What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

Jne___

1 hour ago, ravermum said:

Empowering three-year-olds is infinitely possible and I think seeing your Dad wearing gold leggings will be a key part of that. There was a bubble stall near Williams Green in 2017, which all the kids were mad for, if you need a moment of respite when in that area.

Great tip! Thanks ravermum!

Edit: out of upvotes, dammit.

1 hour ago, gigpusher said:

Yes so am I. I'm hoping it's right. I have an irrational hatred of Kylie and her voice so I was glad to have other great options. Kylie, Robbie Williams and Jason From Sleaford Mods have voices that just go through me. I still put her on my playlist but when they come on I have to skip them!! 

I think my thoughts on R. Williams are reasonably well documented on here!

Edited by Woffy

4 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Nope, can't say I've ever heard you mention him? Big fan? Looking forward to a bit of swagger with Kylie pumping out kids? Bet your 3 year old will love it. 

?

Back on topic:

Now that I only need a tent for myself I have borrowed from a friend / lurker around these parts a Vango Soul 300 (2.7kg).

And very nice it is too.

Better than lugging around my 4 person (12.5kg) monster.

As I said elsewhere, i'm gonna positively skip in!

53 minutes ago, Charm said:

Just bought some raspberry sambuca as recommended by @HeyPorter, can’t wait to try it, hope I ordered the right brand   

Charm x

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B006VCWJKA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_Iys5CbKCKSECE

Yeah that’s the one I usually get but last week I picked up two bottles of this for £15 each from Morrison’s. Hoping I’m not disappointed. 

https://groceries.morrisons.com/webshop/product/Sambuca-Raspberry-Villa-Cardea/288079011?from=search&param=sambuca

11 minutes ago, HeyPorter said:

Yeah that’s the one I usually get but last week I picked up two bottles of this for £15 each from Morrison’s. Hoping I’m not disappointed. 

https://groceries.morrisons.com/webshop/product/Sambuca-Raspberry-Villa-Cardea/288079011?from=search&param=sambuca

Thanks, glad the one I got has been tested but I’m happy there’s not a Morrison’s near me or I’d be cross about what I paid. 

Charm x

Edited by Charm

42 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Great tip! Thanks ravermum!

Edit: out of upvotes, dammit.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone with a more punchable face than R Williams. You can imagine my thoughts on Kids (the song)

My diffraction glasses have arrived! Yey!! They’re so good. Thanks to, I think,@Supernintendo Chalmers and @stuartbert two hats who brought these to my attention in the Chemical Bros thread a few months ago.

I bought a few different types including hearts, smiley faces and a little figure that they called the “god of wealth” on the website (picture below). They are so good though, I can’t wait for it to be dark so I can put them on and stare out of the window ?.

868B10CA-F8E2-4DB8-A39F-17B40AC2DB04.jpeg.382cf41f1bd62bacdb3123d81c868717.jpeg

• Upvote 3

On 4/4/2019 at 5:21 PM, Quark said:

Of all the names I've had over the years, I think Mark would honestly sound the stupidest to explain 

"Well, I introduced myself as Quark to a slightly deaf, slightly dim person from the forums who didn't hear my name, but just nodded, then later on I introduced myself to someone else and the dim person overheard and realised I was Quark, so I asked him if he thought I said 'Mark', and he just nodded because he was too embarrassed to admit he'd not heard or really been paying attention when I said my name the first time. Then someone else decided my name was now 'Mark Quark'".

What's so stupid about that?

49 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

My diffraction glasses have arrived! Yey!! They’re so good. Thanks to, I think,@Supernintendo Chalmers and @stuartbert two hats who brought these to my attention in the Chemical Bros thread a few months ago.

I bought a few different types including hearts, smiley faces and a little figure that they called the “god of wealth” on the website (picture below). They are so good though, I can’t wait for it to be dark so I can put them on and stare out of the window ?.

Ohhhhh they’re look fun! Where did you get them from if you don’t mind asking?

Also, is it too early to start waterproofing things?

Edited by Jay89

1 hour ago, Phoenix Girl said:

These look fun - we had some acquired from one of the science tents earlier in the day that I ended up wearing for Radiohead in '17.

Last thing I remember is looking at a weird refracted Thom Yorke... 

11 minutes ago, Jay89 said:

Ohhhhh they’re look fun! Where did you get them from if you don’t mind asking?

Well these particular ones are from Ali Express but they take a few weeks to arrive so you need to get on it! Otherwise eBay or amazon but you probably won’t be able to get “god of wealth” ones on there as I only saw those particular ones on Ali Express. They have other ones though.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Phoenix Girl said:

They are gonna be so much fun! Enjoy, PG!

Been watching Barbsters 2017 videos in hype for next month and I just noticed me and my gang in the video which was a funny surprise. We are the Mario characters at 7:57 (I'm Mario!). 

Anyone else notice themselves in any YouTube Videos? 

7 minutes ago, Wilfko said:

Been watching Barbsters 2017 videos in hype for next month and I just noticed me and my gang in the video which was a funny surprise. We are the Mario characters at 7:57 (I'm Mario!). 

No, but i was once in a Travelodge in Birmingham and could see someone across the way getting torn into the continental spread, I kept thinking to myself, how the fuck do I recognise that person (I'm from Glasgow, I'd never been in Birmingham before). It troubled me for much of the rest of the morning, then something somehow reminded me about Glastonbury and I had a eureka moment - the character getting torn into the danish was that oddity off youtube who films himself at Glastonbury. 

1 hour ago, Wilfko said:

Yes!! The killers 2005, me and my mate are holding up a sign made out of 2 of my mums pink pillow cases sewn together, saying Smile like you mean it. We were on BBC and YouTube. Claim to fame 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

No, but i was once in a Travelodge in Birmingham and could see someone across the way getting torn into the continental spread, I kept thinking to myself, how the fuck do I recognise that person (I'm from Glasgow, I'd never been in Birmingham before). It troubled me for much of the rest of the morning, then something somehow reminded me about Glastonbury and I had a eureka moment - the character getting torn into the danish was that oddity off youtube who films himself at Glastonbury. 

Which one, Barbster?