What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

Jne___

16 hours ago, hannaranks said:

Set up my tent to check for holes and air it out. 

Got to say I would recommend this tent. It’s so spacious and the porch at the front makes for keeping bags and chairs and muddy shoes. Also pretty easy to put up and down, once you get the hang of it. 

I think it’s on offer for 79 pounds at decathlon at the mo.  

I want to sleep in it nowwwwwww. 

We have this tent and used it for Boardmasters last year, it was brilliant! Really sturdy, spacious yet cosy, and the blackout was amazing - the best sleep we have ever had at a festival by far. 

It stood up really well against the cliff winds there as well. 

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

It should be done on a scroll .. to fit in with the new Shakespeare stage 

All these years I have been carrying my clashfinder about on three sheets of A3, much to the ridicule of my group. However I am thick skinned and a scroll it shall be, complete with wooden turny bits at the top and bottom. I wonder if you can get some brass caps for the end of the wooden turny thing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bought new hiking boots, which have carried me several hundred miles of hill walking, x8 Electric Picnic festivals (central Ireland) and x3 Glastonburys. Now to get them worn in. Don't forget - two pairs of thin socks is better than one thick pair, kids!

Retiring previous pair to the garden. So I have to garden now I guess.

9 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

I know, we did a test pitch last month as well.

Still have to figure foods and stuff but all the camping stuff is bought.

I guess I'm a bit complacent now, I know I've got all the camping stuff so though I'll be making a list, it'll be nearer the time and I know it's just really working out what to take from what I've already got. And going by coach, it'll have to be only the essentials.  The spreadsheet I'm making is mainly working out what music I'm discovering and want to see/hear.

Edited by Beerqueen

With this weather I would expect all over the country back lawns are being turned into mini glastos as excited folk test out their tents, discover they havnt enough pegs, wonder how to get rid of that white mould that’s on the groundsheet and finally sit proudly in the tent drinking a cider! 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Mark Doran said:

Just bought a new 14-foot trampoline for Lost Horizon. Not cheap and I can't in all honesty afford it. But our existing one is falling to pieces - and there's no price on the sheer unadulterated joy of naked trampolining!

This ?

Started looking at t-shirts. I tend to buy a few shirts relating to the year's acts. It's my half-arsed attempt at 'dressing up'. I don't have space to carry elaborate outfits, but I can wear a few topical t-shirts, which then immediately get relegated to 'indoor only' on my return home.

• Upvote 1

Finally got the campervan through its MOT at the second attempt. I would normally been more thorough in preparing  it the first time round but this year a lack of time and the fact it hasn't been anywhere since 2017 meant a fail with binding brakes. 

Lost still to do before its ready for Glastonbury (actually Bearded Theory first) though, but it's a big tick in the list.

Edited by DarrenVonBoathook