What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

Jne___

4 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Today I'm going to go and see my Dad at his historical reenactment society. I haven't been since I was about 12 (which was when I decided it really wasn't very cool), but I think it will mostly involve sitting about on bales of hay drinking overly strong scrumpy cider. Plus it's beautifully sunny, so great Glastonbury practice ?

Agree that this weekend is a great opportunity to get in some"drinking in the sun" practice  before the main event 

On Thursday, I walked about 12 miles for a work charity thing. Now dealing with blisters and sore muscles so I decided today to walk some painful miles in preparation for the big G.

The tent has also had an airing today and it seems to be in good nick.

Life is swell ?

Bought some bungee cords and first lot of booze from Aldi- some tins of peach and mango cider and rhubarb and ginger cider and a bottle of coconut and vanilla "rum liquer" which is 20% vol and really tasty. Reckon I can just drink this neat to top myself up!

Also started the Glasto Pile in the spare room! Rucksack, day bag and bum bag, waterproof, sleeping bag and roll mat!

On 5/24/2019 at 4:46 PM, craggybucket said:

May have ordered myself a custom pair of anniversary leggings.

wp1899637.jpg

My wife'd love 'em.. where from?

11 minutes ago, EMorgz92 said:

Bought some bungee cords and first lot of booze from Aldi- some tins of peach and mango cider and rhubarb and ginger cider and a bottle of coconut and vanilla "rum liquer" which is 20% vol and really tasty. Reckon I can just drink this neat to top myself up!

Also started the Glasto Pile in the spare room! Rucksack, day bag and bum bag, waterproof, sleeping bag and roll mat!

How much was the rum thing? Might give that a blast. Sounds like something that would have to be neat!

6 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Apologies that was meant to be said In a not serious way but can see how it can be taken the other ... absolutely agree with you . Crumbs my memory is shocking so apologies for that too

No worries. It just got my hackles up. I always hated sewing so it's not something I want to do in my spare time. There are many avenues for creativity and delighted you have found yours. It's doesn't negate the possibility of being individual if you buy off the rack. It's all in how you rock it.

Seeyou at the meet for a drink. We're almost family eh? Same surname and all. ?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, vintagelaureate said:

How much was the rum thing? Might give that a blast. Sounds like something that would have to be neat!

Tenner for 50cl! So not mega cheap but tasty!

29 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

No worries. It just got my hackles up. I always hated sewing so it's not something I want to do in my spare time. There are many avenues for creativity and delighted you have found yours. It's doesn't negate the possibility of being individual if you buy off the rack. It's all in how you rock it.

Seeyou at the meet for a drink. We're almost family eh? Same surname and all. ?

of course it doesn't .... plenty better at rocking an over 40s look than me :) ... can't say the sewing is great fun ... in fact its the worst bit ..... see you at the meet :) 

Started a detox! I’ve been drinking way too much recently and I want to have a much healthier three weeks before leaving for England. A period off the booze will help me feel much better about myself and put me in a good place to enjoy the festival. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

I’m starting the packing today , next weekend I, busy and then that’s it, leaving for Glasto 

music is on and I am totally giddy today ?????

I’m also really giddy!! The “one month to go” posts on Instagram haven’t helped. I’ve told myself that I’m not allowed to start packing until June. Hurry up June!!! 

17 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

I’ve been wanting to do another test tent pitch but this time sort all the guide ropes so they are right sized to speed up the pitch. 

For the past few weekend when it comes to the time that I want to do it, it has been raining, including today. 

Ditto! I've got a week for now (the last before Glastonbury) so I need a days good weather!

36 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Went to Asda today and saw they’re selling self inflating mattresses which would certainly be easier to carry there and back than an air bed but they don’t look particularly thick/comfortable.

Anyone used one before?

will have a look in the morning and see what I think ... but if its the same quality as the tents they sell I wouldn't bother 

57 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Went to Asda today and saw they’re selling self inflating mattresses which would certainly be easier to carry there and back than an air bed but they don’t look particularly thick/comfortable.

Anyone used one before?

I don’t know about the asda ones but I bought this from amazon last year and slept 4 nights on it. It’s as comfortable as an air bed and you don’t get that layer of cold air either. That and it packs up really small too https://www.amazon.co.uk/SGODDE-Inflating-Inflatable-Waterproof-Comfortable/dp/B079FZTC93