What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

Jne___

Dogs got picked up by the mother in law today for their stay with her while we party on the farm. They love staying with her cos they have loads of room to explore but god I miss them already. 

Last bit of work this weekend, packing tomorrow and Saturday then we start heading off with the caravan on Sunday. Doing a couple of stops on the way down. 

5 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Yeah I've always brought a burner to Glasto, was planning to bring an old iphone this year, but had one with me at APE and was quite annoyed with myself how much I ended up being on it, for taking snaps/videos as well as internet use. There's definitely a joy in being away from a smartphone for a few days and I'm now torn about what to do at the G.

I can relate.

I’ve found a weirdly simple solution that works for me BSR, cos I’ve been guilty of the same in the past. 

I now take a cheap ‘burner’ phone (actually 2 this year as Mrs Woffy will be at home heavily pregnant) and my digital camera. 

Who takes a camera anywhere these days with our smart phones???!!! My camera is nothing special, but takes photos as good as my iPhone. 

But it means I’m not tempted to mess about on my phone at the time and post them, somewhere - probably a bit squiffy and wanting to show Mrs W (who’ll probably be asleep anyway) what I’m doing. I can look at the pics - usually when I wake up in the morning (and see exactly what the hell I was doing / watching / where I was / dancing to who). But posting or sharing them anywhere can wait til I get home. 

I’ll still take my iPhone. But really out of habit of having it with me. 

Plus i’ll take LOADS more photos knowing I’m not running a camera battery down.

Sod filming actual gigs though. 

7 minutes ago, Woffy said:

I can relate.

I’ve found a weirdly simple solution that works for me BSR, cos I’ve been guilty of the same in the past. 

I now take a cheap ‘burner’ phone (actually 2 this year as Mrs Woffy will be at home heavily pregnant) and my digital camera. 

Who takes a camera anywhere these days with our smart phones???!!! My camera is nothing special, but takes photos as good as my iPhone. 

But it means I’m not tempted to mess about on my phone at the time and post them, somewhere - probably a bit squiffy and wanting to show Mrs W (who’ll probably be asleep anyway) what I’m doing. I can look at the pics - usually when I wake up in the morning (and see exactly what the hell I was doing / watching / where I was / dancing to who). But posting or sharing them anywhere can wait til I get home. 

I’ll still take my iPhone. But really out of habit of having it with me. 

Plus i’ll take LOADS more photos knowing I’m not running a camera battery down.

Sod filming actual gigs though. 

Yep me too got a little camera which I try to use instead of my phone.   Might take one or two photos on my phone to share with a couple of people when I first get there but that's it.  Otherwise phone will be text and calls only mode.

Installed the app and had the first proper look at the lineup.

Normally I don't look until I'm camped with a programme in my hand, but there's so much on Wednesday now that I don't want to miss out. 

AND I'M SO EXCITED

Been away 4 long years. Always used to consider Worthy Farm home from home... I'm pretty confident judging by the mood on here, but I hope the spirit is still shining through. Nowhere on Earth better for a human.

I have attached my golf bag strap to the crappy handle on the pushchair carry bag. And am currently feeling very bloody chuffed with myself and manly (for a change).

I might go and hit some stuff with a hammer next or stir some paint with a small stick. 

32 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Woke up with a start from a nightmare. I dreamed that someone had put an acid-soaked piece of paper next to my bed intending it to dissolve my Glastonbury ticket.

I don't even have my ticket as I'm going by coach.

Your subconscious thinks up very clever ways to destroy you ?

16 minutes ago, gfest2009 said:

Currently sat in the hairdressers feeling like I'm getting 3rd degree burns on my scalp and questioning my life choices. It better bloody look good after all this!

it will im sure ....what are you having done ? mine is being done tue ... im still trying to decide wether to post a photo or have a glastonbury style social media blackout 

Edited by crazyfool1