What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

Jne___

17 minutes ago, Jay89 said:

Looking for a way to strap my air bed/sleeping bag to my backpack, as it’s so bulky it won’t fit inside after I’d pack everything else. Anyone heard of straps you can get for the job? I’m not even sure such a thing exists.

ratchet straps ? u looked at those ? they dont work their way loose like bungys do but id also tie it to the rucksack too with any cords that it might have just to make sure 

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

ratchet straps ? u looked at those ? they dont work their way loose like bungys do but id also tie it to the rucksack too with any cords that it might have just to make sure 

Great idea, thank you! Definitely better than nylon strap with plastic buckle. Now, to find one small enough not to look like I’ve just pulled it off the lorry in Calais ?

2 hours ago, Jay89 said:

Great idea, thank you! Definitely better than nylon strap with plastic buckle. Now, to find one small enough not to look like I’ve just pulled it off the lorry in Calais ?

usual suspects online amazon / eBay .. often see them in tk max too 

Edited by crazyfool1
its not tx maxi!!
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, The Nal said:

Got my 20 year old festival shorts stitched up and and the pocket repaired. I thought they were for the bin but they can work magic these days. 

Not that old, but repaired my festi cargo shorts last year with a lovely botch job. Once you get a comfy pair you don't wanna let go!

Climbed a mountain as part of a fitness regime*, only a little mountain but a mountain all the same, actually it may have been a hill, I don't know what the cut off is. Anyway, I didn't look back until I got to the top.**

*Walking a bit to get fit for the big G.

**I did.

35 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Climbed a mountain as part of a fitness regime*, only a little mountain but a mountain all the same, actually it may have been a hill, I don't know what the cut off is. Anyway, I didn't look back until I got to the top.**

*Walking a bit to get fit for the big G.

**I did.

As a munroist, 3000ft is a mountain anything less is a hill.

2 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

spent most of my time in work looking at hiking boots. I've decided that it isn't going to be as muddy as 2016 so will be able to get by with hiking boots (and trainers if it is gloriously dry, which it will be).

We had just walking boots in 2016 and it was glorious! So much easier than wellies. I don't know if we just had good boots/got lucky or what but i remember us both being quite annoyingly smug. 

Just now, gfest2009 said:

We had just walking boots in 2016 and it was glorious! So much easier than wellies. I don't know if we just had good boots/got lucky or what but i remember us both being quite annoyingly smug. 

I don't understand my aversion to walking boots since a) I hate wellies and b) all of my trainers are high tops so I'm already half way there.

Hopefully I'll spot a decent pair for under £50!

1 minute ago, Kinkyinuit said:

I don't understand my aversion to walking boots since a) I hate wellies and b) all of my trainers are high tops so I'm already half way there.

Hopefully I'll spot a decent pair for under £50!

I know nothing about boots but I do need a pair... Sports Direct have a few under £50.

https://www.sportsdirect.com/SearchResults?DescriptionFilter=Walking Boots

• Like 1

Tested out my new tent- surprised at how easy it is to put tents away normally (and get them in the tent bag), but on the Monday after Glastonbury, it's like some sort of mind messing round of the Krypton Factor that I struggle to complete!