What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

Jne___

Bought a sleeping bag. 

Bought a single sized air bed. 

Got home. 

Organised camping / Glasto shit.  

Found two single sized air beds. 

Took new single air bed back to shop. 

Bought ‘trial’ cider. 

Currently drinking it. It’s a bit...meh. 

47 minutes ago, Woffy said:

I’m off to sit in the middle of the garden away from the Internet for a while.

2 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Bought ‘trial’ cider. 

Currently drinking it. It’s a bit...meh. 

Well done for staying away from the internet for 45 minutes ?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Well done for staying away from the internet for 45 minutes ?

I’m taking this 100% as a compliment to my self-discipline and moral fortitude, PG. Here goes:

Why, thank you! ?

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

ive discovered ive got 4 sets of tent pegs and 2 tents ..... note to self ... do not ever buy tent pegs again or tents for that matter .... or sleeping bags ... or camping mats ... ok im setup well for the future 

Surely you can just camp in one of your massive hats? Couldn’t you create an outfit that -POOOOMMF - amazingly turns into a tent? I bet you can. Just under 40 days to go to revolutionise the entire festival-going experience. Get to it, cf1. 

1 minute ago, Woffy said:

Surely you can just camp in one of your massive hats? Couldn’t you create an outfit that -POOOOMMF - amazingly turns into a tent? I bet you can. Just under 40 days to go to revolutionise the entire festival-going experience. Get to it, cf1. 

I think we might be over estimating the size ... is that due to the cider :) 

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

ive discovered ive got 4 sets of tent pegs and 2 tents ..... note to self ... do not ever buy tent pegs again or tents for that matter .... or sleeping bags ... or camping mats ... ok im setup well for the future 

I have far too much camping stuff but still keep wanting to buy more.  I have just counted up and I have 7 tents.  But I still get tent envy and want to get a different type/style/size.  I haven't bought one for a few years now....I think 5 actually  so I am getting better!  And of course there's also all the other crap, I mean paraphernalia - stoves, mats, sleeping bags etc.  And then I read the camping thread and think of something else that I could buy! 

Just now, Beerqueen said:

I have far too much camping stuff but still keep wanting to buy more.  I have just counted up and I have 7 tents.  But I still get tent envy and want to get a different type/style/size.  I haven't bought one for a few years now....I think 5 actually  so I am getting better!  And of course there's also all the other crap, I mean paraphernalia - stoves, mats, sleeping bags etc.  And then I read the camping thread and think of something else that I could buy! 

Have you seen those ‘paddling pool’ style air beds? With sides. So you can’t roll off. Get one. Get one now. 

1 minute ago, Beerqueen said:

my issue being that i live in a 1 bed / 2 tent flat .... dont know if I should get that added on rightmove 

1 minute ago, Woffy said:

Have you seen those ‘paddling pool’ style air beds? With sides. So you can’t roll off. Get one. Get one now. 

Stop it!  I have only just bought a new self inflating mat.  And I don't roll - I just pass out and don't move until the tent gets too hot in the morning and I have to crawl out of it.  So I obviously need to buy one of the tents that keep out the sunshine.

1 minute ago, Beerqueen said:

Stop it!  I have only just bought a new self inflating mat.  And I don't roll - I just pass out and don't move until the tent gets too hot in the morning and I have to crawl out of it.  So I obviously need to buy one of the tents that keep out the sunshine.

just buy a gazebo to put over the top and a couple of space blankets ... and camp under a tree 

2 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

You’re welcome:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Intex-66810-Floque-Airbed-Inflator-Travel/dp/B0074K4MYO/ref=asc_df_B0074K4MYO/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=262021429624&hvpos=1o8&hvnetw=g&hvrand=15550480622859941577&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006476&hvtargid=pla-421125057999&psc=1

Just now, Sasperella said:

Don't worry @Woffy....I've accidently opened the Glasto cider stash too while researching GoT with my housemate

So if you are drunk and inadvisable on the internet, at least you're not the only one

‘Researching GoT’? Go on...

(NB: I don’t ‘research’ GoT)

(I totally do)

3 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Haha ooops....that was supposed to be "rewatching"

See earlier comment about being inadvisably on the internet 

I DON’T RESEARCH GAME OF THRONES FFS! I mean, come onnnn, who does that???!!!