What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

Jne___

Have been visiting my daughter in London - primarily to take down some of her stuff for Glastonbury including her rucksack, new funky waterproof, sleeping bag and the wrong wellies!  Never mind, I'll take her correct wellies with me instead.  Discussed what bands we both want to see and which ones we'll see separately.  Took delivery of new batteries for my phone, new (old) DMs from Ebay and earplugs for both of us.  Caught up on here a bit.  Thought about checking the weather but realised that that really doesn't matter (again)- especialy  having read the other thread.

I'm getting very concerned at how prepared everyone seems here. I've still not bought a single food item or beer can and starting to panic.

On the other hand I finally bought a pair of walking boots. Took them for a test over the weekend at a very muddy outdoor gig. Feet dry and very comfortable, which left me wondering why I'd never took the leap before. Wellies in comparison are horrific. They're currently drying under my stairs though and stink of shit even though I cleaned off all the mud when I got home. Any tips of getting the smell out of leather hiking boots?

1 hour ago, D-Low said:

I'm getting very concerned at how prepared everyone seems here. I've still not bought a single food item or beer can and starting to panic.

On the other hand I finally bought a pair of walking boots. Took them for a test over the weekend at a very muddy outdoor gig. Feet dry and very comfortable, which left me wondering why I'd never took the leap before. Wellies in comparison are horrific. They're currently drying under my stairs though and stink of shit even though I cleaned off all the mud when I got home. Any tips of getting the smell out of leather hiking boots?

Some good quality waterproofing dubbin type stuff and maybe something odour eatery

• Like 1

The hype is out of control. Took me about three hours to get to sleep after going to bed last night for mentally planning driving routes and working out what else I need to sort out before next week. Considering I start work at 5, I consider this sleep deprivation as prep in itself. 

Found waterproofing spray, extra ponchos and another portable charger which is now currently charging up. Put my ready-made cocktail mixes into the freezer ready to act as ice blocks :) 

Working from home today so I'm going to be 100% productive :ninja:

Used this morning to finalise my packing list. Been down in the garage and pulled my bergen off the shelf, and started piling up all the camping gear.  Dug out the useful little bots and pieces like my day wallet (on a chain, proper one stays in the lockup), found my cigarette butt wallet I picked up at BDs.  The last (I reckon) of the refreshers have gone into the vodka, will start on the werthers one at lunchtime.  Also confirmed that the trekking waistbelt is the right size to hold the steel water flasks, so reckon I'll be using that in the evenings and carrying the flavoured vodkas on each hip :lol:

3 minutes ago, sirjonnyp said:

Got permission from my partner to start my packing pile in the living room while she's away at a conference in Geneva this week. 

In which case this should give you carte blanche to bring that motorcycle engine refurb' indoors, and get cracking with both on the nice rug in the lounge.

• Upvote 1

Did a bit of shopping yesterday, got myself some travel tissues (I don't do wet wipes and they take up less space than toilet roll) and hydration salts (essential pre bed hangover cure). My cider order arrived last night so had some fun unpacking that and stashing it out the way so I don't get tempted to crack in to it early. And my lovely brother who's working near the festival for the week of has Kindly offered to take the majority of my drinks and camping equipment down in his van so I can have a lighter load on the coach, so working out the logistics of that. 

I will now spend the rest of my work day on the forums getting nothing done. Same as last week then...

2 hours ago, The Clearest Blue said:

After an incredible and boozy weekend seeing Elton in Cardiff on Saturday and Fleetwood Mac at Wembley on Sunday, I'd say I'm ready to keep the party going and get on that farm and continue dancing!

Which one do you think would go down better if they get one of them in next year?

2 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Which one do you think would go down better if they get one of them in next year?

OOOooo good question, from a selfish view I'd want Fleetwood Mac, I knew every song compared to around three or four from the Elton set I wasn't aware of and their one of my favourite bands. On a wider scale I would say the general public probably know more Elton songs than FM so maybe he would go down better, especially if Glasto were to get him as his final UK headliner performance or some such. I think it would be a close call, the media would more likely make a bigger deal of FM doing it than Elton, but I honestly couldn't call which would be a better crowd pleaser for sure.

• Upvote 1