What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

Jne___

Packed.   Just things like purse, phone and kindle to add on Tuesday morning.

Does anybody else find that they are constantly counting on their fingers how many days there are between Wednesday-Monday -  so how many items of clothing are needed?  I must have done it fifty times since I started getting my piles ready.  And it's still 6.  Which I just had to count again just in case.

Edited by Beerqueen

I’m ready to rock & roll!

CV fully packed, Glasto cd swaps lined up to play, drinks and refreshments for the drive, satnav so I can report my eta for our meet up on the A37, loo primed, fridge on, ticket hidden away, my festival-only gear sorted, old wristbands on board, bound to have forgotten something.

Even have redundant wellies.

Departing 9:00am Monday. As thrilled as ever, the buzz doesn’t die.

Just now, Gedh said:

I'd got the sleeping bags out to air, last usage 2016 but amazingly hadn't gone mouldy. 

Now I know the bastard things came out of thisr stuff sacks but blooming heck getting them back in...... Need a beer.

I remember the first time I tried to get one back in - I literally threw it across the room!  I was trying to fold it in neatly rather than just ramming it in.

The worst is getting the bloody tent back in the bag on Monday morning.  I did it first time in 2017 - so proud!  The tent I'm taking this year seems to have a slightly better bag in that it isn't quite so tight and the zip goes a lot further round the bag.  So fingers crossed.

• Upvote 1

Update. Despite all the patching, bastard thing was still going down. Filling a bath to identify further leaks seemed overkill, so put it out in the garden and turned the hose on it. 

Turns out every single one of the fucking patches wasn't sealing properly as it's  the flock side of the mattress. Plus one I'd  missed.

Wasted about 90 minutes, 10 bike patches and all of my patience. Fucker's now in the bin and I'm taking the self inflating penance bed.

Bollocks :lol:

Well I did it yesterday, but it's becoming more painful today. Decided to get back into the old parkrun and took it way too seriously when there...now have foot pain on the bone on the outside of my foot which is making it quite difficult to walk without pain.

I've had it before and it took a few weeks to be back to normal, anyone got any suggestions for something to ease this kind of pain in anticipation of five days of lots of walking?!

I've also started getting clothing ready, just waiting on a few things to arrive in the post and I'm almost packed! 

48 minutes ago, Riggins said:

Well I did it yesterday, but it's becoming more painful today. Decided to get back into the old parkrun and took it way too seriously when there...now have foot pain on the bone on the outside of my foot which is making it quite difficult to walk without pain.

I've had it before and it took a few weeks to be back to normal, anyone got any suggestions for something to ease this kind of pain in anticipation of five days of lots of walking?!

I've also started getting clothing ready, just waiting on a few things to arrive in the post and I'm almost packed! 

I’m no medic but as a runner I’d put a bag of frozen peas on it double quick. Then probably rely on drugs ( gruffness, paracetamol etc) to get me through the festival 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Riggins said:

Just been out for a run tonight and aggrivated my achillies, very sore at mo so need to rest it for next 48 hours. 

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Update. Despite all the patching, bastard thing was still going down. Filling a bath to identify further leaks seemed overkill, so put it out in the garden and turned the hose on it. 

Turns out every single one of the fucking patches wasn't sealing properly as it's  the flock side of the mattress. Plus one I'd  missed.

Wasted about 90 minutes, 10 bike patches and all of my patience. Fucker's now in the bin and I'm taking the self inflating penance bed.

Bollocks :lol:

Ten patches did seem to be leading to a f*ck up no matter what!

Just started sewing a zip on my rucksack as the old one bust. Only been needing to do this for 23 months and forgot. I took MrsCJ to the Dior exhibition at the V&A so I feel I've absorbed some expertise and will finish it in 5 minutes.

• Upvote 1

Got my nails done (yesterday). Bought the last of the booze and snacks. Wrote half a 6000 word project report I promised myself I’d draft before I leave Tuesday (most definitely not going to happen). I’m the best procrastinator and I’m too excited to do non Glastonbury related things! 

4D9DB3BA-9B2F-49B5-A7C4-81CFE286A452.jpeg

6D209D53-AB19-4866-B978-09F1B46EE5FA.jpeg

• Upvote 2