What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

Jne___

11 hours ago, Gedh said:

What sort and do they make a noticeable difference?

Cheap ones costing two quid from B&M!

They do work to a degree, used them before if it’s damp.

Made of plastic and chemicals so probably highly environmentally unsound ?

1 hour ago, Flysheet said:

Cheap ones costing two quid from B&M!

They do work to a degree, used them before if it’s damp.

Made of plastic and chemicals so probably highly environmentally unsound ?

Yes, the green thing did come to mind but to be honest I was just fascinated that you can had a great idea to help with - it's day 3 and everything feels a bit damp. 
It's amazing the range of prep you see. Some people look like they begrudgingly packed a tent and nothing else and others look like they have more stuff and luxuries that many homes....

Over the weekend bought marshmallows and maoam for sugar energy, added hip flask and funnel to 'the pile', bought my cider (Thatchers Haze, laaaarvely) and a few new items of clothing! Also leg day in the gym yesterday and shoulders this morning, trying to shed a few pounds and increase fitness to help my stamina!

This week is also brownie baking week and I will be testing them out on Friday!

Having joked for weeks with my husband about no injuries I bent down to pick up the dogs' water bowl and my back went. Cue full flare up of my sciatica; pain all the way down my left leg so I've just been for an emergency physio appointment and had a hot bath in my desperate attempt for this not to take 4 weeks to recover from like last time!!

I told the husband that he’s got to get the festival box down from the loft this evening. Then planning can commence. 

Have also done a Tesco order with a large number of 500ml bottles of water in it, so we can drink them all this week ready for decanting all our spirits into to transport to the festival.

5 hours ago, Gedh said:

Yes, the green thing did come to mind but to be honest I was just fascinated that you can had a great idea to help with - it's day 3 and everything feels a bit damp. 
It's amazing the range of prep you see. Some people look like they begrudgingly packed a tent and nothing else and others look like they have more stuff and luxuries that many homes....

Done lots of camping at various levels of luxury over the years. 

Entirely not my idea these dehumidifier things btw, blame the Mrs.

We test drove our air bed and battery pump this weekend as we had visitors - all good and packed away ready now ?

We also aired my partners tent...that hadnt been aired since Bearded Theory, last year...great tent...ripped when we were putting a pole in though ?, I think gaffer tape should fix it.. I hope it fixes it... ?

Only have a little food shop left to do now ?

On 6/8/2019 at 7:01 PM, Beerqueen said:

Awww that's kind of you.  Thanks.

after speaking to a few friends a place called the skewer house gets good recommendations... not been there myself but the vegetarian options limited to a veg and halloumi skewer for vegetarians and a veg skewer for vegans .... anyway thats pretty much all I got unfortunately ... have a look and see what you think https://www.skewerhousetaunton.co.uk

51 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

after speaking to a few friends a place called the skewer house gets good recommendations... not been there myself but the vegetarian options limited to a veg and halloumi skewer for vegetarians and a veg skewer for vegans .... anyway thats pretty much all I got unfortunately ... have a look and see what you think https://www.skewerhousetaunton.co.uk

Cheers - I'll have a look and forward the link to my daughter.

Our tickets arrived today and after I excitedly signed for them I held my hand up to “high-five” the postie, who looked at me with warranted bemusement, so I’m going to move house to avoid further embarrassment.

• Upvote 4

21 hours ago, kaytee... said:

Just ordered some of this.  It's been a while since I last partook.  

Just need my ticket now and I'm all set.

Just got all the leftover bunting (left over from our wedding) from the loft type area. Might have a tad too much but happy to donate some. Ordered our awning and fairy lights arrived today. So the cocktail caravan is going to look very jolly. :D 

Wish I had the design skills to get a customised flag (for camp only) but seems like a faff. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, H.M.V said:

Just got all the leftover bunting (left over from our wedding) from the loft type area. Might have a tad too much but happy to donate some. Ordered our awning and fairy lights arrived today. So the cocktail caravan is going to look very jolly. :D 

Wish I had the design skills to get a customised flag (for camp only) but seems like a faff. 

Cocktail caravan is going to look so pretty!! Eeek I’m excited!!

Really productive Glastonbury day: 

- Found wellies that fit my fiance's ridiculous rugby player legs. (It's his first Glastonbury and he was adamant he didn't need any. ? Threatened to leave him at home unless he bought some)

- Dug out the camping stove etc, purchased some solar powered fairy lights, started the pile of things to pack in the spare room.

- We also received our pass for the accessible campervan field, that I'm staying in for the first time this year. Still no sign of the actual tickets though... ?

Printed out my coach ticket.  I was going through my inbox at the weekend, deleting stuff and got paranoid that I may delete it in error so immediately sent it straight to my other two email addresses.  I'm not sure why I didn't do all this weeks ago when it came.  Especially as the email browser thingy on my new laptop seems to empty the deleted folder within 10 seconds of anything going in there.  (I have stopped using it for this reason but am scared how easy it was to lose things permanently! 

3 minutes ago, hiddengem said:

Really productive Glastonbury day: 

- Found wellies that fit my fiance's ridiculous rugby player legs. (It's his first Glastonbury and he was adamant he didn't need any. ? Threatened to leave him at home unless he bought some)

- Dug out the camping stove etc, purchased some solar powered fairy lights, started the pile of things to pack in the spare room.

- We also received our pass for the accessible campervan field, that I'm staying in for the first time this year. Still no sign of the actual tickets though... ?

I’d have listened to him and gone with some decent walking boots