What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

Jne___

33 minutes ago, Charm said:

Took delivery of a very pretty but I suspect completely useless raincoat, hoping I won’t need it to work and can just walk around in it being shiny.

Charm x

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F123339495787

Ooo pretty! I wish more waterproofs were actually that!

On 5/22/2019 at 3:39 PM, stuartbert two hats said:

"Well, I introduced myself as Quark to a slightly deaf, slightly dim person from the forums who didn't hear my name, but just nodded, then later on I introduced myself to someone else and the dim person overheard and realised I was Quark, so I asked him if he thought I said 'Mark', and he just nodded because he was too embarrassed to admit he'd not heard or really been paying attention when I said my name the first time. Then someone else decided my name was now 'Mark Quark'".

What's so stupid about that?

Well when you put it like that...

Treated myself to one of these absolute beauties ???. They're not cheap, but they are eco friendly, support a small business, and seem like they're made to last! Defo an investment ☺. 

https://www.carnyvalley.com/

Capture+_2019-05-24-14-17-08.png

Capture+_2019-05-24-14-17-48.png

Edited by gfest2009
(Of course, I wont need it for Glasto as it'll be so sunny, but a good piece for the rest of the year too ?)

On 5/22/2019 at 11:17 PM, stuartbert two hats said:

You've spurred me into action, I've just bought 90 of the cheap ones to hand out during the Chems.?

Where'd you get 'em from Stu?  Trying to avoid using Amazon for mine if I can. Rave Cave looking like the best option atm...

31 minutes ago, Quark said:

Where'd you get 'em from Stu?  Trying to avoid using Amazon for mine if I can. Rave Cave looking like the best option atm...

Amazon. But be warned, the first batch appear to be children's sized, so are a bit... wraparound. I've got some more arriving in a few days. We'll see how they are.

I got the 2017 lot from a dedicated flashing light/rainbow gear on-line shop, but I couldn't find the original order so just went straight through Amazon. I'll have quick Google, see if I can find it.

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I think this is where I got them from last time:

https://www.glow.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=Glasses

Sweet, for some reason I couldn't find them when  I checked glow last time.

Getting me some LEDs and a shit ton of these to dish out.  Going to treat myself to a slightly more permanent pair :)

On 5/23/2019 at 5:59 PM, crazyfool1 said:

all these recommendations people are taking up ... people are going to be hard to tell apart at the meet :) 

You don't have a monopoly on individuality because you add lights to your costumes. Some people can wear regular clothes and rock their individuality just as well. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, H.M.V said:

You don't have a monopoly on individuality because you add lights to your costumes. Some people can wear regular clothes and rock their individuality just as well. 

Started the weekend early ?

5 hours ago, H.M.V said:

I wasn’t serious ....hence the smiley of course they can ... and feel free to have a look where I have given upvotes to individuality over the many years of being on here ... come and talk to me at the meet and you might discover this :) 

Edited by crazyfool1
Added last sentence

I got some overproof rum as a present so cracked it open to sample it as was considering taking it to the festival. Glad I did as it is lethal (63%) and struggled with it so think it will be left at home now to sit at the back of the cupboard until it gets found at this time next year. 

8 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

I wasn’t serious ....hence the smiley of course they can ... and feel free to have a look where I have given upvotes to individuality over the many years of being on here ... come and talk to me at the meet and you might discover this :) 

No you implied that everyone was going to look the same if they bought stuff. As links were shared. Go and read your comment again. Not everyone has the time nor inclination to make their own outfits. It doesn't mean you can't look individual in bought clothes. It's down to how you wear it. 

Oh and myself and my husband did meet you. You obviously don't remember. 

received_1516397645162988.jpeg

2 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

No you implied that everyone was going to look the same if they bought stuff. As links were shared. Go and read your comment again. Not everyone has the time nor inclination to make their own outfits. It doesn't mean you can't look individual in bought clothes. It's down to how you wear it. 

Oh and myself and my husband did meet you. You obviously don't remember. 

received_1516397645162988.jpeg

Apologies that was meant to be said In a not serious way but can see how it can be taken the other ... absolutely agree with you . Crumbs my memory is shocking so apologies for that too

• Like 2

Today I'm going to go and see my Dad at his historical reenactment society. I haven't been since I was about 12 (which was when I decided it really wasn't very cool), but I think it will mostly involve sitting about on bales of hay drinking overly strong scrumpy cider. Plus it's beautifully sunny, so great Glastonbury practice ?