What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

Jne___

5 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Has anyone used one of these for the campsite? Have no intention of taking them to any stages but they look so comfy for a bit of a chill back at camp. 

812lakKOGtL._SY355_.jpg

They're great, just watch out if you're running to fill it up with air in the morning. The grass is wet and slippery and I found this out while in the overnight queue in 2017, much to everybodies delight.

9 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Has anyone used one of these for the campsite? Have no intention of taking them to any stages but they look so comfy for a bit of a chill back at camp. 

812lakKOGtL._SY355_.jpg

ive seen videos of people trying to fill them with air ... not so easy ( as above :) ) 

Edited by crazyfool1

14 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

812lakKOGtL._SY355_.jpg

You do need a bit of room to fill them with air which you might not have back at your campsite

Husband and I had our annual debate in Asda (other supermarkets and cider stockists are available) about how much cider to take where invariably he says double what I was thinking/we can reasonably manouever from the car park. Every year he's right though so we now have 80 cans for the two of us (I've only drunk 2 pints so far this entire year ??)

Today was the only day I had free between now and the festival to air the tent out and by some stroke of luck the suns out! 

Its not been out for 2 years (the tent, not the sun but it feels like it) and I've just found an open bag of haribo stuck to the side with various glitters and what I think is mini cheddars but i'm not sure.

Also picked up some rhubarb vodka and a litre of JD for 20 quid in Tesco. It's nearly here!!

20190609_142721.jpg

Edited by kaytee...

5 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

Today was the only day I had free between now and the festival to air the tent out and by some stroke of luck the suns out! 

Its not been out for 2 years (the tent, not the sun but it feels like it) and I've just found an open bag of haribo stuck to the side with various glitters and what I think is mini cheddars but i'm not sure.

Also picked up some rhubarb vodka and a litre of JD for 20 quid in Tesco. It's nearly here!!

20190609_142721.jpg

I once found a cooked sausage inside my about four years after it had last been used. It was remarkably well preserved.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, duke88 said:

I once found a cooked sausage inside my about four years after it had last been used. It was remarkably well preserved.

? I felt like a cooked sausage cleaning the tent out its so warm. Dont know how we managed in 32 degree heat last time

Started charging up phone chargers, got husband to pick out some clothes as he's away the week before the fesival so need to be a bit more organised. Been listening to the playlist and adding to the line up. Getting even more shafted with clashes. Plus side is no matter what the weather I have things I want to see.

42 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

ts not been out for 2 years (the tent, not the sun but it feels like it) and I've just found an open bag of haribo stuck to the side with various glitters and what I think is mini cheddars but i'm not sure.

ive heard 2 year matured harribo and rhubarb vodka is lovely :) 

1 hour ago, duke88 said:

I had to get changed after putting up the tent in 2017. Was absolutely drenched.

I did that. Nearly passed out (no exaggeration after struggling in the queue). Would have been a shocking start to the festival... Moreso for the unlucky soul that found my unconscious, semi clothed state... 

Spent the entire weekend packing all my life into boxes, the decision to get the house move out of the way before Glastonbury is starting to seem stupid! How do I have so much sh*t?! I’ve cheated so much off the charity shops it’s unreal, I never realised I was such a hoarder! But one step closer to the fest now!

4 hours ago, H.M.V said:

812lakKOGtL._SY355_.jpg

I took one in 2017 with my youngest. Of an evening around the greenfields I’d run around like an idiot and fill it. We would then sit at the back of the small stages and listen to whoever was on and watch the world. 

It was ace!

id recommend them

Watched the Lost in Vagueness documentary.

Having trouble getting into Glasto this year (not unusual, feel like this approx 50% of the time) and the documentaries are a good way of getting into it :)

5 minutes ago, drunk pumpkin said:

I took one in 2017 with my youngest. Of an evening around the greenfields I’d run around like an idiot and fill it. We would then sit at the back of the small stages and listen to whoever was on and watch the world. 

It was ace!

id recommend them

Brilliant, I've sat in one before and super comfy but wasn't sure if they are likely to rip or what have ye. Ordered now. Thanks. :D