What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

Jne___

10 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

I ordered a tent and lightweight inflatable mattress from decathlon. I also tried to order a power bank on amazon but none of the sellers ship to Ireland :(

Do you not know anyone that lives over here that's going as well that could take it for you if you get it sent there. 

14 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

I ordered a tent and lightweight inflatable mattress from decathlon. I also tried to order a power bank on amazon but none of the sellers ship to Ireland :(

Are you coming to the meet? I’m happy for it to be delivered to me and I’ll bring it fully charged. 

• Upvote 3

Forgot to take the batteries out of the tiny torches from 2016. Looked at the corroded mess and ordered new ones. 

Couldn't find my poncho so started perusing the interweb. Not pulling the lever until The Weather Thread gives me an answer as to need. 

Lined up the boots, gaiters, boot socks, trainers and associated socks and sandals (without socks) - also awaiting the verdict. 

Started looking for an interesting waterproof hat for my massive noggin. 

Phew. 

4 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

Ok so I've now got about 6 piles, and everything I'm taking is organized into the piles.... but I dont think all 6 piles will fit into my backpack, so over the next couple days I have some decisions to make. 

I LEAVE IN 3 DAYS!!!

Just take your ticket and credit card and see how things pan out. 

We’ve been watching some of Barbster 360’s Glastonbury vlogs on YouTube. 

Not normally into vlogs, but I really like theirs. They both really seem to love the festival, it’s well edited and shows off a lot of the parts of the festival many would never see. 

Worth a watch to get you in the mood. 

1 hour ago, MetaKate said:

Ok so I've now got about 6 piles, and everything I'm taking is organized into the piles.... but I dont think all 6 piles will fit into my backpack, so over the next couple days I have some decisions to make. 

I LEAVE IN 3 DAYS!!!

General rule when you have too many piles is to take half the clothes and double your money. Always tricky with Glastonbury packing though as you need to be prepared for all weathers plus camping gear! Good Luck! 

10 hours ago, H.M.V said:

Just bought these so I can decant some nice liquid soap to carry around and also some perfume. 

Postie is gonna hate me next week. Prep is picking up a gear and I can almost smell the long drops. ?

Screenshot_20190609-020830.png

Just make sure they're actually leakproof first. I've used things like that before and my stuff has gone everywhere. 

16 minutes ago, barkley87 said:

Just make sure they're actually leakproof first. I've used things like that before and my stuff has gone everywhere. 

Oh, good call. I'll pop them in a bag in a bag and shake them around and make sure they are adequate. Thanks. 

I rang my in laws and found out all the camping equipment I had left there when I moved to Asia had been 'lost', so just had to spend a few hundred quid on everything. Annoying and exciting at the same time. Lots of great advice for bargains from the forum to soften the cash blow too.