What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

Jne___

19 minutes ago, CeriG said:

Am now going to have to add another purchase!!! These bags are cool as hell! They light up under flash/lights ?

I’m going to have the back pack ??

https://luminesk.com/

897E81EA-2F99-482B-A5FF-18971F8FF51E.jpeg

Wow that is so beautiful, not sure if I can afford the handbag right now but feel I really really need it, just put it in the basket and the postage isn’t too expensive, will decide in the morning. 

Charm x

1 minute ago, Charm said:

Wow that is so beautiful, not sure if I can afford the handbag right now but feel I really really need it, just put it in the basket and the postage isn’t too expensive, will decide in the morning. 

Charm x

I have put it in the basket and not purchased yet too. 

Im wondering if to now have the criss cross bag so I can use it more often than I would the back pack. 

The reviews are amazing! They’re all so pretty ?

18 minutes ago, Charm said:

Charm x

Just looked on eBay and looooads cheaper.... just type in luminous bags 

9 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Went to Go Outdoors the other day. I was tempted to get a bigger tent to make my girlfriends first time a little easier. The issue I have is that as much as I like the one we both saw... I can’t help but feel it’s oversized for 2 people. I think I’d feel like we were taking up too much space you know? What are people’s thoughts on this? 

EDIT: Don’t pay too much attention to the price. He doesn’t know it yet but I’m hoping my Uncle will let me use his staff discount.

AB4D1C00-58A4-4D00-8048-167ADEB001BC.jpeg

We have this in blue. It’s been a great purchase that has seen us through 3 festivals and 3 camping trips so far, with plenty more life in it. 

I’m 6’ 3” so being able to stand whilst getting dressed is a huge bonus! 

Yesterday my wife and I entered heavy negotiations as to who we’ll see. 

It’s one thing having clashes, having to decide between two people’s favoured itinerary is another matter!

We’ve never had to do this as we’ve always been in a bigger group, this year it’s just the two of us. 

Anybody else in the same boat? 

9 minutes ago, nikkic said:

It’s one thing having clashes, having to decide between two people’s favoured itinerary is another matter!

We’ve never had to do this as we’ve always been in a bigger group, this year it’s just the two of us. 

I’m not sure I see a problem. Just go your separate ways when you need to, then meet up again. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, nikkic said:

We have this in blue. It’s been a great purchase that has seen us through 3 festivals and 3 camping trips so far, with plenty more life in it. 

I’m 6’ 3” so being able to stand whilst getting dressed is a huge bonus! 

We've just bought essentially the same tent but made by a different brand. 

Went for a trial run with a tent we were planning on borrowing last night, and found it had holes in it! 

So on to Argos to buy this. Very much looking forward to being able to stand up inside! 

A little porch area seemed essential too - you don’t want to be bringing muddy wellies etc into your sleeping area if events transpire! 

Only £66 and paid for with PayPal balance from selling old tat on depop! 

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8686361

Edited by blutarsky
Added link

I had a think on the way to work this morning that I really should get the tent out and have a look. It hasn't seen the light of day since Glasto '16 (the apocalypse). I think I gave it a rinse when we got home but can't be sure...

Do I get it out to check and deal with the inevitable or do I just hope for the best once we get there? I'm currently more towards hoping for the best ?

About to do an "small-ish" order on Amazon and am convinced I'm missing some obvious festival go-to's or must-buy's..

Am CV'ing it so no tent related purchases needed.

- Gaiters - check! (though we won't need them! *crosses-fingers*)
- Stainless Steel Pint Glasses - check! (are they selling them on site this year? See no mention of it anywhere and no longer in Glasto online store)
- Stainless Steel Wine Glasses - check!
- Science In Sport Hydration Tables - check! (well reviewed alternative to Diarolyte)

Anyone any small but essential purchases they've done recently?

Also got this bad boy printed last week for under a tenner..

61427326-2349632958614684-8009249400058544128-n.jpg

Edited by basquille
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, tjchittt86 said:

I had a think on the way to work this morning that I really should get the tent out and have a look. It hasn't seen the light of day since Glasto '16 (the apocalypse). I think I gave it a rinse when we got home but can't be sure...

Do I get it out to check and deal with the inevitable or do I just hope for the best once we get there? I'm currently more towards hoping for the best ?

Always check it, I didn’t one time and had to spend the night in a leaking mouldy tent, was horrible, luckily it was just for one night. 

Charm x

5 hours ago, nikkic said:

Yeah me. As you will have no doubt read, hubby wants to see Chems. Nightmare. I know people say go separate ways but I enjoy experiences shared with other people (especially him) so that doesn’t work for me.

We’ve just decided not to talk about the HC/Chems fiasco until we have to.

2 hours ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Yeah me. As you will have no doubt read, hubby wants to see Chems. Nightmare. I know people say go separate ways but I enjoy experiences shared with other people (especially him) so that doesn’t work for me.

We’ve just decided not to talk about the HC/Chems fiasco until we have to.

Same here, we won’t be going our separate ways, would rather spend time with my wife than be alone.

We have fairly similar music tastes so only a few things we can’t decide at the moment. 

We saw Chems and HC at APE, both were amazing, so either way I know you’ll have fun. 

For me the lure is The Park, never seen a headliner there and can’t think of a better band to break us in.

Good luck with the negotiations! 

On 6/4/2019 at 8:32 AM, tjchittt86 said:

Get it out.

So to speak 

I reluctantly trialled mine last week and realised I hadn't fitted the tent poles back in the bag since last time. Imagine finding that out with the wife and kids on site ?

• Upvote 1