What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

Jne___

3 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Bought a few bottles of antibacterial handwash. In 2016 on the Monday morning, some angel had left a bottle of proper liquid soap at the taps and it was a delight on my dirty hands, with 20 layers of hand sanitizer on them.

So I've bought a normal, an aloe vera and a moisturising one, to leave at the taps to improve people's days.

I like to also take a bottle of soap for the ones with the taps in the cabaret field by ridge and furrow. Favourite area and toilets are a bonus.

Get up. Check eFestivals. Straight to weather thread. Check actual current weather outside. Search for Glastonbury related stuff on Twitter. Check Glasto WhatssApp Group. Open and tinker about with Clashfinder. Say good morning to family. 

I'm starting to panic a bit. Only just recovering from IOW festival last weekend. Work is mental and I'm working next mon/tues. I've a good long Glasto List....but have I time to get it all sorted and escape work alive on Tuesday?  It's my first time at the farm. It's so massive. I've highlighted everything in clashfinder (...) but still don't know where to start, what if I overdo it on the first night ("'if" ?), what if I don't eat enough and drink enough water (standard). I'm also a bit worried about the time it's going to take me to recover.

Best go back to the weather thread to calm me down, then I think I'll buy some electrolytes :)

Edited by Tom White

Went shopping for a few of the little bits with a couple of mates i'm going with, followed by a trip to the pub for a plan of action pint.

Have the majority of my packing list ticked off now - Just need the alcohol... Going on the the coach so i'm really struggling on what to bring. Usually bring a ton of tinnies but that's going to be difficult!

Waterproofing boots (won’t need it I know) with some boot wax and generally staring at my pile on the garage floor. 

Want to stick another flag on our pole; any idea where I can buy a couple of flag bungees from a shop (not on line)?

16 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

What if I told you... you could go to two different areas - in the same night?!? Don’t look at me like that, I’m serious!

I know I know. 

Bit of planning with when to hit the SE corner is needed though. 

I only ever see about 50% of what I plan so I don’t know why I’m stressing!

Edited by nikkic

got an Anker charger back in November, and the bastarding thing has chosen this week to start failing to keep a charge . . . so ive emailed the vendor, who are procrastinating hugely about the whole matter. JUST SEND ME A NEW ONE!

or if they dont, i'll be fairly happy to put my phone in the lockups and ignore it for a few days: my mates trying to get hold of me at the festival may disagree, however. i just dont want to be one of those sad 'stare at my phone in a different place' types. 

17 hours ago, Drfoxxx said:

Can anyone recommend some decent boxes of Rose to buy please? Dont normally buy it but it does the job ha

I've got 2 boxes of the Rose, Gallo, white Grenache £16 in Tesco. It's really nice 

• Upvote 1

Picked up 4 x 1l aluminium bottles from Millets so I don't have to buy plastics for my spirits, plus some spare tent pegs and gaffer tape. Also picked up paracetamol, hydration sachets and hayfever tablets!

WFH tomorrow so the Werthers Vodka begins in the morning :)

1 hour ago, balti-pie said:

got an Anker charger back in November, and the bastarding thing has chosen this week to start failing to keep a charge . . . so ive emailed the vendor, who are procrastinating hugely about the whole matter. JUST SEND ME A NEW ONE!

or if they dont, i'll be fairly happy to put my phone in the lockups and ignore it for a few days: my mates trying to get hold of me at the festival may disagree, however. i just dont want to be one of those sad 'stare at my phone in a different place' types. 

Yeah I've always brought a burner to Glasto, was planning to bring an old iphone this year, but had one with me at APE and was quite annoyed with myself how much I ended up being on it, for taking snaps/videos as well as internet use. There's definitely a joy in being away from a smartphone for a few days and I'm now torn about what to do at the G.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Yeah I've always brought a burner to Glasto, was planning to bring an old iphone this year, but had one with me at APE and was quite annoyed with myself how much I ended up being on it, for taking snaps/videos as well as internet use. There's definitely a joy in being away from a smartphone for a few days and I'm now torn about what to do at the G. 

I bring a Nokia burner phone and 3 / 4 disposable cameras for the weekend - having no distraction in the shape of a phone is one of the things I absolutely love about festival weekends.

1 hour ago, zeppelin said:

Today I've:

- ordered my cider for delivery tomorrow;

- bought two double walled reusable bottles to mix spirits; 

- bought some additional chinos; and,

- stocked up on sunglasses (I always lose them down Shangri-La). 

IMG_20190619_125000.jpg

Primark sunnies! Genius. I’ll head down there on Saturday morning. I lose em ridiculously easily too.