What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

Jne___

16 hours ago, kalifire said:

Started looking at t-shirts. I tend to buy a few shirts relating to the year's acts. It's my half-arsed attempt at 'dressing up'. I don't have space to carry elaborate outfits, but I can wear a few topical t-shirts, which then immediately get relegated to 'indoor only' on my return home.

Paging @bennyhana22

19 hours ago, kalifire said:

Started looking at t-shirts. I tend to buy a few shirts relating to the year's acts. It's my half-arsed attempt at 'dressing up'. I don't have space to carry elaborate outfits, but I can wear a few topical t-shirts, which then immediately get relegated to 'indoor only' on my return home.

3 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Paging @bennyhana22

Despite being very busy (decking doesn’t stain itself, you know...), this issue is of such importance that, yes, I am prepared to give of my time and, with pictures provided, a formal assessment of your t shirt choices, Kali.

What can I say? I’m a giver. 

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22
  • Upvote 1

I'm moving to a new flat so too busy at the mo for any Glastonbury preparation. When back at work on Tuesday though I will begin writing a 'packing' list. I don't take much to the festival now but I do still always make a list of things just as a reminder. Plus, I like making lists.

3 hours ago, Laurenkfj said:

Will you leave these infusing until glasto? And then just drain? 

2 hours ago, MJP said:

I would also like to know the process!

Blueberry: wash and dry 2 punnets and then put them in the freezer overnight - this breaks down the cells and releases the juice quicker. Add to jar, add 1 ltr vodka, squish blueberries and leave until the weekend before Glastonbury. Then strain (through a muslin cloth or similar) into a re-usable plastic bottle - it makes 1.5 ltrs, so still quite strong, so you might want to dilute when drinking - or be careful (I drank a ltr one wednesday afternoon, not entirely sure what happened that evening).

Pinneapple - no need to freeze, and you add gin this time, same process.

Don't be tempted to eat the fruit when finished - all the loveliness has gone in the spirit  and you're left with pulp.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, hfuhruhurr said:

Blueberry: wash and dry 2 punnets and then put them in the freezer overnight - this breaks down the cells and releases the juice quicker. Add to jar, add 1 ltr vodka, squish blueberries and leave until the weekend before Glastonbury. Then strain (through a muslin cloth or similar) into a re-usable plastic bottle - it makes 1.5 ltrs, so still quite strong, so you might want to dilute when drinking - or be careful (I drank a ltr one wednesday afternoon, not entirely sure what happened that evening).

Don't be tempted to eat the fruit when finished - all the loveliness has gone in the spirit  and you're left with pulp.

Perfect, thank you!! 

Like many others up and down the country I've taken advantage of this gorgeous weather and had a trial tent erection with the Quecha fresh and black and what a gorgeous tent it is ... 6 mins to put up and probably less to put away in a lovely roomy bag ....slightly larger than expected and not quite as dark ... but it was 2pm so not sure I was being realistic  :) and yes you could probably add a minute or two for pegging it better but you get the idea 

IMG_3236.jpeg

IMG_3235.jpeg

IMG_3237.jpeg

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Like many others up and down the country I've taken advantage of this gorgeous weather and had a trial tent erection with the Quecha fresh and black and what a gorgeous tent it is ... 6 mins to put up and probably less to put away in a lovely roomy bag ....slightly larger than expected and not quite as dark ... but it was 2pm so not sure I was being realistic  :) and yes you could probably add a minute or two for pegging it better but you get the idea 

IMG_3236.jpeg

IMG_3235.jpeg

IMG_3237.jpeg

I’ve done exactly the same thing today! Night with my son in the tent this evening!

7B553E64-91BF-40C7-976B-3DC0F86C5FA5.jpeg

Just now, duke88 said:

I’ve done exactly the same thing today! Night with my son in the tent this evening!

7B553E64-91BF-40C7-976B-3DC0F86C5FA5.jpeg

looks like you completed the job too ... mine was just a quick check to see if it was all there :) ... noticed a few repair bits ... was there a puncture kit in there ?

8 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

looks like you completed the job too ... mine was just a quick check to see if it was all there :) ... noticed a few repair bits ... was there a puncture kit in there ?

Yes, there’s a little patch in there. Hopefully won’t be needed! Very impressed with it, only worry is it’s going to be heavy carrying it in...

• Upvote 1

I worked, same again tomorrow as well, and I’ll get paid the extra bunce just as the Glastonbury gates open (due to spectacular NHS wages and extras happening well in arrears ???)  so more nice pints, decent meals, all that jazz 

23 hours ago, hfuhruhurr said:

Thanks for the recipe :-) Our dual vodka infuser isn't coming this year, so I might take over the role. These sound perfect?

• Upvote 1