What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

Jne___

4 minutes ago, Fork_UK said:

Bought the last of my bits today.  A little light for my tent, some anti-bac, loo roll and some new wellies, because MY seem to have disappeared into THIN AIR.  THIN AIR.  

The gods are telling you that you will no longer need them. 

1 hour ago, Deneva48 said:

To old to change our views, our lifestyle is not wasteful, we’re both careful. It’s no good blaming our past mistakes, you need to look at the the way the next generation lives today, some of those need educating on there lifestyle. It’s not the place to argue this on here, so I’m leaving it. I’m to old to be lectured to. END OFF. 

What a total contradiction.  "Too old to change our views", and then in the very next sentence, "You need to look at the the way the next generation lives today, some of those need educating on their lifestyle".

It is the place to argue this on here.  You come to a Glastonbury forum where all of us respect the festival, its ethos and what it stands for and say "I don't give a crap about any of that".  Your attitude stinks.  We can blame your past mistakes and you can make an effort to atone for them and make a difference, but you don't give a toss.  

It's making my blood boil just reading your posts.  I really hope you're a troll because if not, I wouldn't welcome you to the festival.  

Edited by Fork_UK
  • Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Fork_UK said:

What a total contradiction.  "Too old to change our views", and then in the very next sentence, "You need to look at the the way the next generation lives today, some of those need educating on their lifestyle".

It is the place to argue this on here.  You come to a Glastonbury forum where all of us respect the festival, its ethos and what it stands for and say "I don't give a crap about any of that".  Your attitude stinks.  We can blame your past mistakes and you can make an effort to atone for them and make difference, but you don't give a toss.  

It's making my blood boil just reading your posts.  I really hope you're a troll because if not, I wouldn't welcome you to the festival.  

Out of upvotes. I feel we're on the cusp of an avocado-based insult.

Also purchased a new solar power bank as I’m not convinced on the reliability of current one I own.  This is a belter if you are interested.  I put it in a map pouch and bungee on back of day sack.  It charges a treat when bumbling around the Bimble Inn..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0742BB7MG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is not a dig at anyone, but I would just like to add I don’t think any of us are too old to-change our views. For one my views have changed from a few years ago to the extent of my mates have nicked named me Dave Angel- Eco Warrior- fast show fans will get the reference.

Back on topic -Monday leave is now booked, Have fun all and let us all be in a happy place. 

Edited by keepad

35 minutes ago, Deneva48 said:

Your right about one thing.. I get sick to death of being told its a problem we have created, and I wont be lectured to on how I have lived or live my life now. You don't know how I live so have a @#~7$&&"! cheek to tell me to make an effort. I'm not a Troll, I came on here to ask a few questions. Its not only my age group who have not helped in this problem, a fair proportion of the youngster's of today are very wasteful. I wont change my ways, We do  recycle a bit of our every day household stuff, but that's it. I really couldn't be bothered  on you welcoming me to the festival, I've been going for the last 20 years, with no issues at all, I only go for the music and atmosphere, for that its the best festival in the world.  So Calm down, your rage is not helping global warming  ? Just enjoy life      I Know I Still Do  ( you only get one chance )

We're not lecturing you on what you've done in the past, only about your attitude to mucking in and improving the world going forward.  It's great that you recycle, all you need to do is take it just that little bit further. 

We're not saying don't ever use plastic - that's not practical, but perhaps simply re-using one bottle instead of buying 10 over the course of the festival.  If 250,000 people re-use one bottle instead of buying 10 each over the festival we've reduced the number of plastic bottles that will end up in landfill or the ocean by 2,250,000.

And your right - it's not only your age group - there are plenty of people my age and younger who exacerbate the problem.  So, why not be better than them?  

Edited by Fork_UK
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, gratefulbread said:

Packed the booze box to go on the trolley. That's cans of brew dog punk IPA, cans of Big Tom, box of red, several cans of espresso martini, two boxes of Wyld Wood cider, and three large pouches of pre mixed mojito (just add ice and mint, baby). 

IMG_20190616_204124.jpg

I had no idea you could get Big Tom in cans. This is a game changer! Thank you :) 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, gratefulbread said:

I too found that out in this thread. Can get them in bulk online or in store at Waitrose ✌️

Just ordered 24 cans from Amazon which will see me through the next couple of festivals and will save a lot of faff. Thanks again! 

10 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

Bought 4x4 packs of Ghost Ship which has now completed the booze shopping.

Took the dog for a long, hilly walk as physical prep

Dug this book out and started re-reading. Some good yarns in here...

oi dont forget looking at the local weather in taunton ... for the west indies v bangladesh match :)