What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

Jne___

16 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Better to find that out now than down on the farm. 

True, gigpusher, true. 

Just annoying that was ‘ready’* and splashed out for new batteries! 

*As in, other than packing my clothes, I’m good to go! 

16 minutes ago, The Clearest Blue said:

Spent the entire weekend packing all my life into boxes, the decision to get the house move out of the way before Glastonbury is starting to seem stupid! How do I have so much sh*t?! I’ve cheated so much off the charity shops it’s unreal, I never realised I was such a hoarder! But one step closer to the fest now!

Oh my god, ditto. I’ve just moved and can’t face unpacking all the shit I’ve gathered. I also can’t afford to buy new stuff for Glasto so better get my act together soon! 

1 minute ago, LMK said:

Oh my god, ditto. I’ve just moved and can’t face unpacking all the shit I’ve gathered. I also can’t afford to buy new stuff for Glasto so better get my act together soon! 

It’s hard work isn’t it?! I’ve been cleansing all my stuff as I’m off travelling at the end of the year so no point holding onto stuff just for another six months.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Woffy said:

True, gigpusher, true. 

Just annoying that was ‘ready’* and splashed out for new batteries! 

*As in, other than packing my clothes, I’m good to go! 

At a far more advanced state than me then. Well done!!

8 hours ago, sedra said:

General rule when you have too many piles is to take half the clothes and double your money. Always tricky with Glastonbury packing though as you need to be prepared for all weathers plus camping gear! Good Luck! 

Right, so I'm packing for a cold rainy year which will guarentee it's nice out. 

My other issue is that im heading to Greece for 10 days before where it's going to be about 31 deg every day. I need to fit 2 trips into 1 backpack. 

5 hours ago, H.M.V said:

Has anyone used one of these for the campsite? Have no intention of taking them to any stages but they look so comfy for a bit of a chill back at camp. 

812lakKOGtL._SY355_.jpg

I brought one in 2016 and there was weirdly no wind at all the first few days that year and I couldn't get it inflated. 2017 my mate brought one and it was super windy, got it inflated easy, and it was nice to lounge around on. 

I wont carry the weight again, but if my mate is bringing hers I'll be happy...but where you have a CV I would say get it for sure!

Been trying to work out how to maximise the cooling in the Armadillo caravan.  I have a 12v 55watt Coolbox and a half decent separate lead acid battery that will run  it for ~15 hours, so I found a cheap 12v timer on eBay and set it to run 20mins on and 70 mins off since the first 20 mins cooling is the most effective.  That allows it to run for almost 3 days, which when coupled with lots of 'ice bricks' and pre cooled contents and a 2.4watt trickle solar panel should do the trick. Also I put contents in a freezer bag inside the Coolbox for extra insulation....

IMG_20190608_083642987.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skelts said:

A bought a bottle of ice cold water and emptied it down the front of my shorts. It was bliss!

Was that at the festival or part of your preparation today? ?

Edited by Gedh
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

Started on my ice production .... different sized cubes so I can pack it in nicely around my frozen cider cans 

I’m imagining a kind of dry stone wall precision and skill being deployed 

1 minute ago, morph100 said:

I’m imagining a kind of dry stone wall precision and skill being deployed 

exactly ...the  larger  the gaps the faster it will melt is my theory .. not sure if its scientific or not .....was thinking about taking it into work and just freezing it all into one solid ice cube in a supermarket storage freezer .. but once ive left... im on holiday so ideally dont want to return after the friday of the week before 

My update is a lot more mundane. Went to Go Outdoors in Penrith to buy walking socks, kettle and coolbox. Total failure. They had no socks less than size 12, loads of totally crap kettles and only massive cool boxes. Back to trusty (ish) on-line shopping.

24 minutes ago, Paul_F said:

My update is a lot more mundane. Went to Go Outdoors in Penrith to buy walking socks, kettle and coolbox. Total failure. They had no socks less than size 12, loads of totally crap kettles and only massive cool boxes. Back to trusty (ish) on-line shopping.

If you don't already know, shopping on Amazon can be done via the Shop link above, and gets this site some referral money.

• Like 2