What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

Jne___

Bought the traditional 8x500ml of Scrumpy Jack (usually gone by Friday). 

Put up the Quechua 3-man popup and after several attempts, managed to pack it up again. 

Got the core gear out of the attic: walking boots, rucksack and day bag, sleeping bag and sleeping mat

Looked over 2017’s memorabilia, not seen since I packed it all up one year and 50 weeks ago. In amongst the stuff, I found in-date Dyoralite, Travel John’s and antihistamines. Win.  

Made a list of last minute planned and sudden realisation purchases to get tomorrow: 3 pairs of shorts and a hoodie, 1lt of Russian Standard, camping pillow, hand sanitiser, sunscreen and spending money. 

26 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Made a list of last minute planned and sudden realisation purchases to get tomorrow: 3 pairs of shorts and a hoodie, 1lt of Russian Standard, camping pillow, hand sanitiser, sunscreen and spending money. 

Russian Standard 1L on offer at Sainsburys for £16

Excitment levels are simmering along nicely. A slight upturn this evening as it dawns on me that Tuesday is in fact a Friday. Final check on packing tonight, one more day of work then OOO is a go-go. Then a Manchester to Bath train journey, with you lot keeping me company. One more sleep and then we all know what's happening next!

Just now, Beerqueen said:

Fucking awful shit hole of a day at work. Two-faced shit-stirring colleagues have really annoyed/upset me.

BUT I CAN FORGET THE FUCKERS NOW AND CONCENTRATE ON ENJOYING MYSELF.

FUCK THE LOT OF THEM.

Ditto.

6 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Fucking awful shit hole of a day at work. Two-faced shit-stirring colleagues have really annoyed/upset me.

BUT I CAN FORGET THE FUCKERS NOW AND CONCENTRATE ON ENJOYING MYSELF.

FUCK THE LOT OF THEM.

positives being you have the best weekend in the world to get over it .... enjoy that wine :) 

Precisely bugger all. Between work going from 0-100 in the last month and the cat trying to make a quick exit from this sphere then some squiffy nonsense today I am the least prepared before departure in years. No just emptying the box in this year either - tomorrow's gonna be hectic

But I was back setting up a job at my old work today and found out the twatty boss only lasted another year before going out with a bang and viciously trying to take some others with him - so three cheers for forgetting the fuckers - Glastonbury awaits :D you've earnt it putting up with them

Loaded the vast majority of my stuff into my mates' car! Just have to decide on my travel outfit and grab my day bag. This time tomorrow I will be cacking it unable to concentrate on anything until 10pm hits and the journey begins!!!!

47 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

positives being you have the best weekend in the world to get over it .... enjoy that wine :) 

Thanks - just had a nice  long chat with my ally from work and feel better.   And yeah, at least the best party is about to start but work spoiled the excitement today rather.  Never mind, fuck it (as I may have said rather too many times today).

Just been out to buy snacks for the train down to Taunton tomorrow and get some cash out. 

Well missed my first train taking the uber of death to paddington. It was a non refundable ticket so had to buy an entirely new one which really stings. Arrived at Castle Cary and split a cab with a couple of people working on site, and we got to drive around the site a bit, but they got a bit weird about splitting their fare (I'm with a friend as well) and we just let them off. 

Checked into the Airbnb which is lovely and had a bit of a walk around the town. 

A very very very expensive day for my friend and me, but we are here, and it feels great! 

• Upvote 1