What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

Jne___

Yet another walk - been out in rain, wind, sun, rain wind and sun combined over the past few weeks to break my boots in as my old pair decided to fall apart. Full on weather sim :)

Now I know what clothes won't keep me dry so they've been sorted. Not that I'll need them obvs.

1 hour ago, Charm said:

Kinda wish I’d got the backpack now so I could take it to the festival but I’m still pretty happy, it’s so shiny.

Charm x

http://1zzji52.jpg

Ahhhh it’s sooo pretty!!! 

Where did you order it from in the end? I haven’t ordered mine yet. Found some cheaper ones on eBay but worried they’re cheaper for a reason. 

2 minutes ago, CeriG said:

Ahhhh it’s sooo pretty!!! 

Where did you order it from in the end? I haven’t ordered mine yet. Found some cheaper ones on eBay but worried they’re cheaper for a reason. 

I got it from eBay in the end, think the quality is fine, I suspect the ones on the US site would be better but I’m happy for £15. 

Charm x

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F372670598140

Just now, Charm said:

I got it from eBay in the end, think the quality is fine, I suspect the ones on the US site would be better but I’m happy for £15. 

Charm x

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F372670598140

I’ve been umming & arring over where to buy it from. Thanks poppet. Deffo going to order one now ?

• Upvote 1

Strained by ginfusions and they're in freshly sterilised jars to keep until the grand decantation next weekend.

Going to send an email around to my department to bring me their 500ml plastic bottles instead of recycling them next week. :D

• Upvote 1

done some Glasto baking/bating   :) ..... a trial as I haven't baked anything for over 20 years ... turned out ok except the chocolate decided it didn't want to melt ... perfectly edible though for the entry queue ... shortbread caramel thingy 

IMG_3786.jpeg

Edited by crazyfool1

I've tried to distract myself from the weather and focused on making a few repairs to my repair electro fur. 

The lights it has in it are starting to fail so threaded another lot through. Unfortunately I'm not electrically minded enough to run them through the existing circuit board so they're not remote controlled but they aren't multi coloured so it doesn't make much odds. 

Still feel I need more lights.

20190613_225124.jpg

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

I've tried to distract myself from the weather and focused on making a few repairs to my repair electro fur. 

The lights it has in it are starting to fail so threaded another lot through. Unfortunately I'm not electrically minded enough to run them through the existing circuit board so they're not remote controlled but they aren't multi coloured so it doesn't make much odds. 

20190613_225124.jpg

I do admire all of you who go to such lengths.  I would love to but ..... in the end go for practicality which suits all conditions.  In other words I'm boring.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

20190613_225124.jpg

Love this, looks fab with the jacket. 

Charm x

2 minutes ago, Charm said:

Love this, looks fab with the jacket. 

Charm x

Thank you. Its the finest fashion all the way from China. 

I've learned that it's better to be bright and shiny so when I invariably get distracted  and drift away from my crew, I am quite illuminated so am easy to find.

I may be a liability at times, but at least I make it easier for my friends!

13 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Took delivery of almost all of this year’s t-shirts. One more left. 

EFAAB7D1-04F6-49F6-BD0F-D2780B574C43.jpeg

Now....Im intrigued :)

I was contemplating getting a t-shirt or two made up (in the hope I made the e-fests meet)....

Probably too late now

13 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Booked another physio session for tomorrow morning. 

I have a physio appt next Thursday....buggered my knee running the other week, its on the mend though....thank feck!

14 minutes ago, pauladam said:

I have a physio appt next Thursday....buggered my knee running the other week, its on the mend though....thank feck!

Wish I could say mine was on the mend but it still hurts like a bastard. Physio's advice is not to walk through loads of mud. he's on holiday all next week but I've booked in for the Monday before I go and will be doing all my exercises, using my newly bought tens machine and epsom salt bath to do everything I can to get better. Wish my injury was a cool one that displayed my sporting prowess but my back just went picking up the dogs water bowl and I got a full blown sciatica flare up from it. 

1 minute ago, gigpusher said:

Wish my injury was a cool one that displayed my sporting prowess but my back just went picking up the dogs water bowl and I got a full blown sciatica flare up from it. 

I hear you! - Mine was week 5 of the couch to 5k - I think my lower extremities (i.e. legs/knees) finally succumbed to the weight of the upper body and decided they had simple had enough of this sh*t 

So yeah....sporting prowess is not a word I would use to describe me :D

Just now, pauladam said:

I hear you! - Mine was week 5 of the couch to 5k - I think my lower extremities (i.e. legs/knees) finally succumbed to the weight of the upper body and decided they had simple had enough of this sh*t 

So yeah....sporting prowess is not a word I would use to describe me :D

I injured myself out running still sounds better than picking up a bowl.