What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

Jne___

Went to buy wellies..

.. realised I had gaiters..

.. so thought hiking boots would do..

.. downgraded to walking boots which I thought would be comfy..

.. then downgraded again to slightly ruggadised waterproof runners, which I bought!

To paraphrase Ron Burgundy, "that de-escalated quickly"..

Basically, I'm an idiot!

• Upvote 1

On 5/11/2019 at 11:37 AM, Sasperella said:

This blueberry/raspberry recipe - does it work well with vodka? I already have two gins, so thought it might be good to get some variety. Although, after a lot of bad experiences with vodka when I was younger, I am a little bit hesitant to reengage with it... 

Me too! Thanks for the reminder 

Should we be straining & decanting our gins yet? Mine's been on the go for 2 months now and the raspberry infusion is brilliant, pineapple will be saved for when slightly merry.

Or is it worth leaving it until next weekend?

Started to make up the goodie bags for the girls who are all virgins (only in the Glastonbury sense).

They each have..... a disco ball drinking cup, sheewee, biodegradable glitter, hand sanitizer, paper soap, Vaseline lip balm and some lollipops ? 

A0D3858E-D01F-4634-8787-A8B560B74F64.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

33 minutes ago, CeriG said:

Started to make up the goodie bags for the girls who are all virgins (only in the Glastonbury sense).

They each have..... a disco ball drinking cup, sheewee, biodegradable glitter, hand sanitizer, paper soap, Vaseline lip balm and some lollipops ? 

Such a great idea!

1 hour ago, CeriG said:

I love stuff like this. I bet you're just as excited to give them out as they will be to receive them as well!

bought a new sleeping bag as my one was 7 years old and seem to not survive too well over last summer. Getting a waterproof jacket tomorrow and then start buying the alcohol in. 2 x rum, 1 x vodka and 1 x sambuca and then some cider (wont just be all for me, is sharing) 

On 6/7/2019 at 5:06 PM, H.M.V said:

Aw mine would be missing within seconds trying to lick everyone. 

I keep thinking you're @Zoo Music Girl whenever I see the avatar. Most confusing. Lol :D 

Oh jeez, I'll see if I can change it. Didn't realise. In my defence I do look just like Mrs Mia Wallace , just curvier with big thick black glasses ? 

I'm leaving my child and my dog to go to Glastonbury and I know which one I'll miss the most ?

Packing list and final shopping list just about there.

Ticket at the post office to be collected.

Party supplies just about sorted.

T-shirt for the meet has arrived.

Plan is to get all the shopping done this weekend and get everything piled up in the garage. Then I'll probably just sit and stare at it and smile for a bit :D

12 hours ago, CeriG said:

That’s so sweet, what a lovely friend you are. 

Charm x

3 hours ago, Sezz said:

Oh jeez, I'll see if I can change it. Didn't realise. In my defence I do look just like Mrs Mia Wallace , just curvier with big thick black glasses ? 

I'm leaving my child and my dog to go to Glastonbury and I know which one I'll miss the most ?

So that means you'll be easier to recognise at the meet? ?

I'd bring the dogs in a heartbeat but reckon they'll have a better time with the mother in law and the big fields next door to her. 

11 hours ago, Peroni said:

Just had my Glastonbury newbies orientation session.

Had the map on the TV, talked through a few bits that have helped me over the years.  They seemed to enjoy it!

This has properly made me laugh but now I have questions. Did you line them up in a classroom stylee? Ask if there were any questions? Set a test? Make sure they took notes?