What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

Jne___

1 hour ago, gfest2009 said:

Currently camping in Scotland ❄❄❄

1 hour ago, gfest2009 said:

Currently camping in Scotland ❄❄❄

Bloody hell, I live here and sitting with the central heating on full blast. Mind you it’s dry and sunny so tried out the solar lights that we use to pimp the tent! 

21 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Bloody hell, I live here and sitting with the central heating on full blast. Mind you it’s dry and sunny so tried out the solar lights that we use to pimp the tent! 

Currently on Arran. Coped overnight thanks to numerous layers but on the beach this morning was bitter!! Camping with a broken arm is bullshit though: Glasto should be a piece of piss after this! ?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, gfest2009 said:

Currently on Arran. Coped overnight thanks to numerous layers but on the beach this morning was bitter!! Camping with a broken arm is bullshit though: Glasto should be a piece of piss after this! ?

Hope you are enjoying it, weather lovely and sunny but the wind is biting cold. I can see the Arran hills from my front window! At least the midges havnt appeared yet! 

I established that my daughter doesn't mind sharing a tent with me so we only have to take one with us.  

I checked our rucksacks to try to establish whether I need to order the 85l one from Blacks on the other thread. We have four rucksacks but none are marked with their size so may have to visit Blacks to see what an 85l one looks like. The ones that we have have been fine in the past but.... Well a bargain's a bargain... 

Tweeted the co-op to ask if they'll be selling beer. They can't say yet. 

Wondered whether it's too soon to find my packing list. 

3 hours ago, gfest2009 said:

C69FAAF7-6B8B-4AE1-B1BA-967DB56AC2D1.jpeg.1ecae6b5d590c0f088e2173eae788712.jpegthis was tonight’s sunset over Arran. The hills formation is known locally as the sleeping warrior. If you look carefully they give that impression.  I still think however that it will be bloody cold camping out over there tonight! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Bought a water container for the tent. Bought a hard sided one as the fold up type are a challenge for my daughter to pick up and operate as they have a mind of their own when filled with water. 

2016's solar lights are in the garden now, so bought new ones to mark up the tent. They will join previous ones in the back garden afterward.

56 minutes ago, Gedh said:

2016's solar lights are in the garden now, so bought new ones to mark up the tent. They will join previous ones in the back garden afterward.

Bought what’s meant to be solar powered fairy lights for the same reason and it turned out to be battery ones. suppose if I wrap it up in carrier bag it should get wet and stop working.

1 hour ago, Jay89 said:

Bought what’s meant to be solar powered fairy lights for the same reason and it turned out to be battery ones. suppose if I wrap it up in carrier bag it should get wet and stop working.

Stick them in a sandwich bag, fold over the top and tie them on to the tent with string. You can get to the switch through the bag normally.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Gedh said:

Stick them in a sandwich bag, fold over the top and tie them on to the tent with string. You can get to the switch through the bag normally.

or maybe get some of the ziplock ones ... I find these have all sorts of uses on the farm ... keeping toilet roll dry for starters :) 

14 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

I established that my daughter doesn't mind sharing a tent with me so we only have to take one with us.  

I checked our rucksacks to try to establish whether I need to order the 85l one from Blacks on the other thread. We have four rucksacks but none are marked with their size so may have to visit Blacks to see what an 85l one looks like. The ones that we have have been fine in the past but.... Well a bargain's a bargain... 

Tweeted the co-op to ask if they'll be selling beer. They can't say yet. 

Wondered whether it's too soon to find my packing list. 

We need updates on the ongoing co-op beer and cider situation. 

Just now, Ayrshire Chris said:

My guess would be that they will sell alcohol ... based on absolutely no info at all ... I think the alcohol sales at coop will just minimise what people take on site and not make a significant impact on bar sales ... that’s my take on it ... as that’s what i will be doing 

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

They sold alcohol at Leeds last year. Mostly carlsberg/somersby with it being the bar sponsor. But they also had brookyln lager too, coop wine and spirit mixer cans. Alcohol was basically half of the shop's stock.

So depending who the main beer provider is at Glasto i'm guessing they'd have to stock that ??‍♀️

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, kaytee... said:

They sold alcohol at Leeds last year. Mostly carlsberg/somersby with it being the bar sponsor. But they also had brookyln lager too, coop wine and spirit mixer cans. Alcohol was basically half of the shop's stock.

So depending who the main beer provider is at Glasto i'm guessing they'd have to stock that ??‍♀️

Cans of Tuborg? Fuck that

1 hour ago, ceetee said:

Cans of Tuborg? Fuck that

Carlsberg also make Tuborg, so you’d like to think they’d have both (I’ll admit now I’m a huge and tedious beer snob, and I wouldn’t wash my wellies with either of those tasteless slops ??

5 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Carlsberg also make Tuborg, so you’d like to think they’d have both (I’ll admit now I’m a huge and tedious beer snob, and I wouldn’t wash my wellies with either of those tasteless slops ??

Likewise. Utter shite.

• Upvote 1

Aired my tent out over the weekend, solar lights out in the garden charging up/testing, bought my new sleeping bag and rucksack (the 65L from Blacks!) ... going on a camping trip this weekend as prep :)

I say all this, but I'm still awaiting the resale to find out if I'm even going! #alwaysbeprepared