What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

Jne___

50 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Snap. 

Yesterday was worse though....a constant refresh of EFestivals even though most people weren't at work and the site was thus largely a barren waste land

I’m always amazed at how busy this site is when people are working :) wonder if the countries productivity would improve without efests :) 

3 hours ago, nikkic said:

Well I’ve started to get a little excited.

My wife and I currently don’t have tickets, but a friend who works in the industry has just told me there’s a 50/50 chance he can get us hospitality tickets. 

So, after giving up all hope, I now have some! 

Update..... We both now have tickets!!!!

We tried for tickets last October but weren't lucky. 

A few months later my wife became pregnant so we weren't fussed about missing out. A very shitty 10-week pregnancy was followed by a miscarriage, which we were obviously devastated about. 

Decided to try for tickets in the resale to have a bit of a blow out but were again unlucky. 

Then a few days ago my friend, who is a booking agent said he may be able to sort two tickets. They've now been confirmed. 

I am down as one of his DJs photographers, so have to take photos for him when he's playing (not my forte but I'll learn fast). 

But fuck it, we're going to Glastonbury!!!!!

So emotional right now. 

• Like 11
  • Upvote 22

4 minutes ago, nikkic said:

A few months later my wife became pregnant so we weren't fussed about missing out. A very shitty 10-week pregnancy was followed by a miscarriage, which we were obviously devastated about. 

Decided to try for tickets in the resale to have a bit of a blow out but were again unlucky. 

Then a few days ago my friend, who is a booking agent said he may be able to sort two tickets. They've now been confirmed. 

I am down as one of his DJs photographers, so have to take photos for him when he's playing (not my forte but I'll learn fast). 

So emotional right now. 

fave thing I've read all day. Made up for you both. 

9 minutes ago, nikkic said:

So emotional right now. 

Amazing!

Congrats to you both!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, nikkic said:

So emotional right now. 

excellent news .. upvoted this news twice today ... :) 

57 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

@nikkic super happy for you!!! But also, really sorry to hear about the miscarriage ?. Hope you guys are ok - hopefully this news is the perfect tonic x

Just to echo Phoenix Girl. Really hope you have a special time.

A new photography career awaits me thinks

Edited by fred quimby

5 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

I usually take too many jumpers/fleeces so I am taking only one thin, one thick (and maybe one medium) - they can be worn more than once.  Ditto trousers, one thin pair, one thick, one pair of shorts, couple of leggings that can be worn under these if it gets cold.  4 t-shirts - at least one can be worn twice.  No dress - I don't need it.  One RAB style puffer jacket thing and one pac a mac.  Socks, knickers, PJs, DMs, sandals and wellies.  Covers every eventuality.  Oh and festival hat of course.  Plus odds and sods, toileteries etc. and tent, light, torch, sleeping bag, liner, pillow and roll mat.  Plastic tankard and carabiners.  Job done I think.

Good work, it seems so simple when you put it like that....

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

So emotional right now. 

Amazing news!

You’ll have to share your photography portfolio with us when we all get back :lol: 

7 hours ago, amyg1990 said:

Weldone you! So have I!
No booze now until Thurs 27th June, which coincidentally will be  a month from when I started!

Good Luck! Lets spur each other on!

If anything it'll boost our immune systems!

I’ve gone from drinking pretty much a bottle of wine every night (2 at the weekends) to having no booze at all for the last 3 weeks. I feel so much better for it. Sleeping better, concentrate better at work and have lost half a stone!! 

I’m going to try and just have a few drinks in the evenings at Glastonbury rather than my usual “crack a drink at lunch”

good luck!!!! ?? 

13 hours ago, CeriG said:

I’ve gone from drinking pretty much a bottle of wine every night (2 at the weekends) to having no booze at all for the last 3 weeks. I feel so much better for it. Sleeping better, concentrate better at work and have lost half a stone!! 

I’m going to try and just have a few drinks in the evenings at Glastonbury rather than my usual “crack a drink at lunch”

good luck!!!! ?? 

Wow half a stone! Weldone you!

haha good luck with the evening boozing too! I dont think thats going to happen for me, although it s v good idea!

16 hours ago, nikkic said:

So emotional right now. 

So sorry about the miscarriage. I hope a trip to Glastonbury is the perfect tonic for the sad times you've been through. Hugs to you both. 

1 minute ago, shuttlep said:

Order some leggings with cats on 

so if you see  a twat in a sparkly hat with cart leggings on 

that will be me, I would tell you to say hello, but probs best if you run for the hills

I like to say hello to other twats in hats ... so I will be saying hello :) 

Yesterday I made a new flag :) have rediscovered my textile skills and got myself a lovely Husqy sewing machine for a wing and a song and a drive to Bath to meet a lovely lady who was as bonkers as me. I've been loving having that fix'n'make option again.

Was just a test one, but has been up flying in the wind for 24hrs now and the chosen construction seems rock solid. New swivel is glorious, just need to make the new light now