What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

Jne___

5 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Bearded was indeed super cold. I've always been fine at other festivals and only ever take a season 3 sleeping bag, but the carpark at Bearded is only a 5-10 minute walk so it's harmless taking more stuff. I never wear day clothes in my sleeping bag @Sasperella as they hold onto the moisture in the air and actually make you colder. I always change into thin pj's and bed socks if I'm sharing a tent. Body heat heats up the sleeping bag so do some star jumps before climbing in for the night.

These are great tips thank you. I am also one for wearing my day hoodies in bed.

Been up in the loft looking out all the camping stuff, airbeds, sleeping bags, etc etc.compiled list of everything else from lager to Imodium. Excitement now at fever pitch. Bought a cheap cooker yesterday. Routes planned. Awaiting ticket delivery.

this is my 1000th post. The planets are aligning! It’s gonna be a good one! 

Now to  break the 200 upvotes barriers and my life will be complete 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
  • Upvote 1

We got both the tents out and checked and tried the new porch for 1 tent. A great success except for not vacating the cat out of the pop up 5 man tent and hearing a meow as we were doing the zip up. Oops. Cat is fine after a 5 min panic to release it ?

Ive found some pouches of nikwax waterproofer so ive decided to reproof my coat ... and ive packed my spare stay in the car bag ... with medical bits .. clean clothes and spare waterproof coat and trousers .... my legs and kitchen floor are now also waterproof as I was a little exuberant with the agitating :) 

Edited by crazyfool1

I have started putting Glastonbury sundries in one of my festival tote bags every now and again whenever I find something useful (just moved home) so that I don't have to search everywhere for things like plasters, tablets, tent torch etc.

Found my camera and my beanie hat for sleeping in if it's cold.  Added a few things to my pile to take to Bearded Theory (including those two things) and charged my portable charger.   I'm using BT as a test run for Glasto and noting down exactly what I'm taking so I can use the same (tweaked if necessary) list again.

Need to check my tent when it's next dry - I don't need it for BT as I'm going in my friend's camper van.  It should be OK - last used it in August last year.  

Ordered self inflating roll mat and more walking socks! Just returned from holiday in Costa Rica so lots of Glasto stuff is close at hand - hand sanitizer, waterproof etc! Need to identify a good tent for 1 person as I've gone in couples before... recommendations welcome! I want a porch and space for stuff as well as myself. Been debating the Quechua fresh + black but not sure on size!

3 minutes ago, EMorgz92 said:

Ordered self inflating roll mat and more walking socks! Just returned from holiday in Costa Rica so lots of Glasto stuff is close at hand - hand sanitizer, waterproof etc! Need to identify a good tent for 1 person as I've gone in couples before... recommendations welcome! I want a porch and space for stuff as well as myself. Been debating the Quechua fresh + black but not sure on size!

have a read of this thread ...:) 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, EMorgz92 said:

I have the Quechua fresh and black 2xl pop up. It’s fab. Perfect for one, would squeeze two if friendly. It’s more of a 2 and a half man size. Really easy to erect and put down. 

• Like 1

Signed up to these forums again (forgot my previous login) to get my self mentally and literally prepared.

Not been since 2014 and will be my first Glasto in my 30's.

I have 2 weddings and child birth stopping me from going previous 3 glastos! What are the chances of close friends and family having their wedding day on the Glasto Saturday 2 years running ?