What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

Jne___

Today I bought an inflatable pillow!

2017 Glastonbury destroyed my back, foolishly I still thought I could use my spare clothes as a make shift pillow just like Leeds fest 2009 - 2012. Turns out that's only okay when you're 17. 

3 hours ago, c8lin said:

2017 Glastonbury destroyed my back, foolishly I still thought I could use my spare clothes as a make shift pillow just like Leeds fest 2009 - 2012. Turns out that's only okay when you're 17. 

My one luxury, I bring the pillow from my own bed. An experienced camper once told me that it’s the best way to acclimatise yourself to sleeping in a tent. Having said that it’s quite big to carry so might go inflatable this year.

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Today im having a day off from Getting ready for Glastonbury ... Things nicely under control for a change :) 

That’s what you think, but the fact that you are on this site is in fact your mind preparing for the festival. There’s no such thing as a pre festival day off!?

Just now, Ayrshire Chris said:

That’s what you think, but the fact that you are on this site is in fact your mind preparing for the festival. There’s no such thing as a pre festival day off!?

well ok ... there's a few things I need to decide on .... and I need to create a lineup shirt/ t-shirt for the year but cant do that till the lineup drops ..... need to call in an electrician to safety check the wiring on my suit any short circuits might make it look like I can actually dance so I cant be having that ... and decide on a camping mat that fits my camp bed ... and start my flavoured vodka for the year ... ok you win :) 

• Upvote 1

Went up in the loft to check equipment and found a new self inflating mat i’d forgotten i’d bought for last time plus a new water carrier and some other stuff. Just need to air tents ( gonna be a lovely Easter weekend) and sort the solar lights now. 

21 hours ago, c8lin said:

tenor.gif

Just popped over the train station from my office and bought my train tickets. Open return £37.50 any time of day travel from Southampton. That's not bad. I always pay the extra bit of money so that I can travel home very early Monday morning (I've seen people refused entry to the station for only having off peak tickets before). It's getting closer...!

16 hours ago, surfbunnyuk said:

What were the prices like please? Especially wine and mixer cans ? Xx

The little bottles of wine were about 2 quid and they had 10 packs of gordons and captain morgan mixer cans for no more than 15 quid. So a bit of a markup from supermarket prices but not too much

• Upvote 1

Just generally got excited by the Avalon announcement. Doonicans! Frank Turner! Bananarama! 

Edit - I just had this awful feeling. My emails have been playing up meaning I haven't been able to check them as thoroughly as normal. And I started to doubt whether I really did receive a confirmation email after paying the balance. My stomach was turning as I checked. But there it was  - phew!

Edited by Beerqueen

I just ordered a new pair of hiking type boots. I'll have to try them when they get here. 

Ive also been flipflopping back and forth about booking my flight to London. It's not far out now but flights have not gone on sale in the last 3 months and now i'm worried they're going to get more expensive. I just want to have everything sorted. 

I'm also considering going to Glastonbury a few days before and seeing the stuff around before the festival, but I need to get my shit together and plan some stuff. I feel like i'm really cutting things close this year. It's going to be May in a second. 

Set up my tent to check for holes and air it out. 

Got to say I would recommend this tent. It’s so spacious and the porch at the front makes for keeping bags and chairs and muddy shoes. Also pretty easy to put up and down, once you get the hang of it. 

I think it’s on offer for 79 pounds at decathlon at the mo.  

I want to sleep in it nowwwwwww. 

DD9DEDB0-B657-465E-96D1-0E8517026E83.jpeg

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, MetaKate said:

I just ordered a new pair of hiking type boots. I'll have to try them when they get here. 

Ive also been flipflopping back and forth about booking my flight to London. It's not far out now but flights have not gone on sale in the last 3 months and now i'm worried they're going to get more expensive. I just want to have everything sorted. 

I'm also considering going to Glastonbury a few days before and seeing the stuff around before the festival, but I need to get my shit together and plan some stuff. I feel like i'm really cutting things close this year. It's going to be May in a second. 

The southwest is lovely apparently ... of course until you live there :) 

14 hours ago, MetaKate said:

Would definitely recommend staying in Glastonbury, it’s a great place with lots of interesting characters to meet and a fab way to start the festival, we always stay there on the Tuesday night. 

Charm x