What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

Jne___

17 hours ago, balti-pie said:

That is a stupid way to wear a bum bag. However I have just realised that the much derided American term fannypack is actually more appropriate than bumbag, considering hardly anyone would wear one hanging over their bum . . . 

But to an American your Fanny is your Bum - so we're going round in circles...

9 minutes ago, Hawros said:

But to an American your Fanny is your Bum - so we're going round in circles...

But here, your fanny is your fanny and your bum is your bum! 

I didnt expect to type that ever, I’ll be honest 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, barkley87 said:

It's payday so I have started my glasto shopping! I've bought some space blankets for my tent and a chillys water bottle. Going shopping for walking shoes this weekend. 

I've been targeted by these chillys bottles on social media. What's so good about them? They're canny expensive. 

1 minute ago, gratefulbread said:

I've been targeted by these chillys bottles on social media. What's so good about them? They're canny expensive. 

they keep things warm and cold for long periods ... they are good but much better when half price as they were a few weeks ago .... expensive but with a lot of use ok and better for the planet :) 

7 hours ago, gratefulbread said:

They keep water cool for ages (which will be necessary in this year's glasto heat wave), are leak proof and come in good colours. The price isn't too bad when you think about how much you'll use them. 

On 6/29/2017 at 3:08 PM, MrHew said:

Got a money box that I'm going to put all my 20 and 50p coins in to start saving. 

Been saving a tenner every Friday since Glasto 2017 and I’ve got 910 quid in my Glasto 19 tin. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, barkley87 said:

They keep water cool for ages (which will be necessary in this year's glasto heat wave), are leak proof and come in good colours. The price isn't too bad when you think about how much you'll use them. 

I am tempted TBF. I usually fill up a large bottle every morning and it does get warm quick if it's sunny. 

Took a trip to Go Outdoors and bought a new sleeping bag, sleeping mat and camping chair. There are some great savings to be had, especially if you have a Go Outdoors card.

The OEX Roam 300 sleeping bag (retails at £60) is £39.99 with a card but in the sale today only for £26! Particularly happy with that!

The Silentnight self inflating mat (retails at £70) is £35 with a card. It is 5cm thick but I tried it instore and it was very, very comfortable. MY back is going to be thanking me, come June!

Then just a standard Freedom trail chair usually £9.99 but down to £6. Perfect for round camp.

I've included the links incase anybody wants to take advantage of the offers.

IMG_20190427_130101465.thumb.jpg.9e1e3a2b724d26bdea9301d9dad2db3b.jpg 

Edited by jyoung

11 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Took a trip to Go Outdoors and bought a new sleeping bag, sleeping mat and camping chair. There are some great savings to be had, especially if you have a Go Outdoors card.

The OEX Roam 300 sleeping bag (retails at £60) is £39.99 with a card but in the sale today only for £26! Particularly happy with that!

The Silentnight self inflating mat (retails at £70) is £35 with a card. It is 5cm thick but I tried it instore and it was very, very comfortable. MY back is going to be thanking me, come June!

Then just a standard Freedom trail chair usually £9.99 but down to £6. Perfect for round camp.

I've included the links incase anybody wants to take advantage of the offers.

IMG_20190427_130101465.thumb.jpg.9e1e3a2b724d26bdea9301d9dad2db3b.jpg 

was considering a go outdoors trip today, youve just confirmed it :)

I had had a niggling thought in the back of my mind for  few days and today I could ignore it no longer.  I had paid my balance on 1st April and got my confirmation email  BUT I realised I hadn't checked my bank statement.  With a sick feeling in my stomach, I checked.  Phew it was there.  Never before have I been so happy to see a debit for £407.50.

On 6/29/2017 at 3:08 PM, MrHew said:

Got a money box that I'm going to put all my 20 and 50p coins in to start saving. 

Do the same but with one and two pound coins as well, if I’m skint, I take a few out, still end up with a couple of hundred quid though.