather too many times today).

Just been out to buy snacks for the train down to Taunton tomorrow and get some cash out. 

safe trip down here and if you see someone with a Glastonbury haircut walking the streets it will more than likely be me :) 

• Upvote 1

Started packed, realised my boy took one of our bags on cub camp and that’s disappeared into the abyss that is his mother house. 

Its ok though, I told my missus if it doesn’t fit in one bag it’s not coming.......now she can buy a bigger bag. 

Dropping my glasto gaff to my mate tomorrow who’s going in first thing Wednesday to grab the pitch. 

Ill do my booze shopping tomorrow as well. 

I’ve unfortunately had a sore throat and a bit of a fever the past few days, though today is much much better. I’ve spent the day “preparing” by sleeping and hydrating and taking all the OTC meds.  Cross your fingers that Wednesday morning this will have all passed 

5 minutes ago, Olshansky said:

I’ve unfortunately had a sore throat and a bit of a fever the past few days, though today is much much better. I’ve spent the day “preparing” by sleeping and hydrating and taking all the OTC meds.  Cross your fingers that Wednesday morning this will have all passed 

Oh no! Worst nightmare.  Hope you are better tomorrow!

12 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

safe trip down here and if you see someone with a Glastonbury haircut walking the streets it will more than likely be me :) 

Just got confirmation of our booking at Skewers to eat tonight. Thanks for the recommendation! 

Got everything packed last night in record time by 7.30 and was able to relax. Dreadful night's sleep being woken up by the rain. Said goodbye to my partner when she left for work. Put my bags on ready to go to work this morning. Couldn't find keys. Cue 20 minutes of turning the house upside down only to find them in the top rucksack pocket where I always put the important stuff. Waited for the bus and it was too busy to fit me on with my bags so walked down to a better stop. Victoria line platform was packed out so had to get on the piccadilly instead. Two people beat me to the luggage spots (carrying no luggage) and didn't want to move so I could take my bags off. 

Sweaty and stressful morning to say the least. Getting a bit of work done now and hoping for a much easier journey to Paddington for the 12.33. This time in four or five hours I'll be cracking my first warm one onsite :)

Husband at 1030 "let me know when you want to leave" 

Me "well it's a bit overkill to leave 3/4 of an hour for a ten munute journey"

1035 - me jumping up and down, let's go, come on hurry up we need to go"

1036 in car Me - "oh wait, have I got my phone?"

Got here 20 minutes before my train. 

Can't understand why I was so nervous. If I had missed my train I could have just got the next one!

1 minute ago, rosieangel said:

Printed my clashfinder!

Currently gargling salt water as woke up with a sore throat and desperately want to nip it in the bud! If anyone has any hacks do send my way!

Go and buy some echinacea tablets

They work if you take them at the first signs of cold symptoms

They massively reduce the effects of a potential cold if you get one

https://www.superdrug.com/A-Vogel/A-Vogel-Echinaforce-Echinacea-tablets-42s/p/920958

22 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

dont thank me yet :) ... hopefully it will be good ... I blame my friends if it isn't :) 

It had very good trip advisor reviews too ( not that I was checking up on your recommendation but it came up when I was looking them up to contact them).  I'm sure it will be fine and anyway it will be just nice to spend time with my daughter sitting down and having a meal before living in a field for a week! 

Officially excited now.

11 minutes ago, amyg1990 said:

Go and buy some echinacea tablets

They work if you take them at the first signs of cold symptoms

They massively reduce the effects of a potential cold if you get one

https://www.superdrug.com/A-Vogel/A-Vogel-Echinaforce-Echinacea-tablets-42s/p/920958

Thank you! Just nipped out to boots and got some - fingers crossed!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, rosieangel said:

Thank you! Just nipped out to boots and got some - fingers crossed!

Good to hear - make sure you take the recommended amount, it seems like a lot but if taken correctly there a godsend! You can drink on them too as there herbal :)

As a severely disorganised and last-minute kinda person... I have never been as prepared.  

All but packed over the weekend, just need to put some now-dried clothes into my new camping bag and iron a few bits tonight.

7 more hours of work to go! ?

Edited by magliad