What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

Jne___

23 minutes ago, PaintedInSand said:

Can't wait! I'm not touching it until the Monday before I leave. What do you suggest to strain it? Muslin cloth? Or coffee filters?

I sieved it then used coffee filters. Muslin cloth seems to get good reviews so I’m gonna use that for the pineapple/vanilla tequila I’ve got on the go. 

2 minutes ago, keepad said:

Sat in my garden trying to get use to  the Sun, also listening to Sir Robins play list on Spotify so I can work my must sees.

?

I’ve moved on to Lauren leverne from yesterday morning on the farm now, a great listen if you haven’t already heard it?

Got some "supplies" for making brownies which I will make and run a test of before the fest ?

Also tested my new tent and it's staying up overnight. Should be pretty perfect and cosy for me (it's a 2 man).

32 minutes ago, EMorgz92 said:

Got some "supplies" for making brownies which I will make and run a test of before the fest ?

Also tested my new tent and it's staying up overnight. Should be pretty perfect and cosy for me (it's a 2 man).

Just be careful you don't cook all of the good "supplies" out of the brownies whilst preparing. Made for a giggly visit to the doctors back in '09 (Not related: I'd already booked in for a travel vaccination) and then a sleep inducing brownie consumption at the Fest ?

• Like 1

In about 2010 I had a house party at my uni house in Worcs. Someone left s sleeping bag behind. For years, I've asked every bugger who stepped foot in our house (50 odd mates) who's it was, to no response. I've used this sleeping bag for every Glasto and every camping sesh - it's like NASA made it. Unbelievable. I've gone to get it out my loft today for a practice pack... and the zip is broke! I've rang a shop who does zip/clothes alterations to see if he can fix it and I've gotta take it in Monday. This is serious businees. It will be a sad day if I can't take that beast.

Good story or....?

• Upvote 1

We're having a festival themed birthday party for my 3-year-old son today. I've managed to make a playlist entirely of acts playing this year, but one that is also suitable for the demographic. 

3-year-olds like IDLES right? 

17 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Is the Julien Temple film available anywhere to stream online?  I've got the DVD but my player's broken.

I don’t think so. I’ve searched high and low but can’t find it.

We have it on DVD too but are in the same predicament.

7 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

In about 2010 I had a house party at my uni house in Worcs. Someone left s sleeping bag behind. For years, I've asked every bugger who stepped foot in our house (50 odd mates) who's it was, to no response. I've used this sleeping bag for every Glasto and every camping sesh - it's like NASA made it. Unbelievable. I've gone to get it out my loft today for a practice pack... and the zip is broke! I've rang a shop who does zip/clothes alterations to see if he can fix it and I've gotta take it in Monday. This is serious businees. It will be a sad day if I can't take that beast.

Good story or....?

#prayforstokesyssleepingbag

I’m commending your decision to get it fixed rather than throw it out. Better for the environment innit.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

Good story or....?

Stokesy, I’ve got zero idea how they work as I wasn’t paying attention, but I mentioned on here somewhere that I’d bought a load of cheap camping stuff from The Range. When there I noticed they had some sort of emergency camping zip repair kit. Perhaps try that?

Edit: here it is...but it gives sod all info. on how to use it. 

Edited by Woffy
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Is the Julien Temple film available anywhere to stream online?  I've got the DVD but my player's broken.

It definitely is, because I've mentioned to my OH that we wont have to faff with the DVD, but cant remember which off the top of my head ?. Amazon Prime Video, maybe?