What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

Jne___

Just now, gfest2009 said:

Not in plaster, just a brace, so very conscious of knocking it or anything ?. I literally fell over when getting off the sofa. What an idiot! Can't use it for two weeks, but should be fully healed for June at least!

Yes, that's me too! We chatted about your exciting opportunity this year: glad work gave the go ahead! 

Here are the boots; they still need some work but looks like that's going to have to wait!

IMG_20190331_170028_653.jpg

They're amazing and hope you heal quickly and as pain free as possible ........

9 minutes ago, Ollie 1995 said:

A tad off topic - but been looking for the "ultra" HD aerial photo of Glasto where you can zoom in (to the point where you can try and find your tent).

Anyone know where this is? I know it was done for 2015/16 but not sure about '17. 

Thanks

It was removed, can't remember the reason why. Think @Keithy might be able to shed some light. 

38 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

It was removed, can't remember the reason why. Think @Keithy might be able to shed some light. 

35 minutes ago, Ollie 1995 said:

Oh that sucks if that's the case. Been looking for it the last hour to get me excited!

That was https://glastomap.com/. Permission to use the photo was withdrawn.

However if you download Google Earth Pro to your PC and search for Worthy Farm, then you can basically get the same functionality. Google have the 2017 festival available under Historical Imagery (you have to set the view to HDTV to get the best results)

The image I extracted below is the site at that time and allows to zoom a bit however it's just a jpeg so you soon begin to lose detail.GF2017-2.thumb.jpg.89171dfb3858aebc2218ec9299d38f4f.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Keithy said:

However if you download Google Earth Pro to your PC and search for Worthy Farm, then you can basically get the same functionality. Google have the 2017 festival available under Historical Imagery (you have to set the view to HDTV to get the best results)

The image I extracted below is the site at that time and allows to zoom a bit however it's just a jpeg so you soon begin to lose detail.GF2017-2.thumb.jpg.89171dfb3858aebc2218ec9299d38f4f.jpg

Nice! Thanks so much - that's my next 2 hours sorted!

On 4/1/2019 at 6:50 PM, Keithy said:

What time of day was that taken? Must be real early hours. Looks weird as there's thousands of tents there, but you can't see any people anywhere! All the stages and communal areas are completely empty.

Edited by duke88

On 4/1/2019 at 6:50 PM, Keithy said:

How come permission was withdrawn? Just down to usage rights or the festival not wanting such a detailed aerial view of the layout?

1 hour ago, duke88 said:

What time of day was that taken? Must be real early hours. Looks weird as there's thousands of tents there, but you can't see any people anywhere! All the stages and communal areas are completely empty.

Judging by tent densities, It's going to be about noon, give or take an hour. You can see plenty people at the gates or queueing outside.

It's from the Wednesday in 2017, which was blazing sunshine and hot as anything, so most people who are actually on site and set up at that point won't be out in the open.

21 minutes ago, ceetee said:

How come permission was withdrawn? Just down to usage rights or the festival not wanting such a detailed aerial view of the layout?

I don't think the chap who ran GlastoMap ever got a full explanation. I think security issues was banded about but nothing official.

I was hoping to create a website map using the embedded Google Earth /Maps image but Google (not evil ha!) have drastically changed the API usage:

https://geoawesomeness.com/developers-up-in-arms-over-google-maps-api-insane-price-hike/

1 hour ago, duke88 said:

Not sure on the time. I think there was an image for each day on Google Earth. Will have a look this evening.

2 hours ago, incident said:

Judging by tent densities, It's going to be about noon, give or take an hour. You can see plenty people at the gates or queueing outside.

It's from the Wednesday in 2017, which was blazing sunshine and hot as anything, so most people who are actually on site and set up at that point won't be out in the open.

Yeah, I was safely in the shade in the bar in Woods at that point

Just been to check on our caravan and to measure for an awning. Discovered the fecking roof light has come off and been somewhat open to elements. On the plus side someone has patched it up for us as its on a storage site. Now have to find a new one for an old van. ? Just gaffa taped it with some bin liners in the meantime. Spring getaway will have to wait. Sigh. 

1 hour ago, dj_conway said:

I too got the exact same one last week. Do your wheels have a bit of 'slide' on them? Mine seems as though the axle is slightly too long and the wheels can slide on the axle.

Mine move a little bit, put that down to my hamfisted DIY skills though! Just taken a load of stuff on it from the shed to my car and it coped fine*

*Paving/ tarmac probably not the best simulation of likely Glastonbury underfoot conditions

• Like 1